It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans love to kill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I am convinced that we as a race of lifeforms enjoy killing and hurting our fellow man either directly or indirectly. No many will say, I am peace loving and could not hurt anyone, well thats a lie, put people in the right or wrong circumstances and they will happily kill or hurt others. US/UK tax payers are paying to kill Iraqis, Iranians/Syrians are paying to kill Israelis. Men kill their wives, mothers kill their children, Western economies exploit 3rd world countires keeping their people in poverty and suffering.

The only answer to this is that we are either defective in some way or more likely we enjoy it, we enjoy the power we hold over others, it makes us feel strong and superior, the weak are cattle and should be treated as such. We would all like to believe its the fault of others who are the cause of this that its not really the individual whom is responsible, well I'm sorry but evil lurks in all of us, man woman or child all are capable and do hurt and kill. Were savages, were as savage today as when we lived in caves, we wear a cloak of civility that can be dropped at a moments notice revealing the inner evil.

We dont have to throw stones anymore our large brains have allowed us to invent technology that can kill from afar and in large numbers, in thousands of years we have learnt nothing except how to kill more effectively and to spread hate, fear and suffering. Hollywood got it wrong, the Earth does not need to be invaded by aliens their already here, a human parasite that destroys itself and the planet it lives on. Only backward looking savages would be capable of doing such a thing.

Yes this planet has been visted by higher lifeforms but they do not stay they look down on the human zoo and quickly move on fearful that they may be affected by the madness of humans.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I totally agree with you magicmushroom.

Man is the only lifeform on the planet that kills his own species for pleasure or to eliminate a problem for himself and save his own skin for selfish reasons (greed).

I am not educated enough in medicine, neurology or psychiatry but this must be a
primitive urge that has failed to evolve or be suppressed in some of us. Maybe it still exists in all of us but is just not as strong.

IMO we all have the potential to kill (I have a mental list of peeps I would just love to waste... hahaha) but the majority of us are able to suppress the urge. Those that can not suppress this urge are obviously 'wired' up differently...are they defective or are those of us who suppress the urge to kill defective? I think we are all defective in our own way.

Most of us can draw the line at killing another but I think we are all guilty of hurting others physically or psychologically at some time during our lives. I mean who is perfect ? What is perfect ? Who can not be corrupted? How may of us have intentionally made another feel like crap because we just felt like it and did not like them for whatever reason ?

All other life forms kill to survive (eat) or protect their young.

I also feel that other life forms watch us and are saddened by what we have done to this planet. There has never been an age on this earth that has not witnessed war, bloodshed and carnage and man's inhumanity to his fellow man.

Just my mixed up thoughts

In Peace Always
resi

[edit on 10-12-2006 by resistancia]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
There are animals that do fight, and possibly kill for the right for a mate. Also what about the siamese fighting fish or whatever they are called, the moment they see another one they try and fight them.

I am not doubting what you are saying, I am just saying their are animals that do fight and kill for lust, or food, or just because.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Look more closely at nature at you will find it quite homicidal and brutal.
Mother Nature aint quite the sweet lady you imagine.

I don't believe Humanity has some Tragic Flaw. We are just creatures of the process that created us. We survive, we make sure our immediate children survive, and everything else is abstractions of far less importance.

I'm surprised you might think that Aliens watching us from above are any less products of their own evolution and fight for survival.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I think no, no Humans don't love to kill, though, we will do it happily IF there is a reason for it.

Getting payed to
Revenge
Jealousy

Ect....

[edit on 11-12-2006 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
I am convinced that we as a race of lifeforms enjoy killing and hurting our fellow man either directly or indirectly. No many will say, I am peace loving and could not hurt anyone, well thats a lie, put people in the right or wrong circumstances and they will happily kill or hurt others. US/UK tax payers are paying to kill Iraqis, Iranians/Syrians are paying to kill Israelis.

