It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today a girl told me that I was going to hell.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
If they didn't accept the salvation provided by the blood of Jesus they will not spend eternity with God.

And that includes the babies

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well, considering that we are "born into sin," yes, it would,Raso.. Of course, since I don't believe in "hell," it's rather a moot point for me.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

If they didn't accept the salvation provided by the blood of Jesus they will not spend eternity with God.

I wish I had all the right answers for you, unfortunately I don't. What does the bible say about it?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
Whilst Ghandi will go to hell. So if this is all true, I hope to see Ghandi there. Oh, and Douglas Adams

[edit on 12/16/2006 by kinglizard]

Nah, they didn't.

Jeffrey Dahmer, Myra Hindley and a plethora of other psychopaths did though...

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Nah, they didn't.

Wow, God must be really merciful to those that believe. I guess he really meant it when he said that ALL sins will be washed clean if you accept the salvation provided by the blood of Jesus....

[edit on 12/16/2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Way to go God!!!

Screw that heathen Ghandi!!!! What good did he do the world anyway. It's not like he made the world a better place for mankind or anything.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Nah, they didn't.

Wow, God must be really merciful to those that believe. I guess he really meant it when he said that ALL sins will be washed clean if you accept the salvation provide by the blood of Jesus....

Or maybe she is a reformed psychopath herself...

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Way to go God!!!

Screw that heathen Ghandi!!!! What good did he do the world anyway. It's not like he made the world a better place for mankind or anything.

Why are you attributing to God what man says God will do? God will do as he wishes... He is not confined to the interpretations or judgments of man.. Ghandi was a good man who tried to make the world a better place.. Right? So, even if there was/ is a "hell," do you really think God will confine him to it?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Unfortunately you cannot find salvation through good works....though sometimes I wish you could.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Or maybe she is a reformed psychopath herself...

I agree it may be unfair to assign God a sex though I (and most people) do it often...after all we were created in his image.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Unfortunately you cannot find salvation through good works....though sometimes I wish you could.

Ahem...Kinglizard, I am going to criticize a belief that many Christians have..

Many Christians think that good works mean nothing because, at least in my view, they want to believe that as long as they are washed in the "blood" :shk: of Christ they can do whatever they want and it will be okay.. Umm, I hate to tell anyone who believes that... uh, it just isn't the case..

Faith without works is no good

[edit on 16-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Many Christians think that good works mean nothing because, at least in my view, they want to believe that as long as they are washed in the "blood" :shk: of Christ they can do whatever they want and it will be okay.. Umm, I hate to tell anyone who believes that... uh, it just isn't the case..

God knows the TRUE hearts of men so most definitely if you are trying to abuse the system he will know.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

God knows the TRUE hearts of men so most definitely if you are trying to abuse the system he will know.

Okay,then you may concede then that any "judgment" that God may put on a man will be based upon his heart. Am I correct?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Okay,then you may concede then that any "judgment" that God may put on a man will be based upon his heart. Am I correct?

What I'm saying is if a man thinks that he can go through the motions of accepting Jesus Christ and the salvation he promises ONLY to allow himself to commit more sins then God will know.

If you accept salvation through Jesus with a true heart your sins will be washed clean.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The point of "faith without works" is that someone cannot simply declare themselves a follower of Christ. True followers will display good works. Their actions and behaviors will demonstrate that they are true believers. In the same vein, someone is not truly saved unless they experience a change in character marked by a change in emotions/feelings, thoughts, and behaviors which coincide with goodness/kindness/gentleness (towards all aspects of life): LOVE as defined in 1 Corinthians 13.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I wish I had all the right answers for you, unfortunately I don't. What does the bible say about it?

One can not always turn to the bible for answers to questions that require rational thought. In fact, I would go as far as to say that quoting from the bible does not count as thought at all.

Wouldn't you rather use the incredible gift of your mind and learned wisdom to help you decide for yourself what you feel on a subject?

