It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Warns China

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
Who are the americans to tell China or anyone else how to do business, why should China open its doors to american businesses, the Chinese want to protect their own interests, and they should tell the lying evil GW Bush to F*** Off

Maybe america should act in their own interest the way china is? Then we can hear everyone else have another excuse to belittle the US. China is going to get it handed to them as they should. The whole reason why the joined the WTO was to help other struggling economys in the world to modernize by being able to invest in them. Russia is also acting this way. Investing in america and europe but in turn not letting the US or EU invest much in them. We benefit other economys by letting them invest in us. But we expect it in return. Say what you want about the US but without us and our economny this world as we know it doesnt exist. Also, perhaps everyone would be speaking German had it not been for the help of the US?

[edit on 073131p://333 by semperfoo]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost
Why should China open it's market doors?

Becauuuuuuuse the US did open THEIR market to China?

You see, if everyone closes it's market, it will be protectionism like in the Victorian Era

You wonder Why Africa is dirtpoor? Protectionism

Pretty much all the economical unfairness is caused by protectionism on the planet

Why is it important that China liberalise their economy? Because they bound themselves to the WTO...

If you decide to get your membership at your local library, you will have to follow their rules
If you don't want the membership, Fine get the F*** off

It's the same for the WTO

The US pushed for china to be inthe WTO because they thought other struggling economys would be able to invest in a up and coming chinese economy. Resulting in modernization in the struggling economys. Its capitalism and if china expects the US to continue letting them invest in in them, then they better expect it in return.

China is looked at as a country who has yet to take on its responsablities as being a leader in the WTO which is why they were brought into the WTO in the first place. They are acting in the interest of there own instead of the world as a whole which hurts everyone else, but benefits them.

[edit on 083131p://333 by semperfoo]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Not in rural areas. They wouldn't be able to sutain their farms otherway. They enforce it almost everywhere else but I doubt the government's employees go in rural areas.

Yea I agree. Theres no telling how many chinese live in that country. China doesnt always keep track of things. Either that or they lie.

Another interesting thing. They want boys instead of girls. If a couple have a girl they are told to kill it in favor of a male child. That can be looked at in two ways. 1. Their goal is to have the largest homosexual population in the world. Or 2. They want to control the world with a largest military known to man. Which is backwards thinking as its technology that wins wars not how many boots you have on the ground. That worked in the middle ages. In the civilized world that doesnt work to well. Just look at the USSR. All about how many boots they could put on the ground. They constantly struggled keeping up technologically with the americans because the americans were a smaller force but had more money to spend on R&D. This is one reason why the USSR collapsed. They couldnt keep up with the US on the technological level.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
As John Titor said, what the chineses will do when they will have to marry? Because i'm pretty sure they want to have sex... that they are not all homosexuals... And that China want to expands.

And I think they want more boys for army and because of cultural values, the men is seen as superior to womens.

Where's there's a lot of girls? In North Korea, South Korea and Japan. Chineses haven't forgot what the Japaneses have done during WW2, they only wait to revenge. I'm pretty sure they'll try to invade Japan when the US is weak and that China is more strong than now. Then you'll see chinese raping japanese girls like the japaneses did during WW2 to chineses. History repeat itself.

Let's wait, we'll see what happens with this lack of womens... but it can't end well.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

As John Titor said, what the chineses will do when they will have to marry? Because i'm pretty sure they want to have sex... that they are not all homosexuals... And that China want to expands.

And I think they want more boys for army and because of cultural values, the men is seen as superior to womens.

Where's there's a lot of girls? In North Korea, South Korea and Japan. Chineses haven't forgot what the Japaneses have done during WW2, they only wait to revenge. I'm pretty sure they'll try to invade Japan when the US is weak and that China is more strong than now. Then you'll see chinese raping japanese girls like the japaneses did during WW2 to chineses. History repeat itself.

Let's wait, we'll see what happens with this lack of womens... but it can't end well.