I think you are very wrong indeed, u like killing people? you think we enjoy paying tax so that iraqies and other people die ? you think most people like to kill others?? i hope to hell that you are speaking of the minority of earth people with psichiatric disorders and psichoses because i can tell you right now that i nor anyone i know would like to kill someone, You honestly think that people pay taxes because they like killing?? hows this, how about you dont pay your taxes and watch what happens.

Men kill their wives, mothers kill their children, Western economies exploit 3rd world countires keeping their people in poverty and suffering.

SO you think that a few bad people who ruin it for themselves also portray some sort of homicidal joyouse defect on everyone else?? Im gonna go and do something bad so that all people cop the flack from it including you ,
sound right??? because thats what you are saying .

you speak of nature,
For someone who believes these things such as yourself and you have the nerve to tell us that "its in our nature to enjoy killing" and all that crap then you trully have your wires crossed, For it is not in natured form to kill and enjoy killing ,
it is quite the opposite really,
It is natures form to survive
this is the most bare basic foundation of nature of them all , and if you reakon that it is our way to kill for the enjoyment of it , then i recomend that you get some help or something .

Omega

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This is not about animals this is about the so called superior life form on this planet. Animals do not kill for pleasure, or profit or greed, they do not destroy their own environment. This is about humans facing up to the fact that for all our advancement and superior intelligence it has got us nowhere. Life forms are suposed to evolve well humans certainly havent, we have had thousands of years of civilisation and technology to improve ourselves and have we, no we have not.

We spend more on arms and war than on helping those who require the needs for basic survival, while we bitch and complain about want we cannot have thousands starve everyday and we dont even give a toss for the suffering of our fellow humans.

Therefore we must be incomplete, at a permament stage of savagery some other event needs to occur for us the move to the next level, what that could be who knows one can only speculate on such matters. But one things for sure if we do not evolve we are doomed to a self inflicted termination.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Agreed Shroom "if u may permit me to call you that
"

Killing is getting us nowhere,
we are destroying nature
and lowering our own by doing so ,

I agree with you majicmushroom,

Omega

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hi Omega, I think mans recent history proves you wrong if you think we are not capable of killing. I did say that if you are put in the right or wrong environment we are all capable of killing and hurting. Dont just think of murderers think of all forms of killing. Most murders are crimes of passion relatively few are due to some mental ilness.

You say you would not kill, well I dont no your personal circumstances but I could put you in an environment were you would kill, you would kill through fear, survival or pleasure. Have you ever been to an Uk football match in tthe bad old days of gang violence, groups of normal, average working people turned into murdering savages in the name of sport.

What about all the gang violence in America, gangs of youths going around shooting people for fun and laughs. Here in the Uk recently a school girl was beat up and those who observed this recorded the act on their mobiles and sent it to their mates for laughs.

Have you seen people who are starving killing each other for food just to survive. This is universal, its a human disease, a contagion that we all have, just because most of us have not killed does not mean we are not capable. We all hurt each other, usually with words rather than physical violence but sometimes words can kill, the bullied school child who commits suicide, the words of a countries leader influence his people to commit murder and genocide.

We have all at some point in our lives hurt our fellow man, the animals we share this planet with and our damage to the environment is ongoing, you me all on ATS and everywhere are villains to the plot.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Oh Omega, your right I do need help, me and my 6 billion brothers and sisters, if you know of any pills that can fix the problem just drop me a line. cheers.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
an enlightened human doesnt like to kill what a crock of crap

just becouse you have been conditioned into thinking its normal doesnt mean it is, i mean nature is brutal and the law of the strongest works there of course, but for instance humans have been saving disabled childrens lives for god knows how long and they could never survive in nature otherwise. So we are not in that loop anymore really, its just that some greedy bastards find it convinient to set us up against each other...its a way of keeping control, not a natural urge

hey if you fall for it its on your concience, good luck repaying your carmic debt

