It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli PM claims that Israel has Nuclear Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert slipped in an interview that Israel is a Nuclear Power, just as USA, France and Russia.

news.bbc.co.uk
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert appears to have come close to admitting that his country has nuclear weapons.
Speaking on German TV, he said Israel did not threaten "any nation with annihilation" while Iran openly threatened to wipe Israel off the map.

"Can you say that this is the same level, when they [Iran] are aspiring to have nuclear weapons, as America, France, Israel, Russia?" he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is the first clear hint that Israeli policy towards nuclear weapons may change soon. But will they just aknowledge that they have them, or will we see a show force soon? Why say it out loud now, when everyone has more or less known it for decades?

And why hasn't CNN or FOX reported this?

Related News Links:
www.yle.fi

[edit on 12-12-2006 by northwolf]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Imo, this does not signal a use of nuclear force or constitute a threat whatsoever. Why "say it now"?...well it's going to have to be said sometime and I doubt it will be all at once.

Could these types of ‘slips’ concerning Israel’s nuclear arsenal be a prelude to a change in its’ policy?...perhaps or perhaps not. Imo, this was not an overt official admission; but that does not necessarily mean his inclusion of Israel as a nuclear power in his comments was not intentional.

Nuclear ambiguity has been Israel’s policy for decades and, in her eyes, served her well. But with previous regional examples and Iran’s current ambitions on the rise, this policy is exponentially becoming a political and regional liability…and a platform for justifications by others seeking nuclear weapons or disregard for the IAEA in the Middle East and Northern Africa.

Really, the only way to guarantee a future nuclear free Middle East, as often proposed, is to have Israel openly exposed and eventually submit completely to the IAEA. Statements from France or South Africa (whether official or leaked) could also serve and further lead Israel to expose her program and joint tests to the international community.

That said, Israel is under absolutely no obligation to disclose her nuclear weapons capacity nor is she under any other obligations to the IAEA other than those Israel has already agreed. The pressures for Israel to expose her nuclear weapons program will have to be greater than the pressures to keep nuclear ambiguity her current policy. This threshold may be becoming realized.

mg

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
He don't claims, he confirms what everyone knew since the 70s during the 73 war.

Germany, France, UK (not sure) and the US are guilty of providing nuclear material in order to produce nuclear weapons to another country, violating the NPT they putted there themselves... what a bunch of hypocrits.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
what a bunch of hypocrits.

Did I read your reply right? You don't believe that Israel should be provided with nuclear technology given the fact that they're surrounded by a bunch of fanatics that wish to see her not only not exist but annihilated?

I wouldn't give a damn if the entire world told me I couldn't sell or give Israel any weapon of choice. I'd give them two just to show them I could.

To hell with anyone who is against Israel and anyone can take that to the bank.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Did I read your reply right? You don't believe that Israel should be provided with nuclear technology given the fact that they're surrounded by a bunch of fanatics that wish to see her not only not exist but annihilated?

Israël IMO should be dismantled peacefully before a big genocide of arabs/jews happen when they both nukes each others. If you don't do that, then disarm Israël from their nukes, after all they won the 3 previous wars and they have the most powerful military in the ME by far, they don't have any threat against them, and not Iran, stop hyping the threat like CIA always do.

I wouldn't give a damn if the entire world told me I couldn't sell or give Israel any weapon of choice. I'd give them two just to show them I could.

To hell with anyone who is against Israel and anyone can take that to the bank.

So your basically saying that Israël is above everyone else? That a life of a zionist is worth more than a life of an iranian or a palestinian? SHAME ON YOU IF SO. That's exactly what led to the shoah.

And please don't tell me you support Israël because the bible says so or because the shoah happenned. First because it is stupid to believe blindly into a fiction book, and second because genocide happen to almost every people in the history at one time or another and they don't get a country on another's land who is not related to the crime because of that.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ok, confirmation from Israel that it is a nuclear weapons proliferator, so what happens now?

The following os rather interesting and perhaps should apply to Israel:

www.fas.org...

The basic nonproliferation provision affecting Pakistan is Section 101 of the Arms Export Control Act (an expanded version of what was formerly Section 669 of the FAA). This provision forbids aid to countries that acquire nuclear enrichment facilities that are not under the inspection and safeguards system of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The Carter Administration, in April 1979, invoked Section 669 and suspended aid to Pakistan after intelligence information confirmed that Pakistan was building a secret uranium enrichment facility.

I wonder if there will be any calls for the Billions of USD in "aid" to Israel to be halted? Is there anyone in the political arena brave enough to even bring this up or will it be political suicide to do so

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This makes me wonder if Israel considers the U.S. arsenal her own.
Thus, claiming Israel is a Nuclear power, by proxy.
Food for thought.

Lex

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

what a bunch of hypocrits.

Please direct me to where Israel has vehemently protested any nation outside the NNPT for possession, research or production of nuclear weapons.

THint: here are more than plenty of hypocrites…your assumptions included.

mg

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
They're doing it to intimidate Iran, that's why I think he said it.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

THint: here are more than plenty of hypocrites…your assumptions included.

I don't say Israël is hypocrit, I say the US and the europeans are hypocrits when they want Iran to respect the NPT when they are violating it themselves into supplying Israël with nuclear material in the goal to create nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

MK Eldad said that "If Olmert indeed meant to forgo Israel's policy of ambiguity there should be a clear message to the world from us – if you don't stop Iran, we will, at any price." (Attila Somfalvi)

www.ynetnews.com...

It appears Israel is waking up to the fact that the world will do nothing to protect it, just like last time.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I would hope they do the right thing and recall any Heavy Water that was given to Israel under the auspices of peaceful use for energy generating purposes. This was never their intentions to use it for peaceful purpose and the shipment should be recalled. Then and only then can sanctions be placed upon Iran. While Israel is not part of the NPT or does not subscribe to the IAEA rules and regulations, the usage of the Heavy Water does fall under rules where it was not supposed to be used for WMD manufacture, only for energy consumption. Their reactors still use the same heavy water and legally can and should be recalled.

While it wouldn't be calling for Israel to dismantle its Nuclear arsenal it would still keep them from futher producing any more weapons then they already have. Since no country would be able to supply them with heavy water necessary for the manufacture of Plutonium , they would perhaps be pushed into the idea of Light water plants instead, which could be a start to talks about dismantling.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I don't say Israël is hypocrit

Thank you for the clarification…and I agree there exist flagrant violators of the NNPT concerning Israel; perhaps this has been a leading contributor to a lengthy period of the current (and frankly in today’s world, ridiculous) policy of Israel. I can see the possible pressure not to expose everything to IAEA stemming from outside sources because of the complicity of other nations.

mg

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

So your basically saying that Israël is above everyone else? That a life of a zionist is worth more than a life of an iranian or a palestinian?

I am not the Creator of mankind and therefore I regard all life precious, but when one group of people seek the senseless destrution of another group of people because some homo-pedophile "prophet" said so several centuries ago, then I'll seek the justified destruction of the group of people that seeks to destroy another group of people out of pure hatred.

There's good and bad in all mankind. I'd quickly come to the defense of a humble Iranian than that of an arrogant Israeli.

new topics

top topics

join