It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASAs moon base

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
NASA says they want to build a base on the moon so they can use it as a launch pad to fly to Mars. It makes sense......if you want to hide something from the public.

Look at the ENORMOUS fuel tank strapped to the space shuttle. That's just enough fuel to get the shuttle into orbit around the Earth. Imagine how much fuel it would take to fly to Mars. Sure, once you get going in space you could probably coast most of the way there, but you'll still need more fuel.

I think they wanna build their "launch pad" on the moon because they are going to be using "craft" they don't want the public to see. If we're flying to Mars, I doubt we're using a liquid fuel rocket engine for the trip. I think they are going to be using alien technology for the trip. What better way to hide THAT from the public than to launch the craft from the moon?!

Does that make sense to anybody else?

And I heard (I can't remember if I read it somewhere or saw it in a documentary) that our astronauts were actually "scared" or "threatened" off the surface of the moon by aliens. Why are we suddenly allowed to go back....and set up camp no less?! What kind of relations has our government been having with them to suddenly allow something that was forbidden back in the day? It certainly isn't because we've "matured" as a species.

And yes.....I believe we actually landed on the moon. But I also believe that the landing was faked. Let me explain myself. Yes, I believe we landed on the moon, but I believe they filmed a FAKE landing to show the public in order to "hide" what they actually found up there. Alien bases on the dark side of the moon.

-Mr.Chipps

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Look at the ENORMOUS fuel tank strapped to the space shuttle. That's just enough fuel to get the shuttle into orbit around the Earth.

The reason it takes so much fuel for the shuttle to get into orbit is because it has to push through all that pesky gravity.

Launching from the moon requires far less thrust and is actually a more efficient launching point than anywhere on earth.

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I KNEW someone was going to say that. All the fuel is needed to escape Earths gravity. I know that. But still.....they're going to be hiding something up there from us.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What if the US military has a base on the moon that NASA does not know about?

Whats puzzling me is, if (as according to Bob Lazar, John Lear, etc) the US secret government really does have NINE saucers, then surely they must have been to the moon and back many times by now?

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Good point Monkey. I agree with you about the saucers. As for the military having a base up there already WITHOUT NASA knowing about.....I'm not so sure. But anything's possible.

[edit on 11-12-2006 by MrChipps]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Most certainly the military/NASA would be able to carry out a lot of projects on the Moon that would never work on the Earth. Just think of the isolation. The Nevada desert is a pitiful hiding place compared to the Moon. Most likely they'll have an above ground base where they do boring rocket stuff for the benefit of prying telescopes, and then build underground bases where they do all kinds of fascinating things.

It'll probably become a conspiracy hotspot and might get its own forum on ATS.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hey chipps,

Well no offense but isn't that the most logical reason.

Don't get me wrong, I too toy (on and off) with the fake moon conspiracy.

I've been working on a theory for a long time, but don't talk about it much for lack of proof...of course, but it is along what you mentioned in your original post.

Basically, the apollo launches were live, everything up until the rocket broke atmosphere was broadcast live, then they switched to the "staged" capsule with our american heroes in them and of course the landing themselves were staged.

Yes we went to the moon but not with the crews we know about and nothing of the actual moon landings was ever broadcast.

My feeling is that you don't send pilots and aviators on a mission like that, considering there really wasn't much piloting actually involved.

You send specifically trained special forces on a mission that goes to the most inhospitible, mysterious and dangerous place man has ever gone.

This is just a theory....not barely skunkworks worthy and not something I am even convinced of, just a thought I wrangle around now and again

As for using the moon to hide things from the general public, it seems to me that most global governments are very good at hiding things from us right here on earth.

I actual believe for the most part that the main reason for the base is simply for ease of launch.

None of the moon anomoly photos have never been awe inspiring to me and consequently so are all the second and third hand accounts of what the astronaughts may or may not have seen.

IMO of course.

SPiderj

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrChipps ...

