It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's middle name no where to be found in media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Barack Hussein Obama

A lot of hype for him currently yet the media does not feel the need to ever mention his middle name of "Hussein". A quick google search will prove this to be true.

One wonders why? We know if he was a republican it would be the focal point of discussion about him. Meaningless? Maybe? More evidence of the left-wing media conspiracy? Probably

We'll se how it goes...

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Apoc]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Doesn't really mean much to me since his last name is pretty close to Osama. Don't really think he's tring to hide anything.

I thought Obama was his middle name and he was hiding his last name Mama.

Barack Obama Mama.

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Remember, Teddy Kennedy once referred to him as "Osama Obama".

His grandfather was muslim, thus the middle name. Barack himself converted to Christianity, I believe.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I thought Obama was his middle name and he was hiding his last name Mama.

Barack Obama Mama.

Actually, Mama is his second middle name. His last name is really Pajamas.

Barack Obama Mama Pajamas.

Wait'll they dig up his uncle on his father's side, Hitler Hussein Pajamas.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I know he's Democrat, but i have it from my source that he will be the Anti-Christ.

There's something i do not like about him- and its not his color. Its not his name either.
There's something about him.....

:shk:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I know he's Democrat, but i have it from my source that he will be the Anti-Christ.

Naah. By the time Hillary's through with him, he won't even be the anti-Mister Rogers.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I know he's Democrat, but i have it from my source that he will be the Anti-Christ. There's something i do not like about him- and its not his color. Its not his name either. There's something about him.....

Wow. Is David Duke your source? I, for one, would like to know what the source is so I can read it for myself. And Hillary I suppose is a crack-whore from the same source?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Sheesh, after skull & bones member Kerry shill of the 2004 elections, it is apparent the Hillary-Obama Primary Polls are totally compromised and are not only inaccurate but totally biased and untrue. Hillary and Obama are completely UN-ELECTABLE like John Kerry was in '04, yet they lead in the Primary effectively ahead of Albert Gore, the only man with enough global political ties to defeat the dark side.

Obama is nothing more than a shill for the Bush Clinton Crime Syndicate. No different from Dukakis, Kerry or Mondale. Any conspiracy nut such as myself understands that any Democrat north of the Mason Dixon line cannot get elected as President of the United States. It hasn't happened since 1960, and that was pre-civil rights.

Horay, vote Jeb Bush..

[edit on 12-12-2006 by syntaxer]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
1. Hussein is a pretty common name in many parts of the world.

2. There are a lot of politicians who "hide" their middle names. Dick Cheney, John Kerry, Al Gore, etc. do not go around splashing their middle names all over the place.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Plus, three name names are usually reserved for serial killers.

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I really don't care what his name is. This is more a comment on the media. If there was a popular republican possible presidential candidate with an "interesting" middle name like Hussein or Hitler you bet it would be all over the place. There is a purposeful attempt to supress this info (even though it is meaningless) by the obviously partisan media in this country.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Maybe the news media know just know that for the 10% of people stupid enough to be afraid of the name Hussein, there are another 30% who would feel that their intelligence was being insulted and ignore the middle name attack, and all other attacks from the source that made it.

I think the reason that something seems "wrong" with Obama is because he's so visually unfamiliar to Americans. His ethnic background is not something we see a lot of. He's not that dark skinned, his facial build doesn't match up with what we have been conditioned to expect from his skin color, and he doesn't act like most politicians.

I honestly think that he's just such a shock to the subconscious system of groupings that we all use to classify the things we see that he seems strange.

Those that know his background a little better might be a little confused that nobody ever came after him with hardcore attack ads while he was on his way up, but I tend to buy his guess at why that is: his fellow democrats had to be nice to the really diverse black guy and the Republicans couldn't rough him up too bad either because that's not going to carry well in Chicago, which is where most of his campaigns were centered up until his one and only run for state-wide office. (and actually it's not like Bobby Rush was completely kid-gloves with him)

The fact that he got his law degree at the University of Chicago might cause some to speculate about being some kind of neo-con plot, afterall that's where Wolfowitz and Ashcroft went, not to mention Bork, but that's to ignore that John Paul Stevens, Carol Moseley-Braun, and others also went there and are anything but in cahoots with this administration.

Then there's the anti-christ thing. I don't happen to believe in any such thing but the beast (there wasn't an anti-christ until people who couldn't speak French got ahold of Nostradamus) is supposed to come from Rome according to revelations. He's supposed to come from there for a good reason: It was Nero.

Last but not least, serial killers always have two names. Lone-gunman assassins have 3 names, but only if the target dies. (too bad for John Henkley) Sirhan Sirhan didn't get 3 names because his middle name was Sirhan and it just sounds stupid.
Ezekial, Karl, Walters... he's one of Jonas' fall guys!
That was a great movie. Sounds like Mel Gibson took it to heart though.

