It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK vice murders(5 bodies found)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
With the escalation of murders in such a rapid succession, I'm thinking the killer has been killing for while.

If so, its probable they will find occurrences of unsolved murders matching the same MO elsewhere. With this, as you hear most profilers often say, the killer may have been unable to do any killings in the recent past due to other reasons such as incarceration, health, etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
They are confirming strangulation in 4th vic and saying he leaves them naked except for their jewellery and that doesn't match previous killings. Although I'd keep an open mind on whatever and wherever he has done things previously.

I think prostitution is on the rise in general, through the internet even and mobile phones making it easier. There are even sites you can read reviews of different girls. I don't know about demand rising, I think it's always been there it's not the oldest profession on earth for nothing.

The thing is these working girls are the bottom of the chain, many others work relatively more safely through agencies, premises, hotels etc. The ones walking the streets are always the most serious drug addicts and most desperate.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
they're now looking into any possible links to the 4 strangled prostitutes found in Atlantic City, NJ recently. An international serial killer perhaps.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Does Atlantic City have a significant military population? There's several US military bases near Ipswich...

Interestingly a quick search reveals several US fighter wings share correspondences between Atlantic City AFBs and Lakenheath and Mildenhall in Suffolk...

[edit on 14-12-2006 by kickoutthejams]

[edit on 14-12-2006 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
No clue but I would imagine that the authorities would be looking into that if they think that the killer(s) might be US Military.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm real interested in the theory that there could be a connection top the others in the US or a copycat killings,
I even stated that in my opening post asking for info on the other murders, it was something that crossed my mind then, so
for bring that up, it sure does have similarities,

As for the Army bases? that's something i had not even thought about,

interesting to look at this all in a different way,
for thinking out of the box,

As for this man killing before i think its likely, and different psychologists are trying to figure out this mans traits,

one calling him a spree killer where he tries to fit in as many as he can in a short time, maybe before Xmas?

Might be interesting to bring up some of the possible attitude profiles of this man here, there is so many going around, Ill have a read up later and See what i can add on that,

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well there is at least one military instalation in Atlantic City.

List of US Military Bases

I could not find what it is they are supose to do though.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
here's the article from today's NY Daily News.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Paula clennell has now been confirmed as the 4th body,

My thoughts go out to her family,

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
the 48th Fighter Wing seem to connect between NJ and Suffolk bases plus I found another squadron that was moved from NJ Maguire AFB I think to Lakenheath to take part in Iraq ops. The whole area (of suffolk) has had bases going back to Rendlesham forest days and before although those are closed now RAF Lakenheath and Mildenhall (both N. of Ipswich) have US personnel mostly Airforce. There's probably some cross-training of Army via Colchester as well which to the West of Ipswich.

The Atlantic City killings are of 4 prostitutes, all strangled or asphyxiated going up to mid november of this year I believe. Reports seem to indicate some of the working girls met this guy and survived and he had a foot fetish. He positioned all faces of vics facing East and took their shoes and socks but they were otherwise clothed. He told some of the girls he was ex-military. They were dumped close to each other in ditches and on mashland. The local suffolk / ipswich paper the evening star is running a story about the connections today confirming police will be making contact with the US task force investigating the AC killings.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I was reading some articles regarding the Atlantic City killings, and the profile, although having some similarities, does not fit this killer.

The AC killer has an 'extreme foot fetish'. In the four cases they had, all four women had their shoes and socks removed. ( no mention of finding them anywhere yet ).

With the Ipswich killings, this is not an apparent trait of the killer.
One could argue that the bodies were found naked, thus making the absence of foot attire relevant, IMO non-related. Just another killers MO.

One thing I can't get past though, is the time-line between the two sets of murders.

AC murders presumably started sometime during the summer months based on decomp and clothing worn by some of the victims (IMO ), with the last one probably being sometime in late October/early November.

This sets the time-line for the start of the UK murders , if the killer from NJ relocated to the UK for whatever reason.