And I heard (I can't remember if I read it somewhere or saw it in a documentary) that our astronauts were actually "scared" or "threatened" off the surface of the moon by aliens. Why are we suddenly allowed to go back....and set up camp no less?! What kind of relations has our government been having with them to suddenly allow something that was forbidden back in the day? It certainly isn't because we've "matured" as a species.

It could simply be that the various missions we ran to the moon, over the course of the numerous missions we sent, completed what they set out to do, and that the financial returns on further exploration at that time were not deemed to be of sufficient value. However, now ... We are finding ourselves in need of the various possible natural resources that we know, or believe are out there.

Originally posted by MrChipps
And yes.....I believe we actually landed on the moon. But I also believe that the landing was faked. Let me explain myself. Yes, I believe we landed on the moon, but I believe they filmed a FAKE landing to show the public in order to "hide" what they actually found up there. Alien bases on the dark side of the moon.
-Mr.Chipps

MrChipps, this line of thought has been pretty much discounted and disproven to all but the most hardened conspiracy buffs. At any rate, until strong evidence is found of what you are suggesting, that is all it is ... a belief on your part.

And before you jump down my throat, I'd really like to believe in the alien bases on the dark side of the moon, and that there are really "camps", etc. etc. on the Moon, Mars, and wherever else. In fact, I'd like to really find out that our governments have intercourse (of various types and styles) with alien culture. They may be, but once again, we keep coming back to people chopping on evidence to the contrary, with wild-eyed abandon, who are unable to provide evidence or proof that these various things are happening, other than to say, "this is my belief".

So ... Please don't be offended, but the items you are hearking on don't get me to excited. Now ... Had you said, "I believe in aliens on the moon, because ..." and proceeded to provide some conjecture or evidence that allows you to form such a belief, then I guess I'd be all eyes and ears.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Good reply Spider. You're making me think a bit more.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sigung, you pointed out a few items which could definitely use some more background checking. But that's why I'm here. To find out what other peoples beliefs are on the topic, and I thank you for your input.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrChipps
Good reply Spider. You're making me think a bit more.

Oh dear, I do apologize for that...never my intention to actually make someone think

Well here's some food for thought:

If there is a base on the moon and NASA is complicit how would they shuttle people back and forth using modern day technology (not alien tech).

Well the shuttle has a maximum cargo capacity of 63,500 pounds it can take into orbit. So could it be feasible that the shuttle could hold in it's bay a much smaller craft (say a nifty two seater), that requires far less fuel (since it wont have to break orbit) that can then be launched from the shuttle bay from earth orbit to moon base zero or whatever they would call it.

If the secret moon base exits and is well supplied then it's possible again that the craft would only need enough fuel to get to the base, refueled at base and then ferry workers/mibs/whathaveyou back to the shuttle and then home to earth with no one the wiser.

I'm totally just riffing off the top of my head and don't have the evidence to back up this statement and quite frankly don't know if I believe it my self, just a theory.

Spiderj

Whoops almost forgot:
www.spaceflight.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sounds possible. It also sounds possible that the different space contractors of the world could be sending up parts to assemble an entirely new craft up in space. Either at the space station or on the surface of the moon.

Who knows? That's why I'm addicted to ATS, you can discuss any kind of theory you can dream up. Do I have proof for ANYTHING I say on ATS? No. But it's a place to share and gather information on a common interest with people I'd otherwise never get a chance to interact with.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Who knows? That's why I'm addicted to ATS, you can discuss any kind of theory you can dream up. Do I have proof for ANYTHING I say on ATS? No. But it's a place to share and gather information on a common interest with people I'd otherwise never get a chance to interact with.

yep, I couldn't agree more.

As for the ISS and building much bigger craft in orbit, that sounds fairly logical to me...I mean if you're building just a massive, massive, exploration vessel, you'd almost have to build it in orbit or it'd never get off the ground.

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hi, I'd just like to add my two pence worth to the current post.

