It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Boys Urinate on Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
perception.

What if i would find it offensive that someone would eat an apple? yeah im sure you would think that it's rediculous to be offended by someone that eats an apple right? well it's no different then pissing on a book in a sense, what if the bible was considered a bad thing then no one would be offended by this.

Think for your self.......

It's all an illusion anyways... there are just invented concepts and don't let the concepts affect your perception.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You know what, if some Christian or New Ager,or Hindu or whatever pissed on the Koran...There would be more hell than anyone can even imagine.. Hell, the Pope can't even quote a comment that someone else said centuries ago without the Muslims reacting with violence.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don't know if it was addressed, but the Bible is supposed to be read by Muslims. Whether it is considered a holy book, I do not know. If it is, though, then it would be reasonable for the boys to be expelled.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
speakeroftruth, you're joking right?

No one is to blame here, christians are no better then muslims and muslims are no better then christians.

The better group of them all is HUMANS......

why can't people understand this.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dynasoar
I don't know if it was addressed, but the Bible is supposed to be read by Muslims. Whether it is considered a holy book, I do not know. If it is, though, then it would be reasonable for the boys to be expelled.

Actually, the Muslims, at least to my knowledge, do adhere to aspects of the Old Testament...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
As a Judeau-Christian, I have a copy of the Qur'an amongst my other Holy Scriptures. All three are of the Abrahamic Faiths which means that they all share the same G-d.(I don't use the 'o' to show my respect to G-d, and to show that I recognise all His Holy names).

Anyway, I have found in none of these scriptures where one is taught to hate another. In fact the same message is throughout, 'TOLERANCE and LOVE and MERCY.'

Those young muslims, like many others who are ignorant of another's religion are taught to hate, but not by the word of G-d.

It pains me to see Jews, Muslims and Christians turning their hate on one another. The suffering down to intolerance needs to be stopped. The attacks on one another through ignorance isn't following the teachings of the Most High. I am referring to the extremists in all these sects of the Abrahamic Faiths.

True followers of G-d, who worship in the Abrahamic Faiths will recognise their kindredship and refuse to shed blood, or show hatred.

The extremists I find have a distorted view in connection of the Abrahamic Faiths and use this view to fuel hatred, which perpetuates more hatred and violence.

Those young men could have been taught hatred from a peer, or they were attacked themselves through ignorance and therefore were lashing out not fully aware that the Bible is just as much a part of Muslim heritage, as the Qur'an is a part of mine.

I hate people being persecuted on the basis of religious intolerance and their should be a law against it globally. It shouldn't be allowed.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You're correct Speakeroftruth, Muslims believe the Old Testament of the Bible to be a Holy book, but they also believe that Christians have diluted it, and ruined it, so the average Muslim would deny the signifigance of the Bible, to my knowledge.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Rachel, you are absolutely right.
However, in a world where everyone wants to be right, it'll never happen completely..

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The only true right there is, is this.

Don't let anything bother you.

Live and let live.

follow that path and you can't go wrong.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I hearby pass a religous decree declaring holy war against islam. I call for all muslims to convert or face death....

seriously, it's going to take more than pissing on the bible to anger christians.

What I find funny is that muslims believe Jesus Christ was a prophet. So they have just urinated on the testimony of one of their own prophets.

When your enemy rejects love and compassion, turn the other cheek and only show them more love and compassion

And this is why it proves these kids (7-10 years old) where ignorant and stupid. I actually don't think they should have been expelled, I mean they are children and it goes to show someone has not educated them enough.. more of a cry for help if you ask me.

The reason they where expelled though I don't think was fear of the media, but because it was a stupid ignorant act.. in a school of Muslims especially children no one would have heard about this story, but because moderate self respecting informed Muslims view Jews, Christians and Muslims as the Peoples of the Book - Bible, which is half Torah which alot of stories from the Torah and New Testement are used in the Koran.

And, I lost my spell checker so sorry.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
And this is why it proves these kids (7-10 years old) where ignorant and stupid.

Actually, it's year 7-10 of school. In other words, 7th to 10th graders. Teenagers. Just a clarification.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well,I am certainly not going to sit here and say that all Muslims are bad or that all Christians are bad because they are not. However, being someone that is spiritual rather than religious,I have a little different perspective than most...

When I hear stories such as the one quoted in the original post, it makes me cringe in disgust even more at the thought of "organized" religion.. Look, what we are seeing, whether we choose to admit or not, is the battle between two religions that...well, let's just say that both are seeking world dominion...over the rest of us... and they are fighting. To me, it's disgraceful,disgusting and incomprehensible...

These two young "men," if I dare call them such, obviously have no respect for any other belief system other than their own. Hell, they'd label me a "heretic," as would many present day "Christians" because I don't come close to believing what they do.

[edit on 11-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's hatefully ironic. For example, I'm not a Muslim, but I would never descrate the Qu'ran. Why? Because Christians, Jews, and Muslims all worship the same God.

As far as punishment, I believe their punishment was just, but there should be a little more. In Pakistan, thieves have their hand cut off. These boys should have the offending member cut off as well. This would most likely discourage further similar episodes.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I cannot believe anyone even cares about this ?, maybe the 2 boys did a google search with the keys words "priest child abuse charges"
. I would to after reading the result for that search

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Being that I have lived my entire life in Melbourne, I can be reasonably correct when I say that this kind of behavior is not entirely uncommon. Australia is known as the multicultural nation, and therefore we have an enormous variety of race and religion. With this comes different beliefs, and occasionally, these beliefs clash. Going through high school, I myself have seen the desecration of a bible first hand. I have also witnessed racial hatred towards nearly every other race. However, I can truly say that 95% of the time, Australians, of any race get along in harmony. Take my group of school friends for example. 2 white Australians, 3 Indian, 1 Sri Lankan, 2 Asian and a guy from Africa. We have grown up with multiculturalism as the norm, and most people don't see race as a distinguishing difference. We have not been brought up with racial hatred like in other countries.

I believe what these kids did was wrong, but only because this is what they have been taught to believe and are too ignorant to keep it to themselves. Being citicens of Australia, they should respect the beliefs of all races. I think their treatment was justified and hopefully they will learn that these kinds of acts do very little to affect the majority of us.

Generally things like this go unnoticed and ignored, and the offenders just look like idiots in the public eye. However this time the media has grab a hold of it and as usual are trying to cash in on an issue that we just couldn't care less about. I bet most of us are thinking "So what..."

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Toasty]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think this is perfectly acceptable. It's only religion which in my opinion is a waste of time and effort. Religion has caused more problems on this planet than just about anything else. Let's move onto more important things like feeding the hungry & educating the uneducated. Caring about religion gets us nowhere.

brill

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Rockpuck
And this is why it proves these kids (7-10 years old) where ignorant and stupid.

Actually, it's year 7-10 of school. In other words, 7th to 10th graders. Teenagers. Just a clarification.

Ah, I did not catch the language, the article said teenager then said 7-10 which I took as their age.. No wonder I was confused as to why Australians consider 7 year olds teenagers lol.

Doesn't change my opinion much however. Being older I do think they should be expelled for that kind of behavior, had they been 7 or 10 no, but 16ish they should know right from wrong.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Dispicable is what it is. Perhaps they should take them out behind the woodshed and cain them.

For urinating on a book? Come on now. Now if it was a Chevy truck I could understand a good caining!

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
bah, let them piss on their books, dont let it get to you
i dont think their education should suffer for something as stupid as this
although i do wonder what it is they are being taught...............

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Player, I just wonder if you'd feel the same,assuming you are from America, if they had urinated on the constitution... or some other "precious" secular document such as that..

Really...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join