It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What's going on here?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I accidentally shocked myself and noticed something (oh, and don't try this intentionally). If I hold onto the prongs with my right hand and insert the plug into the socket it hurts.....a whole lot. Muscles get tense, stings, needles and so forth. But if I do it with my left hand (same voltage, socket, etc.) It doesn't hurt at all, it almost feels good. I can feel it's potency but at the same time it doesn't hurt. I can move it up to my shoulder and back down useing will power. If someone touches me within about 5 seconds on that arm they get shocked.

Now obviously creating electricity is not possible. But does anyone have any ideas about how I could go about debunking this? or what it is? I also read an article about a man back in the Vietnam war who could do the same thing.




posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sounds like you should get that plug or wall socket fixed,not a good thing if you get electrocuted everytime you plug something in



posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
" SIMPLY MINDS ARE EASILY AMUSED"/ "CONFUSED"


Did your Mother have any children that were not born brain dead?

[edit on 12-12-2006 by The Dark Lord]



posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
heh sounds weird ...

you can shock people without touching a wall socket if you really think about .



posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The Dark Lord stop flaming or you will be reported, kido.



posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ok, let me get this straight, you are intentionally shocking yourself at this point???? Hellooooo I recomend you stop this experiment at once. k?
Electricity is a funny thing. kind of like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get, just know that one of them is going to be REAL nasty.

If you cant plug it in with out getting shocked, then stop wrapping your thumb around the prongs before you plug it in. THat or quit using what ever it is your trying to plug in, because its broke. Either way, stop this experiment at once....k?



posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is nothing remarkable. Thing about static electricity...it cna hold a "charge" on your body for like a period of 10-15 seconds. And the only source of its energy is friction and contact. Is the room you are doing this in carpeted? Your shocking sceanrio seems very likely if you plugf something in while containing static electricity.



posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This thread should probably be closed. Too many people here try to emulate other posters by trying things. This could get someone killed, or at the very least, injured.

The last thing ATS needs is some mother suing them because their 14 year old became disfigured because he thought that he could "control electricity".



posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
OK now, there are life lessons we learn as Toddlers. Like, don't touch the stove because it is hot. It took one of my kids ONCE being shocked to not do it again. I think she was 2

You might want to learn something from that



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join