Edit to add:
It's way to early to poll Obama accurately. His name recognition is still too low. We won't know where America stands on him until America hears him speak. When that happens, he's going to be EXTREMELY electable.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Wow. Is David Duke your source? I, for one, would like to know what the source is so I can read it for myself. And Hillary I suppose is a crack-##### from the same source?
Au contraire, mon ami, i am a liberal and would like nothing better than to have the best of the best- however, i do not like Obama.
Hillary is not a crack ##### and since i'm a Democrat, i think i would vote for her before i'd vote for him. Of course right now i;m just going on gut feelings about Obama....that could change. I get very bad vibes from him, just as i always have from George.
Does that clarify it for you?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Maybe the news media know just know that for the 10% of people stupid enough to be afraid of the name Hussein, there are another 30% who would feel that their intelligence was being insulted and ignore the middle name attack, and all other attacks from the source that made it.
My feelings have nothing to do with color, or name as i said. It is a deep gut feeling with Obama- something doesnt sit well with me.

Those of you who know me know that i dont even think Osama exists, and this whole bruhaha was something made up by this government- so in no way am i intimidated by the name Hussein or the color of the man.

As i said- Something doesnt sit right as far as he goes with me.
Maybe i can figure it out later.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The hussein thing wasn't directed at you DG, and I don't claim to know what doesn't sit well, but the fact that you can't put your finger on it causes me to suspect that it could have a lot to do with how far outside our conditioning he is in terms of the way he is dealt with, the way he speaks, and even his appearance and the way his name sounds.

That's not to say it's a matter of racism, he's just outside of our experience in so many ways that it's easy to have a generalized feeling of something out of place and not be able to tell what it is exactly.

The anti-christ thing also raises my eyebrow. Religion and the unfamiliar go hand in hand. Everyone shouts anti-christ at the newest thing they don't understand, whether its the European Union or Social Security Numbers.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, he does fit the mold of the Anti-Christ, IMO

He's savy in the political arena, he's tall , dark, and good looking ( not really, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i suppose, and he;s going to be very well liked. He does seem to fit some of the mold.
But i'm basing it on something else.....yet i dont know what it is. I will be studying him closely and see if my feelings are unfounded, see what he's offering us, and i'll have to decide later. I just dont like his aura and i think he's going to be bad for this country (gut feelings again)....I shouldnt have said anything i cant explain, but what the heck.

So i'll see what i feel for him in a few months....it could be that i change my mind and fall in love with the man- i dont know.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I believe the point was not that there is a conspiracy about his name, but that the media is completely ignoring it.

Honestly, if Bush's middle name was "Hussein" -- the press would crucify him over it. I can't even imagine all the jokes that would fill editorial pages and political cartoons. But their golden boy Obama gets only positive reviews. Most likely to pacificy the colored people in the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
Obama's middle name no where to be found in media

That's simply NOT TRUE! This is a false statement. It's found plenty of places!

Who knows what Jimmy Carter's middle name is? Anybody? Is it a cover up? How about Gerald Ford? (it's Rudolph - I bet the media purposely avoided it so as to not have him associated with a red-nosed reindeer!)

What about Dick Cheney? (Could it be Head or Breath?) How about Rudy Giuliani? What's Rumsfeld's middle name? Is the media covering them up for some reason?

Hussein is a common name. As is my middle name. I don't use it but not because I am ashamed of it or don't want people to know it. It doesn't hold some secret association with terrorism. I imagine the media could have thought that the public is stupid enough to judge the man for his name, but I don't think people are that stupid, do you?

Apoc why do you think the media is 'covering it up"? I find NO truth to that allegation by the way. His name is EVERYWHERE. His full name.

Wikipedia - Barack Obama

Barack Hussein Obama (born August 4, 1961) is the junior U.S. Senator from Illinois.

World Biography

Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. (b. 1961)

Named After his Father

Obama has joked that he worried his political career was over after 9/11 because his name sounded too much like Osama. In fact, it's better than that: Named after his father, his full name is Barack Hussein Obama Jr.

His name is everywhere. What is the media supposed to do, use it every time they say his name? Just like they do with all politicians?

So, you think they're "covering it up" because he's the son of Saddam or some crap? You think he's secretly a terrorists because one of his names could be associated with Muslims?

This is grasping at straws to tarnish a man who looks like he could be the next great hope to bring back America simply because of a name that someone gave him as a tiny baby. But I guess if that's all people can find against him, that's a pretty good sign.
This is a non-issue, but I guess if it's all you got...

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Most likely to pacificy the colored people

Niiiice! Playing the race card. Classy! :shk:

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
His full name is mentioned in every one of these articles, many before this became an 'issue' by people who wish to make him look bad for no reason. He brought it up himself many times.

The Chicago Sun-Times

Rush Limbaugh

Republicans Thumped in Fall Elections. Now What?

Herald Tribune

Cushing Daily Citizen

WQAD.com

I could go on, but you get my drift... The premise of this thread is simply inaccurate. Just because the OP hasn't seen the name very much doesn't mean it's not there...

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
No one is saying it's a cover-up. However, it is clear that the media is not publicizing the name as much as it would if it belonged to someone that the media viewed unfavorably. I gave Bush as an example. Imagine "George Hussein Bush." That would be all over the papers. He would be completely ridiculed. However, this is not the case with Obama.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join