It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Boys Urinate on Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
In Melbourne, two muslim boys from an Islamic school were expelled for desecrating a Bible. They urinated on it, tore pages from it, and set it on fire. A third boy was also involved in the desecration, but was not expelled.

TWO Muslim students have been expelled from an Islamic school in Melbourne for urinating and spitting on a Bible and setting it on fire.
:
The Bible desecration took place last week at a school camp held near Bacchus Marsh, about 50km west of Melbourne, attended by 33 teenage Muslim boys ranging in age from Year7 to Year 10.
www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

In fairness, the school did take steps to publicly address the incident, but I wonder how much of it was due to fear as opposed to a sense of right and wrong. This incident is especially troubling because it was committed during the Christmas season.

My main question is: where did these boys learn such hatred?

Ex

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I was also shocked by this article......

Mr Doutie said the school had tried to contact the parents of the expelled boys to find out why they had desecrated the Bible. But he said the school had not received a response.

I would seriously like to know
what Muslims DO teach their children in private
about the entire world situation from extremists
to Christianity and their role as moderate Muslims!

What is a moderate Muslim anyway???

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

In fairness, the school did take steps to publicly address the incident, but I wonder how much of it was due to fear as opposed to a sense of right and wrong.

Why would being afraid make them publicise this ? Fear of who ?
I personally don't think anybody had to make anything public as such, just handle the situation by contacting parents, punishing the boys etc ... That's what normally happens when kids misbehave in school.
This really is deplorable behaviour though and I am glad the Principal has takent he actions he has

The explosive incident has forced the East Preston Islamic College to call in a senior imam to tell its 650 Muslim students that the Bible and Christianity must be respected.

But the media of course, isn't that where everyone is getting their hatred for each other these days ?

[edit on 11-12-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

I am sure alot do talk to their children about what is going on Ex, just like anyone else would.

A moderate muslim would be one who is not an extremist/fanatic/islamofascist etc ... ie: one who practices islam as it should be and live within their society as one should ... regardless of race and religion.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Dispicable is what it is. Perhaps they should take them out behind the woodshed and cain them.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I hearby pass a religous decree declaring holy war against islam. I call for all muslims to convert or face death....

seriously, it's going to take more than pissing on the bible to anger christians.

What I find funny is that muslims believe Jesus Christ was a prophet. So they have just urinated on the testimony of one of their own prophets.

When your enemy rejects love and compassion, turn the other cheek and only show them more love and compassion

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Dispicable is what it is. Perhaps they should take them out behind the woodshed and cain them.

can I get one of them sexy australian girls to take me to the woodshed and cane me? I promise not to enjoy it too much

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
video.google.com...

Theres more where that came from.

Read: While Europe Slept

The same thing will happen here sooner or later.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
video.google.com...

Theres more where that came from.

Read: While Europe Slept

The same thing will happen here sooner or later.

How about you comment on the actual topic and leave the generalizations and hate propoganda on an entire race of people at the door.
We deny ignorance here

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

See? Someone asked.

Neither of those sources make blanket statements about a people. That would be stupid and counter productive. MEMRI has too much to lose to be so stupid.

While Europe Slept is a great book. Written by someone who lived there and saw it all rise up. Right to the French riots.

C'mon. Whos stupid enough to run around shouting "all Muslims are evil?" or "all homos have AIDS?" or "all white people are millionaires?"

Dont be stupid. Or self righteous and pompous.

[edit on 11-12-2006 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Mr Doutie said the school had tried to contact the parents of the expelled boys to find out why they had desecrated the Bible. But he said the school had not received a response.

So where the heck are the parents? How can they not acknowledge the school calling about a negative behavioral issue? Don't they HAVE to discuss this with the school?

I'd like to know if the parents taking steps to insure that this vile behavior doesn't happen again, or are they congratulating them and patting them on the back and rewarding them?

Side note - I don't see Christians around the planet rioting and murdering people in the streets due to the bible, and the Christian religion, being desecrated.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Probably from the same place the Americans at Guantanamo learned the hatred that cased them to desecrate the Quran.

I'm sure you've seen the hatred here on ATS aimed at Muslims. Certainly those people's children hear what they have to say. Why would it be any different in Muslim households? I'm sure there are many Muslim parents who rail against the Christians and their children learn to hate.

There is so much hatred in the name of religion in the world today that it's easy for me to see why desecrating a religious book seems the most appropriate action to many.

How do you injure and weaken the 'enemy'? Hit 'em where it hurts, while expending the least amount of energy.

FBI Backs Newsweek Story

Koran Flushing

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Where did they learn such hatred?

Look, that is all these people are fed,day in and day out... They are taught to hate those who do not believe as they do... I have said it before and I will say it again and again and again.. The three major religions of the world, Judaism, Christianity and Islam have no respect for anyone who believes differently than they do. They don't..They don't.. They don't.

