It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Jack the Ripper?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Has a new "Jack the Ripper" emerged from the cold dark alleys of middle England?

Although this serial killer does not mutilate and disembowel his victims, with the other fitting traits he possesses, he has been dubbed The Ipswich Ripper

Much like the infamous 'Jack', this killer preys on the less fortunate who practice the age old profession of prostitution.

Reminiscent of the original Serial killer, prostitutes beware. Although only some of the characteristics of this killer shadow his predecessor, he/she will no doubt invoke fear once again in those who walk the streets at night.

Detectives have said none of the dead women are thought to have been sexually assaulted

With three women found dead, and two more missing, the police do not appear to be any closer to finding the identity of the killer, much like over a hundred years ago.

With todays technology far surpassing that of Scotland yards, so many years ago, my hopes are they find this monster before he strikes again.

The first murder was in October, followed by one in November. With one more being found in December and the possibility of two more... the pattern of this killer, as seen with many other serial killers appears to be escalating.

Hopefully, although sharing some likeness to England's and possibly the worlds, first serial killer, this killer will be caught and not drift away into the night and become another legend. ( probably too much, but thought it sounded good )

Chronology of the Killings

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Beleive there is a thread on this already

Yes it is intresting and i'll be watching this Seriel Killing, maybe make a gamble how many kills he gets before he is caught...

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Galiega
maybe make a gamble how many kills he gets before he is caught...

betting on how many he/she kills is really disrespectful to his victims.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
if i were in the investigation

i'd figure the killer person probably got a STD or even a fatal HIV/AIDS
and that might be a cause or instigation for this inhumanity...

more so than that 'working women' are easy targets because of their 'disordered' schedules and risky lifestyles

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
if i were in the investigation

more so than that 'working women' are easy targets because of their 'disordered' schedules and risky lifestyles

Such things are not this easy to figure , people tick differently each and everyone.
what fires john off wont be the same as what fires fred off, everyones different .

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Sry, didn't realize someone already posted the story.

With the victims not being sexually assaulted ( according to the article, which I think with there profession would be hard to ascertain ) I'm thinking he/she would have other issues they are dealing with.

Being the fact, as mentioned by Udio, that there line of work leaves them vuneralble to such attacks, may be the reason in itself as to the 'why'.

For someone who wants to kill, they make an easy target if thats all that is desired.

Sad world we live in.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
5 now.

Two more bodies have been found.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Suffolk constabulary police conference confirm two more bodies found.
Ongoing investigation to establish if these are the two missing prostitutes Paula Clennell and Annette Nicholls.
See news for live reports on Sky News Channel or BBC News .

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
what fires john off wont be the same as what fires fred off, everyones different .

Omega, that is why psychology and psychiatry intrigue me... Everytime I hear about someone like this Ipswich murderer, or any serial killer really,I have to wonder what causes them to explode...

One of the things that amazes me is how different people react to the same experiences differently...

For example, Johnny is beaten tremedously by his father. After each beating, his father then proceeds to molest Johnny... He does this on a regular basis.. Down the road, Greg also gets beaten and molested by his uncle on a regular basis..

Johnny grows up, becomes a business man and tries to contribute to charities. Greg on the otherhand, grows up with anger and hatred in his heart. One day, Greg goes on a murderous rampage that hasn't been equaled in decades. Why? Why is there such a differentiation between the two individuals responses? Are some people just born with the inclination of being evil? Would it have mattered if Greg had not experienced the abuse and and molestation?

These are questions that I ask myself in these types of cases.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I would think if this guy (if it is one guy) is escalating this quickly then he's gonna get himself caught quick as he must be totally outta control by now. It's a bit hard to fathom how he can operate at all in with such a spotlight on the area. It's a very small area he's operated in.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wow, that was fast.

I suppose they will be keeping a close eye on anymore disappearances for the next while.

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
I would think if this guy (if it is one guy)

I was just thinking the same thing, if it is one person.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
They believe the claremont serial killed fled to england when people got hot on his trail.

He enjoyed picking up young women from perth, killing them, then dumping them in the bush...

Could be related?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
They were saying on the TV a couple of days back no way this guy doesn't have some experience with this kind of violence. It's a slap in the face to the police as well as I hear one of these latest girls went missing at the weekend after all the press and police were 'all over it'...

Colchester is nearby which is a big army town, I'm surprised he hasn't struck there as surely there's more victims of his type there than Ipswich.

the claremont case is interesting how long ago was that? They're saying this guy must have local knowledge based on his choice of dumping grounds.

It's just amazing looking at a map he's dumped them all in an area no bigger than 10 miles squared! And in such a short space of time!

If the area is that small they should go house to house.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Claremont serial killings were mid 90's.

3-4 youn women early-mid 20's were seemingly taken from the streets, clubs, bars...

and murdered and dumped in the bush.

one still hasnt been found.

rumours go around of mutliation, through biting of the flesh.. but the police never released details.

They questioned cab drivers specifically, because of the ease in which this 'person' took the girls from public places, without anyone noticing.

They were all attractive, young women.. with no tie.

Then all of a sudden it stopped, the trail went cold and since we have never had anything the same happen.

I heard a while back they believed he fled to england...

Im pretty sure the crime squad created for this serial killed will be assisting the english police, atleast to find any similarities.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
interestingly Ipswich is almost surrounded by military bases, Colchester on one side for Brits and US bases running up through Suffolk (remember Rendlesham Forest...) I'm not speculating just pointing it out.

There's also only one road (the A14) across that estuary that splits the dumping grounds on the map (Orwell Bridge) is the only way across. That's had CCTV on it since earlier this year and based upon the location of vics the killer must certainly have crossed it a number of times. Hopefully that will help nail him.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... Other thread.

There were similiar prostitute killings in the Ipswich area between 1992 and 2002. 4 prostitutes and one student. Two bodies were never found. Three were found strangled, one in a ditch of water.

[edit on 12/12/06 by Yossarian]

[edit on 12/12/06 by Yossarian]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Why can't I edit my post?

Natalie Pearman, 16, a prostitute from Norwich, was found strangled in 1992. Her killer was never found. Mandy Duncan, 26, a prostitute from Ipswich, went missing in 1993. Her body was never found.

Sixth-form student Vicky Hall, 17, was murdered in 1999 in Felixstowe, Suffolk. A man was tried and acquitted for her murder. She was asphyxiated and her body found in a water filled ditch.

Kellie Pratt, 29, disappeared from the red light area of Norwich in 2000. Her body was never found.

Michelle Bettles, 22, was found strangled three days after disappearing from the red light district of Norwich in 2002.

news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
10 pounds he gets 9 kills before caught!

What do the experts say he has anyway, Psychopath who has reached his breaking point, A Depressed guy, Dillusional Guy?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

10 pounds he gets 9 kills before caught!

Pardon? Have a little more respect please, Betting on a killer is not even funny,

These are real people real women you are talking about,

Do not let me see anymore comments like that,

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I live in Ipswich & this is crazy....

The 1st 2 went missing around 5 weeks ago, so this has to a degree been on going.

The 3rd victim found at the weekend was not even known to be missing....

Someone mentioned that the killer seems to be increasing his kill rate with the media attention, this may be true.

The latest 2 victims were found late this afternoon. If as suspected one of these is Paula Clennel, she was last seen on late Saturda/early sunday morning.

This is well within the time that a major police murder investigation was under way & when a heavy police presence was in & around the red light small red light district of Ipswich.

Seems that he is bold in his ambitions to kill, of course although the number of prostitutes on the streets has reduced, there are still some who continue to work to feed their drug habit, despite the dangers.

Elohim2007

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join