It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammed Atta's friend in the CIA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Those of you who've looked at Mad Cow Morning News before will know that it's run by someone who's really prepared to check out things ignored by the mainstream press. On the site you can find a video interview with Mohammed Atta's American girlfriend - how about that? And she consistently said that MA used to hang out with a German guy called Wolfgang. In fact, when he was living in Florida, attending a flight shool in Venice, Atta seemed to have spent more time with Germans than he did with his co-religionists.

Now the latest from Mad Cow is that Wolfgang may have been working for the CIA.

Wolfgang Bohringer, the German pilot who was one of Mohamed Atta’s closest associates in Florida as well as the subject of an FBI terror alert in the South Pacific, was apprehended two weeks ago and taken into custody, but then was almost immediately released after he told authorities responsible for his capture that he works for the CIA.

...Bohringer fled tiny Fanning Island after a story in the MadCowMorningNews headlined "Close Associate of Mohamed Atta Surfaces in South Pacific" drew attention to his suspicious intention to open, on an island with no electricity and barely a hundred inhabitants, more than a thousand miles from a city of any size, a flight school to train pilots to fly only DC3's.

The story makes very interesting reading. I would really recommend people take a good look around the site, containing as it does much information and witness testimony unavailable elsewhere.

There's also this story from TVNZ which lays out some interesting details...

Kiribati President Anote Tong says there are serious communication problems on the island and Bohringer was going to help out.

"We have an old airfield that needs redoing and part of the proposal is he would do it, he would provide air services," Tong says.

But for local residents like Corbett, who spent months with Bohringer, things did not add up.

"One particular night he laid out seven passports on the table. I recall one being from Ireland, from the Bahamas, one from Grenada, India, the US, Germany and one other one," Corbett says.

Then there was the cash and lots of it.

"I would offer to go shopping for him," says Corbett. "He would always give me a $100 bill. Once it was seven $100 bills and they were always crisp and neat."

But the alarm bells really started ringing when Bohringer told islanders he was in contact with Mohammed Atta, the architect of September 11.

The pair mixed frequently as Bohringer had owned a flight school beside the airfield where the 9/11 hijackers trained.

Interesting, huh?

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is a bump, a naked and blatant attempt to puff a story that I think is quite important, establishing beyond doubt a link between Mohammed Atta and the CIA.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
More directly related to Atta himself:

According to Army reserve Lieutenant-Colonel Anthony Shaffer, a top secret Pentagon project code-named Able Danger had identified Atta and three other 9/11 hijackers as members of an al-Qaida cell more than a year before the attacks.

Able Danger was an 18-month highly classified operation tasked, according to Shaffer, with “developing targeting information for al-Qaida on a global scale”, and used data-mining techniques to look for “patterns, associations, and linkages”. He said he himself had first encountered the names of the four hijackers in mid-2000.

Source

Another article on the same set of events:

When members of Able Danger made their presentation at command headquarters at MacDill Air Force Base, Weldon said, the legal team "put stickies on the faces of Mohammed Atta on the chart," to reinforce that he was off-limits.

"They said, "You can't talk to Atta because he's here on a green card,"' Weldon said.

Had SOCom shared the information with the FBI, Weldon said, 9/11 might not have happened.

"The outcome would have been seriously affected."

Source

This now in addition to the information that one of his closest friends was an agent for the CIA.

Consider the odds of the above. And then consider the following warnings:

Warnings from leaders of other nations and foreign intelligence apparatus' of terrorist threats

June 30, 2001 Senior Executive Intelligence Briefing (SEIB) entitled "bin Laden Threats Are Real"

The threat of President Bush's assassination at the G-8 Summit by al Qaeda in July of 2001 – using aircraft to dive bomb the summit building

July 2001 Phoenix memo, which told of potential terrorists taking flight lessons

52 FAA warnings – five of which mentioned al Qaeda's training for hijacking

August 6, 2001 Presidential Daily Brief entitled "bin Laden Determined to Strike in US"

National Intelligence Estimate (NIE)entitled "Islamist Extremists Learn to Fly"

Intelligence agency heads describing themselves with their "hair on fire" to characterize the imminent nature of the threats they were intercepting from Al Qaeda and their sense of urgency in relating them to the Bush Administration

The arrest of Zacharias Moussaoui in August of 2001

FBI Agent Harry Samit's 70 unsuccessful attempts to get a FISA Warrant to examine Moussaoui's belongings

Source

And on the last point,

(CBS/AP) The FBI agent who arrested Zacarias Moussaoui in August 2001 accused headquarters of criminal negligence for its refusal to investigate Moussaoui aggressively after his arrest, according to court testimony Monday.

