It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Greer says "UFOs - Seeing is Believing" was rigged!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Everyone should hear this! Remember the Peter Jennings "UFOs - Seeing Is Believing" 2 hour special that aired on ABC before Jennings died of lung cancer?

Steven Greer and The Disclosure Project were asked to be part of the special, and provided a lot of information and video footage, but almost none of it made it to the special!

The CIA made ABC water down the show. It was rigged!!!

CLICK HERE -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Richard Dolan, author of the monumental UFOs and the National Security State (volume 2 out shortly!) also found much to condemn in Jennings' programme...

It is ludicrous to think that ABC’s leadership just decided to "do" a special like this. When dealing with the powerful media – which George Orwell today would certainly describe as our Ministry of Truth – one must assume there is a political (and in this case national security) goal. This is, after all, a critical national security topic. Major media is in bed with our national security apparatus. This ain’t your great-grandpa’s U.S. of A., sonny. It’s become more like the old Soviet Union. Indeed, we have to watch ABC in the same way that the people who used to be called "Sovietologists" analyzed official Soviet public statements. "What does so-and-so really mean by that? What is the significance of this person’s presence or absence at an official function?" As Tass was to the Soviet elite – the primary mouthpiece and propaganda instrument – so are the major networks of today, including ABC, to America’s power elite.

Thus, we might ask, was ABC attempting to "prepare the public?" Or, instead, some form of spin control?

Looks like spin control to me.

The rest of the article gives a thorough review of the programme and also reveals an item of "old news" that I didn't know...

With a half hour to go, the Special came to abductions. I was expecting to see Dr. Michael Persinger on this segment, discussing tectonic stress theory and the sense of "presence." Fortunately, I was wrong. But in fact the replacement crew was just as bad. Thus, after a sympathetic treatment of Budd Hopkins, we get Harvard psychologists and ... yes, sleep disorder paralysis. What was galling about this part was the absence of the late John Mack, the other Harvard professor. Before Mack was killed last summer (some believe suspiciously) by a motorist on a lonely road late at night while in Britain, he had been interviewed for this special. Why was he left off? Inexcusable.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This off topic.
Has Steven Greer got cancer?
I saw a post in another thread stating this.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Stanton Friedman has also ripped that special to shreds as well. It had good promise in the lead-up, but the version that aired was your typical, watered-down media tripe that we've all seen a million times. Sad.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't know much about the disclosure project but is anyone aware of a pro documentary done specifically on and about the Disclosure project?

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK
This off topic.
Has Steven Greer got cancer?
I saw a post in another thread stating this.

I think if he did have cancer it would have been posted on the Disclosure Project web site by now. I just emailed someone I know at the Disclosure Project to ask them about this. I hope it's just a rumor that someone shouldn't have ever started. Shame....

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In his new book 'Hidden Proof, Forbidden Knowledge' he explains that the NSA / black ops people gave him cancer.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I found this browsing around. It is a supposed letter made by Dr. Greer saying that he has cancer. Melanoma. I hope that he does not die soon. It would be a sad day for ufo community and the chance of disclosure.

Read Article

[edit on 10-12-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The following message first appeared on the internet in early July, 1997. At that time, CSETI director Dr. Steven Greer requested that it be circulated only to members and friends of the CSETI organization. Now Greer has given CNI News permission to circulate this message to our subscribers. The original text is reproduced in full.

I really think this is old news.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This really is not new news.

But maybe you guys haven't seen the video or read his books.

From the video and his book:

Not only did Peter Jennings screw Greer over in the way you suggest, they did it after advising that they were going to do it right and treat it as a news piece. Greer gave them everything he had, free of charge. They ended up not only ignoring the info but somewhat discrediting Greer.

CBS News sent cameras out on one of his field expeditions. They received serious ufo contact, and it scared the cameraman, he ran for his life. Before the filming Greer had a contractual agreement with CBS to present it as it was filmed. He was advised by Kathleen(sp?) that they weren't 'allowed' to do it. Greer asked them to fulill the terms of the contract, she said that CBS has more money and better lawyers. Greer stated this to show that we don't really have a free press, that it is controlled by the government.

From the book regarding cancer:

Not only did he get cancer but a close associate got cancer as well. She died a couple of years ago. They both got cancer at the same time, and Greer's dog's leg had to be had to be amputated for the same reason.

You've GOT read the book.There is way more info in the book than in the videos....

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Peter Jennings died from cancer too !

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

He was a smoker. And a lot of people die of cancer. It's pretty common. I don't think it was a conspiracy.

The fact that the documentary was watered down for what ever reason is what really upsets me.

I think some multi-millionare needs to make a UFO channel on cable. That would be cool. Have all the top Ufologists make tons of shows and have any government/military insider who wants to come forward and talk about what they know. Until then, I don't think we'll see any real ground breaking UFO coverage on TV.

*at least not on the major channels like ABC, NBC, CNN, FOX, ect*

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The surgeon general of the US said cancer deaths from smoking are caused by polonium-210, a byproduct of chemical fertilizers used in commercial tobacco operations. If they used organic fertilizers, smoking would be a lot less dangerous.

But I am not surprised about this UFO documentary sham.
The MSM cannot be trusted on simple matters of accurately relaying political
events. Let alone something as momentous as aliens and UFOs. (sigh)

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

Yes, lots of people die from cancer.

However, Greer, his assistant and US Senator, and his dog got cancer at the same time. No history of cancer in their respective families.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I remember a program which aired on Fox about 5-6 years ago, before they went totally "mainstream" which covered the UFO phenomena and was very well done. It included some absolutely astonishing videos of ufo sightings from around the world and interviews with ufo investigators, including I believe, Steven Greer.

What really stood out for me were some really astounding nighttime videos of ufos filmed over Israel. Does anyone remember this show, or the title?

I sure wish that I had had the opportunity to record the show, but I didn't have a vcr at that time. Pity.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormrider
I remember a program which aired on Fox about 5-6 years ago, before they went totally "mainstream" which covered the UFO phenomena and was very well done....

Perhaps you're thinking of "Sightings"? It was on Fox for a while until X-files replaced it's time slot.

I think the show "Sightings" is related to Rense.com... though I could be mistaken. It's been a long time.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel

Originally posted by Stormrider
I remember a program which aired on Fox about 5-6 years ago, before they went totally "mainstream" which covered the UFO phenomena and was very well done....

Perhaps you're thinking of "Sightings"? It was on Fox for a while until X-files replaced it's time slot.

I think the show "Sightings" is related to Rense.com... though I could be mistaken. It's been a long time.

No, it wasn't sightings, it was a one-time special. Wish I could remember more about it; all I really recall was that they interviewed several investigators and eye-witnesses and showed some really startling ufo videos, including the ones I mentioned before over Israel. I had never heard about mass ufo sightings there before and that is why I remember it. Come to think of it, it may have been on another network than Fox...

new topics

top topics

join