I may be nieve in my age, but determing how I feel on moral issues (not just how I live my life but the thoughts which I have on a subject) based entirley on what a book seems rather depressing.

One of the things which humans are graced with is the ability of complex and abstract thought; the ability to think for ourselves.

But if we must go the route of the bible, I believe the bible has this to say:

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life…He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God” (John 3:16).

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame” (Hebrews 6:3-6).

Not knowing Jesus means, according to the bible, that you will find yourself 'not in his presense' in the afterlife. Since a child can not know God as they do not have the mental capacity to do so, it should seem clear where the bible stands on this.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines
One can not always turn to the bible for answers to questions that require rational thought.

One can ALLWAYS turn to the Bible. It’s Gods word, for that reason it is the most RATIONAL place to find Gods direction.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that quoting from the bible does not count as thought at all.

Glad I’m not worried too about what you say or think.

You see I worry about what God says and thinks. It’s his THOUGHT, his WILL that matters here, not mans.

Humble yourself....

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

One can ALLWAYS turn to the Bible. It’s Gods word, for that reason it is the most RATIONAL place to find Gods direction.

[...]

Humble yourself....

Humble myself to a book that has been edited, if not written, by the hands of men? I do not see the benefit of allowing a book to interpret what you feel on a moral issue.

Now, I wish I could say "If it works for you then more power to you". But I can not. I can not simply because people allowing a book, this book, to dictate their moral views has spawned an exhorbanent amount of hatred towards others.

Oh, and before I get jumped on because of this: This is not a statement directed at all peoples who follow the bible. I realize that not all who follow the bible hate others because of it (like yourself lizard, you do not fall into the following). Thank you.

But back to what I was saying: Basing moral judgement soley on what a book has to say on the matter has spawned hatred and murder.

I realize that the book does not say, well not all the time, that hatered and murder should be the action taken against those whom it finds morally repugnant. But, people have used, and continue to use, the bible as a means to justify those acts.

Their grotesque acts should not be attributed to the bible, like I said it does not always recomend hatred and murder, but to often people use the argument you have given above to justify their acts.

And one more time so nobody jumps down my throat: I am not saying all christians do or support this. I am saying that some justify their actions using the same rational given above...that the bible says it is alright. It is their perverted interpretation of the book and not the book itself (not all the time at least).

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Humble myself to a book that has been edited, if not written, by the hands of men?

Yes, now you’re getting it.

to dictate their moral views has spawned an exhorbanent amount of hatred towards others.

Hate can be found in the hearts of men not in the true words of God.

I realize that not all who follow the bible hate others because of it (like yourself lizard, you do not fall into the following). Thank you.

How am I hating others?

You are welcome.

But back to what I was saying: Basing moral judgement soley on what a book has to say on the matter has spawned hatred and murder.

How am I expressing morality by deferring to the Bible?

But, people have used, and continue to use, the bible as a means to justify those acts.

Yes, I agree and those people are not following the word of God and do not speak for those that follow his word.

Please tell me how I’m passing negative “moral judgements” by wanting to know what God told his children?

Man oh man do you get worked up. You should go back and reread my words and this thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Is this it, is this the hate I was spewing in this thread?

No, as I said a few posts back man should not be condemning man to death or hell. God will judge all men.

A person can find salvation in Jesus Christ, all sins are washed away. I believe a person has the term of their life to find and accept this salvation. If I were to condemn you to hell for a sin when you were twenty and you found Jesus when you were 21 then it is I that sinned. Worse yet, if I sentenced you to death for a sin then I would be taking away your God given right to find salvation in his son and to have all sins washed away.

So no, I don’t believe in condemning anyone though it may be important to tell the person that he could spend eternity without God (hell) if (s)he doesn’t find salvation.

I think your attack on me is based on your own anger and frustrations.

[edit on 12/17/2006 by kinglizard]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join