If NASA is to construct a base on the moon, one has to take in to consideration other aspects of 'conspiracy' topics.

One such topic which springs to mind is the alien aspect of the situation. We are already aware our governments are in contact with aliens and are doing buisness with alien lifeforms [Grenada Treaty]. So to what degree do you think aliens are involved. After all this is/may be a territorial issue. No doubt this is a big step for the human species but can you see the bigger picture and what it entails?#

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I agree with the above statement, ATS is a really great place to share opinions to tie knots together and to share open statements about conspiracies to other people that want them. You dont really need proof of what you say you just need to say something and then tell the other person what you think. I love ATS because all of the NWO conspiracies and other stuff that you can say here too.

Anyways

On topic:
I agree with the above posts

And before you jump down my throat, I'd really like to believe in the alien bases on the dark side of the moon, and that there are really "camps", etc. etc. on the Moon, Mars, and wherever else. In fact, I'd like to really find out that our governments have intercourse (of various types and styles) with alien culture. They may be, but once again, we keep coming back to people chopping on evidence to the contrary, with wild-eyed abandon, who are unable to provide evidence or proof that these various things are happening, other than to say, "this is my belief".

I agree. All these claims that people make about moon bases on the other side of the moon are laughable. If it were to get in the news you'd think that some of this would have been gotten on the television. They would say something like "unidentified flying object found on the far side of the moon." but they dont say that because this is all disinformation (they want to make you think that this stuff is really there).

But I have a question? I agree. Why couldnt this just be more straight forward out? Why does everything have to be pinpointed at the americans, and what if our government already has a secret base on there without nasa knowing about it?

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My opinion...

i think they are talking to go to the moon again because India and china are saying they want to go there!, i imagine a scenario where some one goes to the moon and see there a USA base,,then NASA will say something like,,hoo this is new...we build it some weeks ago!, ...so that's the need for them to start saying this now!

i also belive they went at the moon, but the official pictures was staged. in 1969 when they start to broadcast the official images, in the first 6-8 minuts all the world was seeing the same footage...exept Australia!after that time they corrected the problem! how hod can this be?

more,,,who can in fact assure to us that they never had been there again after that time!?, i think nobody can!, it's not so dificult at all to lauch secret missions!

A good link to read about all the possible evidences of a moon landing hoax:

Wikki hoax exemples

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The Billy Meier video documentary (the video link is in the Aliens & UFOs thread) talks about Meier taking trips out to Mars and beyond in the 70's with his alien contacts and actually photographing U.S. satellites and space stations already in orbit around Mars.

If NASA (or whoever) were able to launch from the moon, they could do it without anyone knowing the frequency or types of launches being conducted. It would be *all together now* "A matter of national security" to let that sensitive information out.

(An aside: I will be dead by then, but if I were alive, or if I were to reincarnate, I would LOVE - LOVE - to see the day when we aren't taken advantage of, manipulated, exploited, or lied to by our own social servants under the bull**it guise of "national security". I'm tired of our government pleading the Fifth Amendment when either their criminal complicity is suggested, or when profound revelations pertaining to the human race are concerned.)

When we DO find U.S. hardware either crashed on Mars or orbiting that planet (or the moon, or any other planet) then our government could say that those objects are all part of our ongoing program, etc.; that they were launched under such-and-such program.

I'm also curious what sort of security and military will be placed on the moon, and what sort of oversight committees will be present to ensure the fair, equitable, "humane" (just in case our government was hoping for the omission of that word) and legal treatment of the employees and citizens.

Although, as evidence of our worldwide CIA torture prisons can attest, whatever horrible criminal acts our government can accomplish a couple of thousand miles away could feasibly be multiplied several times with the moon being 250,000 miles away (a little over 8 days' travel). There really would be no one to hear you scream.

Can you have habeas corpus on the moon? Would the moon be in a constant military or police state? Could people be shot for disobeying orders - whatever those orders may be? Would a moon court exist? I really wonder about oversight.