cheers

[edit on 11-12-2006 by born_to_be_wired]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
You couldnt put me in any situation thanks,
i dont do pills but im glad to see it crossed your mind.
i would only kill for survival
those who kill for passion are mentally disturbed anyway ????
i dont know how you can say that killers who kill inocents are not mentally unstable? its beyond me,
And i didnt say man was not capable of killing did i?
stop thinking im saying things just so you can troll thanks,
and as for you saying that u have billions of brothers and sisters then talkin about pills, Im not even gonna go there as it would be distastefull.
The bullied school child who shoots up a school ?? Is weak and thats it .
anyone who can not be strong enough to words and has to blow away inoccents is a weak and flacid worm in my books mate, and you wanna talk about how EVERYONE enjoys killing , go and preach your biased attitude to the families of murder victims and see how they take all your wonderfull wisdom of the ages in.

Omega

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I agree magicmushroom, humans kill for pleasure and sport, whereas in the animal kingdom, killing is a necessity of survival.

The other side of that coin must be that humans are able to sacrifice for the pleasure of altruism.

There is a pleasure center of the brain that is rewarded by self-less kindness shown to others.

I think this little downside of sentience, the pleasure of killing, contributes to the tenacity with which all our misguided instincts take root.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Omega I think you misunderstood what I said, when I mentioned a school kid I ment a child that is bullied by others who then takes his or her own life not the life of others. And you have proved me right you would kill to survive. So who would you kill to survive, anyone, a woman or child.

My attitude is not biased, its a fact of life that we kill and hurt others no matter what anyone says, were a violent animal end of story. For all our great deads and well being to others it is let down by our wrongdoing, while one hand hands out food the other carries a dagger.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i could not take a childs life over my own, i would sacrifice myself so the people i love could survive, if this is truly what you think then i will leave it be as u and i are 2 completely different people, and that is which makes us human ,
uniqueness is not without a sense of irony it seems.

omega

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Omega, you have a very comendable attitude, as I said before we are capable of many great things either as an individual or as a group but we continually let ourselves down. My wife and I subscribe to the NSPCC, RSPSA, Oxfam and others but when I'm in my car and some idiot tries to kill me in theirs it makes me want to shoot them, not in reality but I utter the words, we are a strange race indeed.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
There's really no 'sin' one can recognize in another that one is not also capable of.

Yet stands for Your Eligible Too.

The incidence of bullied children resulting in homicidal outbursts at school is so rare as to be negligible.

The watered down 'homicidal' instinct of bullying is much more common.
Bullying what's seen as 'weak' is a good example of the homicidal instinct as it translates to modern social living.

People in wheelchairs and the disabled are subject to all kinds of insult and abuse.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
those who kill for passion are mentally disturbed anyway ????
i dont know how you can say that killers who kill inocents are not mentally unstable? its beyond me

There it is, the old 'oh there must be something wrong with you if you'd kill someone'.

This is what societies ideals have put into your head. That if people don't follow the rules and laws that have been set for us, they must have a mental problem lol
Maybe you should think for yourself rather than let society and 'the norm' dictate your views.

Anyway I agree that there is something about the human mind that makes us more willing to kill our fellow man. We can easily kill for sport so maybe spilling blood isn't such a big deal to us as we think. Obviously there's morals and laws that we are used to abiding by, but that's not what i'm talking about, I mean human nature.

Or maybe there's some primitive instinct still in us from when humans were struggling to survive and didn't think twice about killing each other. Because it's being suppressed nowadays we don't go around killing each other, but sometimes that instinct comes through and gets released in the way of mass murder. Just a theory.

I think that I could kill a man if they were threatening my life or someone I loved

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Huh well i rather be considered weak and not harm anyone else.

What you say may apply to the collective result of this kurrupt system but it does not apply to each and every single indivisuals.

Don't accuse the animals in the ''zoo'' like you call it, but accuse the zoo it self.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You guys are funny
seriously killing is necessary. Humans must kill each other or else overpopulation would occur and the environment would pay the price and ultimately it would mean a dead planet earth. So...killing is not wrong sorry but are animals going to hell too
and even "God" killed many so is he going to hell too?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join