It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lonely Universe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
There are alot more scientists subscribing to the possibility of a lonely universe these days. I wonder how that meshes with the beliefs of people who are convinced in the existence of the Greys and go through painstaking lengths to identify different markings on their faces and so on?

I dont look down on the true believers, and I enjoy reading these posts alot. But I am a total skeptic when it comes to evidence, in just about any area of life.

But I am curious how ufologists, reconcile their belief system to the view that is becoming more and more accepted that the distance between interstellar intelligent life , the speed of light , the inability to detect or recognize other civiliazations, the amount of time involved and the odds of any advanced civilization self destructing before it reaches the level of technology needed to acheive interstellar travel just make it impossible for contact to happen.

And then there are evolutionary biologists these days who are increasing more skeptical that multicelluar life is ubiquitious throughout the universe, that what happened on earth was just a freak of life. They concede that there may be unicellular life common everywhere, in bacteria form, but not the kind of complex organisms that we see here on earth.

And then there are more scientists today that are concluding that advanced intelligence like what we see exhibted by humans is not so adapative. That most animals and organisms do quite well without our kind of intelligence. And so intelligence may be very unlikely elsewhere.

Dont these skeptical theories at least get you to question whether your perceptions or beliefs maybe unsound if you are a person who is convinced that the aliens are among us?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Could you please post an article or more citing these said beliefs by "more scientists"? I would disagree with your statement that more and more scientists subscribe to the lonely universe theory. I believe the opposite actually. Seems every other documentary leans the other way, that its only a matter of time before we DO come in contact with Alien life. . .

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

That will give you the general gist of what I am saying. You have to be carefull about what documentaries you are watching. Most play up to sensational expectations of viewers, a documentary that advocates possible contact creates a stir.

At least though you are qualifying your position with the fact that we have not come into contact yet.

I think though the odds are great against ever.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Excuse me Robert S, but are you here as a disinforamtionalist? Ask our Scientists and Marine Biologists of 30 years ago what their theory is of the possibility of life in deep under water trenches growing from volcanicaly heated water. They would call you a nut and yet there is now mountainloads of video footage and scientific studdy which shows it to be true. Remember when the steam engine was created people were under the impression u would suffocate if you went too fast.

You just made $0.02 for nothing!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Sorry I have no posts but this info is common knowledge, yeah? If u want posts I can get em.

Light

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
How about the Disclosure project and all of its highly credible witnesses, who testify to having been involved in different kinds of projects regarding ET craft, etc. The Disclosure project combined with all the other efforts out there that have put forth credible information- cant be dismissed. Unless, at least a shred of evidence is found that they are ALL somehow liars and compromised in some way. The answer is logical...

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert S
en.wikipedia.org...

That will give you the general gist of what I am saying. You have to be carefull about what documentaries you are watching. Most play up to sensational expectations of viewers, a documentary that advocates possible contact creates a stir.

At least though you are qualifying your position with the fact that we have not come into contact yet.

I think though the odds are great against ever.

And no offense Robert, but your "source" is wikipedia?? You know that ANYBODY can create a wiki page, right? Please step to the plate with more proof of "more and more scientists" saying what you claim.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
[And no offense Robert, but your "source" is wikipedia?? You know that ANYBODY can create a wiki page, right? Please step to the plate with more proof of "more and more scientists" saying what you claim.

Firstly let me address the main issue of this thread.

The Drake Equation.

The Drake equation states that:

This equation is an actual break down of how many advanced Civilisations there are in our own galaxy.

This is the wikipedia link

The Drake Equation

Secondly, let me address the question on source and to correlate that Wikipedia is showing the correct info, this link is to seti's article on the Drake Equation.

Seti - Drake Equation

Take a looksee over at these slides: -

Astrobiology

I say there is definitely other intelligent life out there. Just we need to learn what look for.

We are currently working on a way to detect gravitational waves caused when black holes are formed or when they collide with each other.

A type III Alien Civilisation would have the power to produce a gravitational wave that could propagate a message outwards.

Time will tell.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

I think this is an interesting article as well. And you know if it is a conspiracy, and I am a part of the goverment forces trying to cover up the truth( or is it alien forces?), then you know SETI is in on the cover-up as well.

They have been searching the skies for a long time with no results. Why is that? Do the true believers ever question that? Ever wonder how many people who have to be disinformants to pull up the biggest cover up ever?

Maybe for all intents and purposes we ARE alone.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

I think this is an interesting article as well. And you know if it is a conspiracy, and I am a part of the government forces trying to cover up the truth ( or is it alien forces?), then you know SETI is in on the cover-up as well.

Think about it even if we were to detect alien life, there is absolutely no way we could communicate with them in our own lifetimes, due to the immense distances we are about.

So let me ask you this, why would Seti or any other scientific organisation hide it if they detected an alien Civ?

BTW - The BBC news article you pointed to is a tongue in cheek throwback to the hordes of people that think any anomaly in the sky is Alien in origins.

