It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Remembering Dream Specifics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I had a dream the other night where I had written a song with one of my favorite female singers (Regina Spektor). The song was, from what I can remember really catchy and had some outstanding lyrics.

I woke up and my subconscious promplty ate up the specifics of the dream and I am left knowing that in my mind some where is a pleasing melody of my own invention.

I would love to know if anyone has any ideas on how to bring these specific thoughts 'to life'. Or if anyone knows how to 'trick' subconscious into dreaming of Spektor again --hoping that this will trigger the song to show itself.

Thank you for help with an odd request.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The best thing I can tell you is for you to just kind of keep this on your mind during the day. If you do have any luck recalling the specifics, it will probably be brought about by something you don't expect (unless somebody has better ideas), that "takes you back" for a moment recalling a small part of the dream. Just try to catch these chances as they come... (It's a subconcious thing, so who knows how to create these chances) It may hit you while your walking down the street, or while you are flipping through the TV channels, or when ever.

It's not the type of thing you can just meditate on, I don't think.. But you could try that. Just seems like its too late for meditating on it to do any good.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
It's not the type of thing you can just meditate on, I don't think.. But you could try that. Just seems like its too late for meditating on it to do any good.

Thank you for your input. I figure that since it is within my subconscious that I should be able to 'bring it to the surface' through recolection and meditation.

Oh well, we shall see what happens. Thank you again.

join