It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Knight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
A few days ago many here were caught up with someone who claimed to describe an event known as the "Dark Knight" by ATS USER Dark Knight. This thread was about an end of the world prophecy and a warning to us to get prepared for it. Unfortunately, I cant find the thread anymore and I think it got deleted.

Anyways, this thread went on for pages until it was closed by the mods at the request of the original poster that started the thread (Dark Knight). I just want to say this guy is a pure fraud. This is not a personal attack as I am trying to stay within the terms of service. I am just speaking the truth. Here is how the mods can personally verify this...

He claims he sent a u2u to one of the mods on this site. He claimed that he offered that mod a chance to come visit his home and get the scoop on his prohecy of the "dark knight." But one thing that was interesting was that of all the bright people here on ATS, no one even bothered to ask him which mod he sent a u2u to. So really which mod did he send a u2u in which he offered them a chance to come visit his house and get the low down on his end of the world prophecy?

No mod even bothered to come forward on that original thread to verify that he did recieve a u2u from Dark Knight. Shortly thereafter, the thread gets closed and I believe it is now deleted because I cant find it.

So what can be done about this?

I suggest a banning is appropriate for purposely misleading and creating hysteria among ATS members. ATS is a forum for civil discussion and we do not need to turn into a troll forum with pranksters as GodlikeProductions.com has plenty of those.

What else can be done in the future?

From now on, when a member comes out with an outrageous claim, the burden of proof should strike him down and put pressure on him to atleast try to convince us in some way with some form of evidence. And what if he cant? Then the thread should be immediately closed. This would squash the hysteria that would otherwise be prevalent and pervasive.

[edit on 11-12-2006 by crijack]

[edit on 11-12-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by crijack
From now on, when a member comes out with an outrageous claim, the burden of proof should strike him down and put pressure on him to at least try to convince us in some way with some form of evidence. And what if he cant? Then the thread should be immediately closed. This would squash the hysteria that would otherwise be prevalent and pervasive.

I have to say I did read the thread in question with some interest, it was entertaining if it was anything.

I believe that the majority of people who frequent the ATS pages but are not members (lurkers) are probably fascinated by posts like this.

I do however totally agree that anybody that has anything to say should back it up with exactly why he or she thinks it or supply supporting evidence.

When I read the DARK KNIGHTS post I was totally enthralled by the story, but knew it to be just that.

I think it could even be considered to be satire humour.

Anyway, I also think that we have to be very careful not to create too much panic since there are people out there that will actually believe posts like that and act upon them.... they maybe really really unintelligent but non-the-less they will act.

So what can we do as active members??

We can use total and cold Logic on threads such as the one you outlined.

There was another post on ATS a couple of weeks back entitled..
Absolute proof of Alien Comms.... Again a misleading title and although pointed to an interesting technique for meditation was absolutely NOT absolute proof of alien comms.

That thread and the poster was totally disseminated by logic, plain and simple.

Being emotional beings such as we are, it would be easy for us to be enflamed or enraged by such obviously fictitious threads but again, the best way to fight fire is not with fire... it's with WATER

Anyway,

I am more than sure that if we were to pool the average IQ on ATS it would be very very high... If we all work together, we can distinguish truth from false.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I was just wondering what happened to that thread as well.I sent Dark Knight a u2u asking if the thread would be reopened,or if he had any progress getting hold of a mod.Still haven't heard anything....

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
umm...if you had to back up everything you say on here with proof, half the threads would be gone. Tunnel boring machines, reptillians, aliens, 9/11. Theres no "proof" of any of it.

Perhaps the mod is no longer here. Perhaps it was overlooked. Who knows. Maybe the mod is modding a different room.

You claim of proof is far from proven.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
umm...if you had to back up everything you say on here with proof, half the threads would be gone. Tunnel boring machines, reptillians, aliens, 9/11. Theres no "proof" of any of it.

Perhaps the mod is no longer here. Perhaps it was overlooked. Who knows. Maybe the mod is modding a different room.

You claim of proof is far from proven.

If not proof then a reason as to why one should think that.

And simply saying I was told by someone else so there for it must be true is totally flawed logic.

I could write a thread entitled - MY arse is an intergalactic traveller from another dimension that talks to the worlds leaders without my consent....

Alllll Righty Then.....

Then when someone says o.k. prove it, I could say, well humans can't actually see it.. it just looks like an arse to other humans.

Though I do hear what you are saying and we should be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above is the link to the thread...its still here.

About this thread...it does seem to come off as a personal attack, as you seem to point out you dont have 100% proof.

If he's a liar, and exposed Im sure he will be banned and even the thread deleted.

Not sure what the problem is...he posted in Skunk works, where the wildest stories and even speculation can be posted. Of course not outright lies, but think of it this way...in skunkworks, you just need to believe in it to post it...thats why its called skunkworks, its a very open forum. So if he believes that he needs to go off and hide, then he probably does. Now if hes trying to take the "mick" out of you, as the Brits would say...then I can see some people might not see the humor in that. But what if he did believe this, does it change how you would see the story? You still have to run the info through your filters?

But Im sure you wouldnt want a thread with your name on it for the whole world to see with a negative attribute to it. This seems more like it should go to the complaints area

Peace

Dalen

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
We will not allow anyone to start another thread attacking another member.

This thread is now closed.

new topics

top topics

join