Not and I repeat NOT related to the existence of Alien life out there

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Neo Haze you know I was kidding about the cover up right?

I think you and I are actually very close in our position. Maybe you just read through what I wrote a bit too quickly.

Just for the record, considering the vast size of the universe, it must be impossible that somewhere, no doubt too far away to matter, there is not intelligent life. But it has no bearing on us in this corner of the galaxy, for all real purposes we are alone and always will be.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Robert S]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I think you and I are actually very close in our position. Maybe you just read through what I wrote a bit too quickly.

I don't think our position is close at all, I am trying to say that our Galaxy is teeming with life. Some intelligent, mostly not.

Remember, there are about 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone.

Just for the record, considering the vast size of the universe, it must be impossible that somewhere, no doubt too far away to matter, there is not intelligent life. But it has no bearing on us in this corner of the galaxy, for all real purposes we are alone and always will be.

At this time it is not feasible to communicate at a speed that would enable us to have a conversation with an alien Civ.... Even if we could talk each others language... or even know we were talking at all...

But, that may not always be the case, there are some very interesting developments in Quantum physics that may enable travelling great distances in ever shorter time frames.

Remember, it was unthinkable to people 150 years ago that you would be able to talk directly with someone on the opposite side of the world on something called a telephone...

The universe itself may not be as large as we once thought, since we have analysed the WMAP the most detailed map of the background microwave radiation, the universe may be like a multi dimensioned moebius strip.

Just because we are not able to detect life out there yet, does not mean we are alone.

I want to enthuse people to look for evidence of, not make them believe in no chance at all.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
But we are being lied to about the true nature of the universe and life in it. Infact, the universe is so full of life, simular to the amazon rainforest. There are many aliens living in our solar system. Mars is one of those planets who support life right now for example, and there are aliens living there. For example, the star called Sirius B has planets with intelligent life on it, reptilians and other types. Also almost no one is aware that earth is hollow, with an inner surface, much more advanced humans live on the inside, they are way more spiritualy developed then us. Woopedidoo

[edit on 12-12-2006 by InSaneTK]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I do hope that your post InSaneTK was an attempt at humor right????

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I just think it is amazing that the Unides States Government has to say, 'There are Aliens and what you call UFO's" before you will totally believe it.

I love it when I read you can believe these people because they are credible, (Dr's, police, Lawyers, etc) hmmmmmmmm well, there are a lot of them that are pretty crooked if you ask me. Why is it you consider these people credible and ordinary hard working no bodies like myself and other contactee's not credible.

First I would say if you guys want proof look in the opposite direction. Look down not up. Put the spy in the eye looking to the waters, since this is where they are, in the deepest of our waters. I have no doubt the Government knows this. In stead of sending out radio waves, send down low frequency wave lengths. I have written this for years maybe one day someone will do so.

Since I am no-body and not credible in your eyes it makes it much easier for me to write the things that are unbelievable and get it out there so you do know things, it doesn't matter because you will just look at me as being a little crazy and that's okay I guess.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
They still haven't reconciled the seemingly irreconcilable truths of general relativity and quantum mechanics. When that happens maybe there will be more advances made in understanding interstellar travel.

Emmanuel Swedenborg was a scientist of another era who spoke of something he called correspondences. A kind of extension of the Platonic idea of spiritual correspondences for everything physical. He said that the ancients had a better understanding of these correspondences than they did in his day, and ours.

I think the science that will crack the code, will be able to incorporate spirituality and science into a less control oriented paradigm and be one of working within the mechanics of the universe and not overcoming them.

As far as there being no answer to SETI and the seeming silence of whatever it is - half of us want to get out of here because we can't stand each other's company, why would they want to join in? At this point, anyway.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
They still haven't reconciled the seemingly irreconcilable truths of general relativity and quantum mechanics.

Umm.. Yep we have.

It's called LQG or Loop Quantum Gravity.

Check my other posts to get an in-depth view of what the implications are.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

Ram

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Maybe this is not a credible source either - but here is a link to the backyard. From the very top of secrets i think. So what is going on with the things you learn in schools and TV. That you learn your families and freinds teach you.

What is wrong with the picture?

Dr. Wolf

Either some people will get a hard time figure out what is going on, one day - when this will come out. And it is I guess.

strange it is.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Ram]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Give Robert a break! He is a newbie.

Robert, if you do a search you will find that not only are you not the first person to come forth with such info but most likely not even the 10th.

That's OK though, just use the tools provided on ATS and things will go swimmingly for you!

JST to make your adventure here more pleasant.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I just think it is amazing that the Unides States Government has to say, 'There are Aliens and what you call UFO's" before you will totally believe it.

Before they actually believe it?

It was said by the Presidential Press Secretary, and the President of the United States of America well over 50 years ago, and even with that disclosure people still do not believe. So, no. Even if the top world leaders say "there are aliens", peoples' opinions still do not permit them to acknowledge or recognize the truth, because it is not the truth they seek.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join