I'm sure someone's already set up protocols that are in line with U.S., world and God's law (that our military and government can recognize and treat with the same reverence with which they currently treat them...ok, I mean someone's probably put together a PR package that we'll nod agreeably to, then they'll land, toss that out, and get to "business as usual"...Who am I kidding...?).

Would someone be allowed off the moon if their employer (NASA, the military, or government) felt they were a possible security risk? How would that person contact their family? Would cell phones reach the moon (hahaha)?

If someone felt threatened, would they be allowed off the moon? Who would know if they weren't allowed off? An accident could be staged (paranoia in spaaaace)...Do families of individuals travelling to the moon need to be aware that their loved one could die of a "moon accident"?

There will probably be a lot of those. "Uh, yeah, Mrs. 'such-and-such', your husband had a terrible moon accident. That's right, his 'space thingy' busted. Really sorry. Sope, it'll probably be a while before you get his body...after it's gone through an extensive 'de-mooning'. We have to do that, you know. Check for alien viruses and parasites. We'll have to debrief the corpse; make sure he's not 'mostly' dead. Probably some more time as it travels several light years through bureaucratic red tape. I'd say all said and done, everything should be wrapped up and you can see your husband in a year or so." This has to be a somewhat accurate picture of what would actually happen.

I can tell you that any communications between the moon and Earth, between anyone, will be monitored. I just wonder, at what point does our government stop saying everything that isn't on Sesame Street, or on Regis and Kelly is a matter of national security?

Will the U.S. lay claim to the entire moon? Do other countries have to get President Bush's, or the next president's permission before they're allowed to land on the moon and set up a base? Is the moon ours now? Would that be right? Should the United States control this galaxy? Should we colonize alien planets and take their land and put American flags in it? Will this aggressive, entitled behavior extend to every planet we can reach?

I told you these were random thoughts...I'm not happy with our governments' virtual control of and exploitation of this planet, and further frustrated that this same government will be leading the charge into space...

BUT, as long as they are able to restrain themselves from turning our hopeful future into a galactic atrocity I just might be comfortable with our advancement to the moon.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
OnTheDeck, wonderful reply. You raise so many questions, many of which we really can't answer. I can't stand the way our government thinks. "We built a base on the moon first, therefore the moon belongs to us."

It would certainly be an amazing experience to work on the moon, but like you said.....you could die in a moon "accident" and no one would know what really happened.

I'd imagine it would be a very stressful place to be employed. You'd probably be walking on egg shells the whole time, eventually being afraid to make a mistake or say the wrong thing. Could get you killed. Like you said. No one will hear your cries.

Excellent reply OnTheDeck.

[edit on 11-12-2006 by MrChipps]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
MrChipps, this line of thought has been pretty much discounted and disproven to all but the most hardened conspiracy buffs. At any rate, until strong evidence is found of what you are suggesting, that is all it is ... a belief on your part.

I love this line of thought
Disproven? I think you mean "debunked," which is actually meaningless. All "debunking" is is trying to come up with some explanation, ANY explanation, that makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside. Debunking is anything BUT fact. Debunking is nothing but a really bad guessing game and none of it should be taken seriously.

Nothing is disproven. If it was disproven, it wouldn't be an issue. A lot of people think the moon landing was faked. What classifies as "disproving" it? A dot from an orbiter from the Apollo landing site? Who says it's the Apollo craft? Who says it isn't a moon base or another craft we sent to the moon to fake the picture? Until you personally go to the moon and touch the remains of the Apollo missions, nothing is disproven.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwingingMonkey
Whats puzzling me is, if (as according to Bob Lazar, John Lear, etc) ....

Now that you mention it, I wonder where John is??

I know that he has been logging in here, but he has not posted recently.

last post was "11/25/2006 at 11:48 AM"

Not that I agree with what he says, but some of it was interesting, and thought provoking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join