It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking NEWS: Olmert Admits Israel possesses nuclear weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, lifting the veil over Israel's policy of nuclear ambiguity, appeared in an interview broadcast on Monday to admit that the Jewish state had atomic weapons.

It was not clear from his comments, made during an interview with a German television station and broadcast on Israel's Channel 10, whether his remarks were a slip of the tongue or were intended to revise Israeli policy on the nuclear issue.

Washington Post

What most of us already knew has finally been confirmed.
Only one question keeps bugging my mind, what is the reason to announce it now?

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You dont announce the poses of nuclear weapons, without a purpose or.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Wasnt that a polichinelle secret?

I mean... pretty much every military power in the middle east considered Israel has nuclear weapons

Like the article says, we're unsure as to wheter it was a slip of the tongue or a real annoncement

But if I had to guess... Maybe Force demonstration with Iran?

Like remembering everyone in the middle east that they HAVE those weapons

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
No specific purpose is intended, but Israel has always refused to admit it possesses nuclear weapons, but now it has been confirmed.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This isn't breaking news. Everyone has already known that Israel has nukes.

Hopefully they're announcing it to get the Islamofascist scum to stop bashing them. I hope they nuke the General Assembly, seeing as it passes resolutions with intent to harm Israel about once a week.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hey just tough about something...

Everyone remember Dr. Strangelove's How I Stop Worrying and Love the bomb?

The analogy I'd like to make here is... What good is a deterrent weapon if the rest of the world doesn't know you have it...

Wich leads me to ask why did it take so long to the israelis to admit possessing such weapons

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
In other news, Barry Bonds just admitted to taking steroids, OJ Simpson shocks the world by saying he really killed his wife, and Elton John might be gay.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is because Robert Gates recently talked about Israel's nuclear capability. They just confirmed it

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
This isn't breaking news. Everyone has already known that Israel has nukes.

Hopefully they're announcing it to get the Islamofascist scum to stop bashing them. I hope they nuke the General Assembly, seeing as it passes resolutions with intent to harm Israel about once a week.

So israels plan to stop the "islamfascist scum", as you so delicately put it, is to tell them something they already know.

As for nuking the General Assembly, why bother, israel ignores the resolutions anyway.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Isnt this just going to give IRAN more credability to create them?
After all, a nation threatned, is a nation who should be able to prepare its defenses.

Why o why, can I jsut see various news articles in the future saying

'' coming immediaetly after isreal admitted to nuclear weapons....... '''

new topics

top topics

join