It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas storm 2006 - here we go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ok I want to start off by saying thanks to all who frequent my threads. Sorry I haven't posted more often lately, but my photoshop isn't working correctly so I haven't been able to make my maps, so I am using a model map for one right now. This is the storm I was talking about on my last thread, Looks like it will come the week of Christmas. It has been on the models for over a week now, and looks as though it could be very strong. Will it be snow? Remains to be seen, although it does look as though there will be cold air coming down, which if this happens it is likely. As with all storms I will make adjustments as needed.
Here is the map... Post more tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
What is the date of this model? Any chance that big mass will move more North East in the following days? I hope it's snow.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well, I'd say that model is correct, atleas for my part of the
country, been having a nasty storm all day, thunder, lightning
heavy winds.

There's talk of bridge closures because of the wind.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
dude, come on...dont leave us hanging like this! is the east coast going to have a white christmas?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
in my part of the country we have been experiencing unusually warm weather, which here in colorado, being a native and speaking from experience, usually means that something big is coming.

conversely, a local weather guy that i actually think is mostly accurate, says that the chance of snow on the ground for christmas day here is probably only about 30 percent, and that all we can expect is pretty much a deep freeze. to compare, another newsman here is predicting mild temperatures through the new year, but he's also the same guy that teaches kids on weather patterns through dance at school assemblies.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
i am glad to hear this news...

what about any snowfall in yonkers new york???

your last prediction made me happy, but no snow fell in my area (it missed us as you said it would)...

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
this storm is for around the 20-22.... It does look like NYC and north could see some snow before Christmas, and possibly a nor easter. This one here is flipflopping between models... one takes the low through PA, then the next through ohio.... I am sticking with this one for now... I will post more later
Josh

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm hoping for a white Christmas!! I have to fly out of Logan to Vegas on the 26th though, so I hope not tooo much snow!

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Wow, I'm really hoping there's going to be some snow in time for christmas. The temps here in the northeast have been very mild throughout the past few months, and according to the 10 day forcast, there's no snow in sight. Hmmmm...
As a matter of fact, the days you predicted this snow storm for (20-22) the forecast is calling for rain showers and a high temp of 47.
Who knows though, you were right about the last snow storm in the Ohio valley and nobody else seemed to see it coming.
Please get back with some updates! I wanna see what we're in for.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Although it looks as if this storm as many others have passed me by I can hope to have a white Christmas anyway.
I live in Mpls and this will be my first brown Christmas since moving here 8 yrs ago.
BOO!!!!!

So in the off chance you have any good news for us here LOC let me know.

top topics

join