It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10% of all Britons 'opt to live abroad'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hi there,

Note to mods: I thought I would post this in new world order forum though not sure if it should be here.

A staggering 10% of Britons now opt to live abroad. Surely this is the beginning of a rising trend to move away from the British isles?

5.5m Britons 'opt to live abroad'

Almost one in 10 British citizens is living overseas, according to a study of people coming in and out of the UK.

Studies by the Institute for Public Policy Research, published on the BBC News website, indicate that at least 5.5m British-born people live abroad.

Figures suggest the rate of departure has been so great that population falls are only masked by immigration.

Source: BBC News

I too plan to leave the uk behind when I retire, I own a house in the Philippines.

I would like to highlight and quote "Figures suggest the rate of departure has been so great that population falls are only masked by immigration."

So what is actually happening is the 10% that are leaving are being replaced by immigrants....

How long before the entire population of the UK will be replaced?? Who decides what people will come into the country???

Here is a map of the chosen destinations of the British

The actual data breaks down as follows: -

I wonder what has motivated the trend to begin to rise again??

Perhaps it's the overall feeling of being less free here in UK than we once were??

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
hate to say, but you will be as free in the U.K. as anywhere else.
The same government you may be running from is everywhere...after all it is the NWO.

Seriously, leaving one country to the next, change of scenery, but things will be the same...so make the best of where your at...unless you hate the weather.
Now that is one thing I know about why Brits leave (and IRish), they go to spain as they are tired of the rain and want sunshine. '

Peace

Dalen

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
Seriously, leaving one country to the next, change of scenery, but things will be the same...so make the best of where your at...unless you hate the weather

I think if you were to leave England and go to any of the developed countries I would totally agree with you.

But my place is situated 10 mins from the beach on the north coast of Mindanao. Totally free, some would say too much freedom.

The community there is totally self sufficient, barter and time share is just as prolific as any monetary/trade system.... Though hard Pesos works better

People have less, but they are happy and share what they have... Not something I have experienced very often here in London...

unless you hate the weather

LoL

I had a discussion with one of the students recently about how they thought it was the miserable British weather that made the English such dry characters. He said that the people from Hong Kong (a Chinese student I might add) were very loud talkers because of the population per square foot in HK is massive and you have to SHOUT to be heard.

Maybe there is some truth in what he said.

Anyway,

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think that it is far more important to know why the British choose to live abroad than to know how many choose to do so.

It has not be so long ago that the sun never set on the British Empire. The mark of British culture, for better or worse, is found on every continent.

We live in a global economy and the language of that economy is English, albeit, American English, more often than not, but it is not hard to understand why the British would feel at home almost anywhere.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
hate to say, but you will be as free in the U.K. as anywhere else.
The same government you may be running from is everywhere...after all it is the NWO.

Seriously, leaving one country to the next, change of scenery, but things will be the same...so make the best of where your at...unless you hate the weather.
Now that is one thing I know about why Brits leave (and IRish), they go to spain as they are tired of the rain and want sunshine. '

Peace

Dalen

What tunnel vision you have on this subject Dalen! I suggest you take a hard look at some of the reasons why native u.k. residents have relocated to other nations and I am sure the weather in the u.k. is not a primary factor.
Take your pick from this list of other possibilities.
High taxation. Spiraling property prices. High fuel costs including automotive fuels, natural gas and electricity. Insane Council Tax increases annually. High prices for tobacco, cigarettes, alchohol and holiday accommodation. Uncontrolled immigration, diminished freedom of speech,
inflation, low wages in certain trades and professions and we must not forget our crowded motorways and road networks and our changeable British weather as the icing on this cake of discontent. I am sure many more reasons could be added by others but bear in mind if someone is generally discontent by their very nature they will carry this baggage with them where ever in the world they care to settle. I wish our ex pat's all the best in their relocation where ever they are in the world.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
You have voted anglosaxon for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

This is so true!!!! It's is almost surreal to hear it all in one post.

BTW - A Global business can be run from anywhere in the world thanks to the net. So I can live in a free society and earn big Money without a govt expecting to take the majority cut.....

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

top topics

join