It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

newborns murdered for stem cells?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
the bbc has evidence that many babies in the ukraine may have been murdered for the purpose of stem cell harvesting.

many mothers had given birth to healthy babies only to have them taken away by the medical staff where the babies then died.

30 bodies were recently exhumed and video which was allowed to be taken of one of the autopsies shows the dismemberment of the baby was not part of a normal post-motem examination but appeared to be to allow access to the bone marrow.

story

highly disturbing!

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
You know, this whole 'kill-the-baby-for-stem-cells' issue is so ignorant. Most people don't know this (I'm not sure why) but the umbilical cord and placenta (usually tossed in the trash at birth) is a rich source of stem cells. No abortions, no death, no dead fetuses.

There are over 4 million umbilicals/placentas created every year in the US alone (that's alot of stem cells). It seems to me that if more effort was placed into facilitating the collection, processing and banking of these wasted umbilicals/placenta instead of the hysteria surrounding 'fetus farming' the latter would be a non-issue.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
First of all the article at the end say,

It could possibly be a result of harvesting stem cells from bone marrow.

This is just a speculation about the bodies.

Now the way the article is written is obviously targeting stem cells research and particularly that Ukraine As the self-styled stem cell capital of the world.

Pretty fishy, but is nothing wrong with finding why certain place may have a higher incident of full term babies death.

The way the bodies of the babies has been found is something to be concern.

If the story is not been sensationalized

I wonder who the One campaigner was that was allowed into the autopsy to gather video evidence. She has given that footage to the BBC and Council of Europe.

So it seems like some people in a mission.

The council of Europe while a very good organization that seek the treatment of human rights is also against the use or misused of stem cell research.

www.coe.int...

They are looking to get legislation against tampering with early form of human life.

In other words they need provable cause to purse that legislation, so perhaps anything that has to do with death of human babies or embryos will be in their agenda to stop or to redefine what will be allowed ethically with stem cell research.

Council of Europe and European Union legislation, based on fundamental ethical principles, does exist for specific issues, such as prohibition against producing embryos solely for research. .

www.genethik.de...

Interesting article but more interesting who is pursuing the story.
and how it made it to the news.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
well, i only reported what is being 'claimed' based on 'evidence'. i never stated that is what is going on. i dont know who was behind the story or their motives.

however, a little research will show that for the past few years there have been many cases in the ukraine (and in that town in particular) of babies being stolen, organs being harvested and healthy babies suddenly dying and the parents not being allowed to see the body. if that was happening in your town, wouldnt you be a little worried? i know i would be.

its probably just coincidental that the town is at the forefront of genetic experiments and especially those concerning children story

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
By all means the story should raised some concern to the people involved and for the family of the babies.

however, a little research will show that for the past few years there have been many cases in the ukraine (and in that town in particular) of babies being stolen,

Now that is something scary and if is more information it will be nice to add it to this thread to for further comparison.

its probably just coincidental that the town is at the forefront of genetic experiments and especially those concerning children story

Or may not, nd is a very genuine concern about what is going on in that area.

We always going to find some in the medical community that will do anything in the name of science including despicable acts against humanity.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Now that is something scary and if is more information it will be nice to add it to this thread to for further comparison.

sure... heres some links...

link 1

link 2

link 3

link 4

link 5

[edit on 12-12-2006 by justyc]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am no expert on stem cell research but, what in the word taking babies specific organs has to do with stem cell? Looks more like harvesting organs for other purposes.

The cells that are the ones most wanted are the ones from embryos and they have not organ formation yet.

One point to make by the links, the women targeted are mostly young and single, I wonder why they are targeting their babies.

This can be much more than just cell stem reaserch it could be other types of research involved.

Very disturbing.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is all just propeganda from the anti-stem-cell people.
It's stupid. Their only argument against it is that we hurt babies, which is complete and utter bull****.

Unfortunately, even when proven that the research isnt a bad thing, they are too ignorant and stubborn to change their views, so they go on a lying spree telling people that stem-cell researchers go around killing babies.

Don't pay any attention to them, theyre something akin to a spoilt child who didnt get what he wanted, so he goes around lying to get sympathy.

It's pathetic.

top topics

join