It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Hinckley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Has anybody heard anything about the ghost of the Hinckley Library (which is now the Historical Center)? Any info, even a small bit would help...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've never heard of the Hinckley Library, but I did a little research for you. There's not much, but maybe it'll help.

The legend goes that a young woman in a blue dress was often observed through a library window after hours when the building was locked tight. A man in a hat was also reportedly seen peering through the bars of the stairway when there were no men in the library. The stories were published in Haunted Ohio III and featured on News Channel 5.

Source (includes some history for the building itself).

Then, apparently cited from the aforementioned book:

The Hinckley Library in Hinckley was built in 1845 and belonged to Vernon Stouffer of the Stouffer food company. It became a public library in 1973 and stories of the place being haunted became well-known. The ghosts of a man and woman were seen on the stairs, a workman encountered a figure in the basement and others have felt and seen strange things like objects moving about on their own and various apparitions. The ghosts are believed to be those of Dr. Nelson Wilcox and his sister Rebecca, who lived in a cabin at the site before the house was built.

Source.

Why the curiosity?

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Wolvaurynphamir]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I live only a couple minutes from it, so my partner and I are thinking about planning a hunt if we get enough info. Anyway thanks for the help.

new topics

join