It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Sovereign????? Are you kidding me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I first heard this chick yesterday and I laughed my balls off.

Like rap isn't bad enough already without this freakshow. Do you even have to be from the 'hood to rap anymore? Where did she come from.......The Disney Channel or something?

Peace

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well, at least she's decent to look at..

blogs.newsok.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

www.blackmedina.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
music.download.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I don't know a whole lot about her music. I have heard maybe a tune or two from her. She's not too bad, in my opinion. Or am I just saying that because she's eye candy?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
c'mon guys not even to look at!!!!!!
it's just terrible, i really dislike that kinda music, it's too artificial

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Amen brother. She sucks big time. She is completely devoid of any talent whatsoever. She isn't even good to look at. I see better acts at the local dive bar. God help us all if that is the future of the music biz.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Perhaps you'd prefer this

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Perhaps you'd prefer this

I'd hit it.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Yeah she is pretty rubbish, but she don't look to bad (sometimes)

But for some reason she's doing good in the States, as she didn't do much over here.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
But for some reason she's doing good in the States, as she didn't do much over here.

Here in the states, appearance goes a long way. You may not be able to sing a lick, but if you look good, you are treated like royalty. :shk: Not only that, but in this day abd age, people are real bad judges of talent. Many of the singers today, wouldn't have stood a snow balls chance in hell, 40-50 years ago. No way.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wreeeetchhhh!!!!
Lady Soveriegn is absolute crap.

Man are the labels lost and grasping at any hairbrained idea that they dream up drunk at 2:00AM after leaving some trendy bar, trying to get closer to the 'source', the 'pulse' of fresh music.

Here's an idea. Hire musicians as A&R not attorneys and executives who haven't been outside in the real world for the last 20 years and can't even work their email without paying some kid 25,000 a year.

I mean if any other industry ran their business like the music industry, people making these decisions would be fired in days not in quarter century timespans.

She is prefabricated, contrived, trite, sputum of the music industry right now.

I think over at our office people were talking about her maybe for half a day, and now everyone is "lady soveriegn? Sounds familiar. Wasn't that a brand of butter a few years ago?"

She is now on tour with Gwen Stefani in some moronic deal done by their respective handlers. Gwen Stefani has lost all of her credability in the last year due largely to her 'new artistic direction' and her awful albun she just crapped out a few months back. THe one that is doing crappy in sales right now. The one that has lost 50% of her fanbase and No Doubt fans. SHe has gone the way of FAKE like Jewel did. Jewel ain't making a comeback, and the only future for Gwen is to give up- go home, hit reboot and start over again in the industry with a new sound that is actually respectable, or end up being like GASP Madonna's sorry excuse for a celebrity. GO steal another african baby madonna, real classy. Does she belch while running off with the kid all while doing her horrible english accent she thinks she's fooling the world with?

THe point is that Lady Soveriegn is backing Gwen on tour trying to get into her 'questionable demographics', and now it's obvious what both are about. SELLING OUT and being ingenuine, manufactured, only there to make a quick buck. Thats why she sucks has no talent and has crummy record sales. She isn't doing as good in the US as she and her handelers want us to believe.

Here are the latest sales figures for Lady Soveriegn according to Soundscan:
'05 Lady Sovereign-'9 To 5' 167 albums sold.
'05 Lady Sovereign-'Vertically Challanged' 40,309 albums sold.
'06 Lady Sovereign-' Public Warning' 318,131 albums sold total including digital downloads. Only 91,756 of those albums physically sold as a CD.
'07 Lady Soveriegn-'Love Me or Hate Me'- after 7 weeks of sale it's not even on the top 200. Dropped off after week 3 from the charts. 209,941 albums sold digital & CD with 7 units being returned to the distributer this past week for lack of sales. Her sales are down -11% this week and it aint gunna get any better. Lady Sovereign will be lucky if she even goes Gold by RIAA standards. There are some Jazz albums doing better in the charts than her!

So, no, she's not doing so great in America, it's all just hype created by here handlers.

Oh Yeah, and she sucks and not even when asked nicely.

Lady Sovereign!! :bash: Bad!! Go babysit some kids somewhere and eat a crumpet cause you suck!

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This chick is pure garbage. She looks like she just got out of the Mickey Mouse club or something. Her raps are garbage and she isnt even hot...Its horrible that people this untalented can even get somewhere in the game..

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You are right the Record Industry IS a sham. THe artists aren't real. Most aren't even playing their own instruments on the album nor singing. Most never write any of the songs, except partially. It's all some Label Executives pet Record Producers writting, and even they suck. But guess what we're going to have to keep listining to PURE CRAP until the same 4 douchebags aren't hired by every label to write and produce their 'Talent.' If you are wondering why every album sounds the same look up these guys. Tom Lord-Alge, Chris Lord-Alge, Jack Joseph Puig, and Ron Fair. These arrogant idiots are the ones working extra hard to make music suck again, and all for easy profits.

My .02 cents.

top topics

join