Source

Moussaoui had already been arrested for immigration violations, and high-ranking FBI officials refused 70 requests for a warrant, despite all of the warnings being received across all of our intelligence agencies, and Harry Samit saying this guy was suspicious and taking flight lessons. The FBI refused to allow further investigation of the man's intent until after 9/11, after the attacks were a done deal.

I'm not familiar with all of the ties, but there are tons of them, between the CIA and ISI and military and intelligence organizations in US, the flight school in Florida, and the Taliban, and the common link is not just the relations to the hijackers.

It was fairly common knowledge, back before 9/11, that the Taliban was spawned from CIA and ISI involvement in Afghanistan during the Cold War. I was taught this in my world history classes in high school, but in this context it suddenly becomes disputed as information has to be reconciled to maintain a non-threatening world view to many individuals.

The CIA funds the ISI, which is the intelligence agency of Pakistan, which in turn funds the Taliban in Afghanistan. We know this and yet the CIA continues to support the ISI! They share information!

Iraq had no real connections to Bin Laden or "al Qaeda" and yet we bombed the HELL out of Iraq, and continue to do so. But you don't hear much about the Taliban or the war in Afghanistan anymore, do you? Only Iraq!

Illogical, isn't it? It is when you're looking at it from the point of view that the CIA wants terrorist cells to be destroyed, to have their funds cut off, etc., when in reality there is little evidence of that, save empty promises of increased domestic security and all of that crap, not far off from Hitler's conquest of Europe to protect the Germans from Communism. It all stops when the threat ceases to exist. The threat needs to be there for such conquests to continue in this era. It's a form of control over masses of citizens that would otherwise revolt, realizing they have no real power themselves, and are only providing it for their nation's elite.

The guys at the top want terrorists over there. And if there are none, or if they're not being hostile enough, our own military and intelligence factions are willing to generate a threat and get us riled up as a nation, so that increasingly powerful, globalist interests can do as they see fit. Pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining, proverbially.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The Wolfgang Bohringer story is very interesting and has given great credibility to Hopsicker and Amanda Keller (Atta's former girlfriend). She spoke about Bohringer in her interview with Hopsicker a number of years ago, and now, independently, other news organizations have reported that the residents of Fanning Island, where Bohringer had been living, said he bragged about being friends with Atta.

Now, the CIA thing is a bit more tricky. The only source on that—or about him being captured and released—is from Hopsicker, so there's no way to confirm anything independently, which I always like to do before trusting anything.

This story is potentially huge. But not many people are discussing it.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
This story is potentially huge. But not many people are discussing it.

Funny that, huh?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
One thing the CIA never do is make valuble information safe for the public to view, only information about what has happened and that is what happened with 9/11 only info for safe public viewing was aloud for ALL news and documentry. And for example the NSA, MDIA and MI5 now know a rough idea of the location of Osama Bin Ladins body of cause not speculating that his is dead im not aloud to release that sort of information to the public or civilians. \

Classified as top secret an a need to know basis.

Special Agent
MDIA
AU/US

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm about to break what has been hitherto an iron rule.

I have NEVER before criticised anyone for spelling or grammar, no matter how tempting it may have been. And, trust me, it has been extremely tempting in the past.

But I have to say that I would think that someone who is actually privy to the kind of information you claim to be able to access... would have a higher degree of literacy than you display.

EDIT: I just took a look at the only thread you've posted thus far and I now feel confident in saying you're just trying to have a laugh... but have neither the knowledge or the wit to be genuinely funny.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by rich23]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
Now, the CIA thing is a bit more tricky. The only source on that—or about him being captured and released—is from Hopsicker, so there's no way to confirm anything independently, which I always like to do before trusting anything.

Ummm... well, I've just found this article which seems to independently confirm Hopsicker's story.

Yet, in November, 2006, Hopsicker's career turned a corner. Sources connected to the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) told the Megaphone that his work began to be used to track Atta's former associates. A researcher close to JTTF, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the Megaphone that the "JTTF relied heavily on Daniel's research on Atta and Amanda [Keller]. I faxed them pages from [Hopsicker's book] Welcome to Terrorland."

It looks like Bohringer was right. The day after the arrest, The Megaphone's JTTF sources did an about-face. With a mix of threats and attempts at persuasion, they claimed that an error had been made: Bohringer had not been arrested. It was someone else. They couldn't say who. That identity was secret.

This would seem to be two sources, one in New York and one in (see the article for details) "Venice bumf*** Florida". The details differ slightly, and we don't have any evidence on whether the "terror alert" for Bohringer is still on. If it isn't, then one has to wonder why not, and and about the identity of the person arrested.

I think the expression "the plot thickens" is just about warranted.

new topics

top topics

join