It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second American Civil War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have recently read a book by Orson Scott Card entitled Empire which has brought up some interesting ideas about the future of the United States.

Right now the country is more divided than it has been since the Civil War, and it is not such a clear boundary as some may think. While it appears that the division is blue-state vs. red-state, it is in fact more of an urban vs. suburban/rural division, and the states divide into colors mainly based on how one overwhelms the other. While that may be a little bit off topic, I thought it may be important to add, because even though if a second Civil War were to occur, and may likely be divided between red and blue states, this may come into play.

But back to the main focus of this thread, do you think that, in order for our country to become reunited, that a second civil war is necessary, or that if it isn’t necessary is still an imminent threat? And to add to that, if there is another civil war, do you think that the country will come out of it a stronger democracy, along the lines of the after the first civil war, or will we come out of it like Rome, with, at first, the appearance of democracy but truly becomes an empire?

[edit on 11-12-2006 by unknown agent]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I disagree with your assessment that we are more divided now than since the civil war. Americans have always been politically motivated and passionate. Even before the civil war politics could get rather nasty. Think about the 60's and 70's there were very large divisions then yet we were able to get past them. Also to think that the divisions are by states is again a wrong assumption. Look at the political election maps broken down by county and you can see that there isn't a single state that is all blue.

www-personal.umich.edu...

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The only way I could see a civil war breaking out in the USA is if Mexico was to join the Union and number of Mexicans and Americans decided to use armed force in an attempted to prevent Mexico from joining the Union.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
The only way I could see a civil war breaking out in the USA is if Mexico was to join the Union and number of Mexicans and Americans decided to use armed force in an attempted to prevent Mexico from joining the Union.

You would probably see an uprising if they got rid of the 2nd amendment, probably if they got rid of any of the bill of rights. That really wouldnt be a civil war though but more of a revolution.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
as you can see in this population density map the areas of the blue states tend to have a higher population and tend to be more urban. this means that the states that are blue have a higher urban population, overriding the red portion of the state.

but really that is just part of my question. Really I am wondering how you think that the country will come out of a civil war, more democratic, or an empire, or an empire with the initial appearence of democracy?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown agent

but really that is just part of my question. Really I am wondering how you think that the country will come out of a civil war, more democratic, or an empire, or an empire with the initial appearence of democracy?

That pretty much depends on who wins the civil war. Woe to the conquered as they see. It would also depend on what the war was fought over as well

Ex

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It has always been my thinking that it wouldn't be a war or Urban /Suburban,More of a Rich /Poor scenario.
I think on reflection of Katrina , which brought it right in our faces.
That the rich of this country have been instilling into the offices of our system people that carry their cause
( Diebold.has yet to thoroughly checked for issues)
I think when the middle class disappears completely, the poor will be so disenfranchised,and the rich will have no backs to carry their arrogant tails on....

THEN...........
Someone will raise their arms in revolt

or
go watch some more TV and take their meds

ape

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
the only thing that will cause a civil war is if the north american union happens, regardless of political differences between democrat5s and republicans neither of them would stand to have our national identity stripped and our consititution rewritten.

a north american union would also devestate our economy and cause it to collaspe because of the civil unrest it would cause, investors would be pulling out and reinvesting in the euro because america would be massivley unstable.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by ape]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice. Think about the 60's and 70's there were very large divisions then yet we were able to get past them.

You think so? Those large divisions still exsist as evidenced by the last election.

I stand with EX on this one. When the poor get tired of seeing the elite pushing thier economic superiority in thier face.....remember the French Revolution..........off with their heads.........

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think if there is a second civil war the country will most likely not be reunited. I believe seperate nations would arise if there were another civil war. The United states is huge and its popultion is divided among the states. It would take a lot of work to reunite if there was another civil war.

ape

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
california is considered another country with sequoia national park along with the northern forests and the redwoods and rivers and lakes( best fishin the in the world ), not to the mention the northern emerald triangle ( shasta, trinity and humboldt county which is insane recreation. then u got southern california which is a whole different adventure and landscape. best part? the coastline, depending on what you like the coastline is sick for road trips but if want something more interesting aside from taking the 1 to the 101 you can take the 5 to the 20 and then link up with the 101, you get to see the massive lake that is 'clear lake'. if you want haardcore scenic you take the 299 or 36 from the 5 which is sweet depending on what you dig.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by ape]

[edit on 3-1-2007 by ape]

new topics

top topics

join