That, and the fact that no more similar murders have occurred in NJ as of this date ( not that I could find anyways ), would lead some to believe the two killers could be one and the same.

Its very rare for a serial killer to just stop killing of his own accord.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I accidently posted in a new thread, thinking the profiling aspect to it wasnt being discussed, so if i may i will post my original findings, hopefully this will add to whats already being suggested.

Here's what the police have said so far, amongst other people.

Already, psychologists are assessing the crimes and offering insights into the mind of the perpetrator, who experts say is very likely to be a lone male.

Keith Ashcroft, a forensic psychologist and expert in sex crimes, based in Edinburgh, UK, speculates that the murderer is deliberately taunting police. He said that the person probably has some massive grudge against the police force, probably even in Suffolk and wants to make the police look inadequate.

Meanwhile, Joseph Diaz, a criminologist at Fayetteville State University in North Carolina, US, says that the fact the bodies were dumped in water suggests that the killer is of above average intelligence, because he knows physical evidence will be washed away.

Diaz writes in the Daily Telegraph that the killer probably has a dominant mother, and is not in a stable relationship with a woman possibly a virgin, he adds.

In the The Times, David Canter, director of the Centre for Investigative Psychology at the University of Liverpool, says: "His first murder was likely to be a carefully considered attempt to hide some other crime: killing the victim because she was a crucial witness."

And more proven statistcs.

However, Wilson stresses that psychological profiling can still be a useful tool when used carefully. Most serial killers have been young men between 25 and 40 with typically male occupations that imply a high level of testosterone, such as mechanic, road worker or builder.

Their careers often have no obvious direction, and so they have little prospect of developing a sense of self-esteem or importance in their work. They are often socially and sexually inept and carry a large amount of anger towards others, who they perceive as responsible for their situation

Wilson says it is unlikely the killer wants to be found. It appears he is currently building himself up into a frenzy, perhaps before committing suicide or going to ground.

Sorry to quote a lot, but thought it was necessary to show whats been profiled so far, if and when this killer is caught, maybe we could look back at this thread to see how accurate the profiling was?

www.newscientist.com...

To add from another source.

A call to Paula Clennell's mother from a male "friend" claiming he saw her on Sunday. Who was the caller - could it have been the killer playing mind games?

What kinda mind would do this and why?

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Denied]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
don't forget a lot of 'profiling through the press' also operates on another level to communicate with the killer and drive him off balance. Investigations and profiling of crimes of this type keep a certain amount back out of the public domain for several reasons.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It looks like there may be some progress on this. (according to the Mirror this morning). A blue BMW with gold wheels has been linked to some of the girls, and the bouncer at a "massage parlour" apparently got it's number plate. Apparently the police have spoken to the owner, and now need to talk to other girls to "eliminate him from their enquiries". Hmm.

Here's hoping they identify the killer soon.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a sixth girl has gone missing.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yes thats right, confirmed with this source.
news.sky.com...

A former prostitute has been reported missing in Suffolk as police confirm the murder of five girls in the county are linked.

Former?? Would he go for a former prositute, that would be a new direction.

officers are investigating reports that another girl, a former prostitute, has not been seen for two or three days.

Or she could be with her boyfriend?

Sky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said it was believed the girl may be with her boyfriend, but he had not been seen for a few days either.

I think, they may be a false alarm, not sure though.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To add, the sixth woman has been found, and the news at ten is saying that none of the prostitutes have been sexually attacked in anyway.
What does this killer want out of killing, what does he get out of it...?
This is just being reported on the news so no link sorry.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

To add, the sixth woman has been found

Found alive or...?? Any additional information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aimless Searcher

To add, the sixth woman has been found

Found alive or...?? Any additional information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards-
Aimless

Found, alive and well, i heard on the news, yet cant find a link to it yet...

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust....

Most Seriel Killers kill too feel the adrenaline rush, a form of excitment from the killing, or the kill rush, also some just do it too feel somthing...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join