Chinas military population hurts it in the long run though. This is not the middle ages. China is know where near to being a threat to america now and doesnt look like it is for the forseeable future. Japan would be up in arms in a hurry if china ever did such a thing. IMO china is going backwards no forwards. There country is basically the same way it was 800 years ago.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
India is part of South Asia, I'm not sure what countries actually
comprise South-East Asia, though, so I was more or less
playing it on the safe side and including India.

South-East Asian nations include all those in the Malay Archipelago (Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines,...) and all those in Indochina (Thailand, Laos, Vietnam,...)

Someone said that China would just steamroll into this region if they had the opportunity. I think that's not true. Countries here would probably ally themselves with China, rather than some Western Nation. Most ASEAN (the Association of South East Asian Nations) countries have a "look East" policy. We look to Japan, Korea and China for inspiration.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm the one that talked about steamrolling

I said Could and not Would, I fully agree that most southeast asia regions would line up with China (southeast asia not including India
)

At the same time I understand the chinese government to be slow in the liberalisation of the economy

They fear it will (and it is most probable) lead to a liberalisation of the State

It's a huge calculation they have here. If they do it too fast, maybe the state will collapse, and if they don't do it fast enough, the rest of the world is on their case AND their economic growth might slow down

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Why do you all always go into so much detail about things?

Isn't there a way to summarize what you guys are trying to say?

Sometimes I really don't feel like reading it all.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Because we are against generalisation

it can leads us to do mistakes, wich we don't want cause we're a bunch of perfectionists

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost
Because we are against generalisation

it can leads us to do mistakes, wich we don't want cause we're a bunch of perfectionists

That's true, and I apologize for misquoting "could" to 'would"

Big difference for just one letter.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

There is something that is different in today's world...a global market. China won't invade Japan because Japan's trade with China will cease and investments will too (Japan invests a lot in China surprisingly). The US and EU will also stop trade and investments if China thought that they can just go an invade places. So please stop your constant fear mongering. If it isn't about a conspiracy about globalists it is quoting kooks like John Titor and saying China may invade Japan due to no women.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
1. Because China is part of WTO, and have to follow the rules
that they agreed on to join.

Oh yeah, just like Bush followed the rules of the UN when he went to war in Iraq!!!

And why would China want to listen to a member of a crime family, the grandson of a convicted nazi-sympathizing traitor

www.serendipity.li...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You might be surprised to discover that the WTO has more power than the UN and that while some countries break the UN rules, they normally follow the WTO rules.

The WTO don't need any peackeepers, they are over that

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Heavyweight U.S. trade delegation doesn't get much from talks in China USA Today

According to Bernanke and Paulson in order for China to succeed, they should:

- Stop saving so much and create more debt.
- Buy more US treasuries and dollars, not gold.
- Stop investing in commodities and start investing in banks.
- Create a welfare state and become consumption pigs.
- Revalue the yuan to give the US a break on the trade gap.

The reality is China has 1 trillion in US Dollar reserves, begging dogs don't give the orders in Beijing, and parasitic debtor nations shall eventually collapse.

Economic train wreck coming...

China Has U.S. By The Purse Thomas Paine
Consumption Has Finally Caught Up With Us AlertNet

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A brilliant post regenmacher. As per usual.

You have voted Regenmacher for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

May you never lose your enthusiasm.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thanks Sofi, all this blantant economic disinfo gets me riled up. It's a reflection of why the US savings rate is at 1933 levels and why the dollar is declining, because the US consumer class is largely inept about financial matters and believes debt is wealth. This spendomania nanny state bureaucracy has done a great diservice to the American pioneers in raising a hordes of irresponsible, finger pointing, slacker debtors who expect the only tool the US needs is a military one in order to pillage anothers village. The hard lesson is coming.

Here's a good article that lays it out in easy to read laymen terms:
What does the U.S. really want from China? MSNBC

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join