Islam has always had ill feelings towards Christianity. Just like it has always had ill feelings toward Judaism or Hinduism or even Buddhism for that matter... Everyone that believes differentlly than they do are "infidels"
in their opinion. Just like "Christians" view anyone that has different beliefs as "satanists" or "pagans."

[edit on 11-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
seriously, it's going to take more than pissing on the bible to anger christians.

First time in history I agree with you! Even though I am Christian, I really don't care about a few children pissing on a Bible. Israeli children throw rocks and eggs on bypassing Palestinian children on their way to school. That's what I find more disturbing than kids pissing on a Bible.

After all, you don't need a piece of paper and a church to believe.

Remember how many people died in Lebanon last summer? Remember this picture? There will always be hate, on both sides.

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

See? Someone asked.

And THAT'S the answer ? riiiiiiiiiight smh.

Neither of those sources make blanket statements about a people.

Well you are by providing that load of rubbish as an answer to what any moderate Muslim person could possibly be teaching their child.

While Europe Slept is a great book. Written by someone who lived there and saw it all rise up. Right to the French riots.

Ok cool. A possible senario as to where Melbourne and the like could end up just like France did. I'll check it out.

C'mon. Whos stupid enough to run around shouting "all Muslims are evil?" or "all homos have AIDS?" or "all white people are millionaires?"

Ummm Who exactly did this ?

Dont be stupid. Or self righteous and pompous.

I am really not trying to be anything and don't appreciate your insults.
I don't see how anything you're saying, or the video you linked in your response, has anything to do with the boys who urinated on the bible, as the article has reported.

Moderate muslims do not condone that kind of behaviour, just like you, and the fact that you would insinuate that they do is ignorant.

Xphiles you brought up a good point, which was addressed in the article. I shall just quote that here

"We regard the desecration of the Bible in a very serious light and therefore we have taken serious action against the offenders.

"The Bible is an important book both for non-Muslims and Muslims and should be treated as a holy book by all religions."

So yes you are right and these young boys, who were described by their principal as "ignorant" and "illiterate", were just doing what they thought was "cool" or whatever young kids think about doing stupid things.

Mr Doutie said he did not believe that the boys realised the significance of their act.

I don't know them but I'd say he made a safe assumption there.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
In my opinion 80% of Muslims show hatred towards westerners, but they still come to our countrys(uk).
It is the parents fault they have this hatred because it is how they get brought up unfortunatly.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So we're to just sit here and ASSume it about ALL Muslims right? Even a percentage we feel is safe to assess ?

geeeze

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

In fairness, the school did take steps to publicly address the incident, but I wonder how much of it was due to fear as opposed to a sense of right and wrong.

Why would being afraid make them publicise this ? Fear of who ?
I personally don't think anybody had to make anything public as such, just handle the situation by contacting parents, punishing the boys etc ... That's what normally happens when kids misbehave in school.
This really is deplorable behaviour though and I am glad the Principal has takent he actions he has

The explosive incident has forced the East Preston Islamic College to call in a senior imam to tell its 650 Muslim students that the Bible and Christianity must be respected.

But the media of course, isn't that where everyone is getting their hatred for each other these days ?

For fear of offending them.
In the UK people of other ethnic origins(Muslim) have been complaining because we have been putting Christmas trees up in our work places.
On British airway flights your not even aloud to wear a cross anymore, yet Muslims can wear there headscarfs and such.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

First time in history I agree with you! Even though I am Christian, I really don't care about a few children pissing on a Bible. Israeli children throw rocks and eggs on bypassing Palestinian children on their way to school. That's what I find more disturbing than kids pissing on a Bible.

After all, you don't need a piece of paper and a church to believe.

Well, there is a first time for everything, lol.

the bible gives guidance, it isnt God.

I think we should invoke the spirit of christ that really angers our enemies.... forgiveness, love, and compassion.

I am glad there are those that will defend christianity though.

if these boys were illiterate, then someone should teach them to read the book they pissed on.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK

For fear of offending them.
In the UK people of other ethnic origins(Muslim) have been complaining because we have been putting Christmas trees up in our work places.
On British airway flights your not even aloud to wear a cross anymore, yet Muslims can wear there headscarfs and such.

wow I didn't know that (re: British Airways banning crucifixes) That's just unbelievable.

I asked who could they possibly be afraid of because I am from that area and failed, and still fail, to see how it would offend anybody. It was a ludicrous thing to do.

I will get some more information of course before I say it's safe to assume that most of the Muslim community from that area would be just as disgusted by this incident.

These days you never know what you think you know anymore though.
I am not there currently but I can find out what the community is feeling and saying and I will keep an eye on any developments to this story.
Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join