It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which one is better?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Hackers are real bad man. Yeasterday, I can not connected to internet, I have to download SpywareDoctor to check what happened? The results is there were 120 viruses been found in my PC, including Trojan.adclick, Trojan.Downloader.Bruser, Keylog-sters and PodcastbarMiNi. etc. But the Macfee I installed never alarm also even I run it to scan but nothing found.
I do knew that Macfee is a famous US AntiVirus software with wild-selling,why so disappoint me?
Please tell me if you need a software to protect my PC from roughly attack by Trojan viruses and Spyware infiltration, which one you will choose?
Kapasky?
Norton?
Macfee?
Norman>
or others you're used to intalled in your PC?

[edit on 10-12-2006 by emile]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have been using the free version of AVG without any problem.
(Before I post this I looked for links to all these products and the link to the free version of AVG is not working)

As I couldn't get it to work on Windows Vista, I am using now Avast, and I am happy with it.

Kaspersky is good, apparently, I have never used it but I know people who had and they are happy with it.

Do you use any firewall? I have used ZoneAlarm and now I am using Kerio to do some tests.

I have never had a virus in any of my computers since 1993, and I use the Internet since 1996.

If you keep your computer up to date and are careful with the sites you visit (sites that are supposed to give serial numbers are a good source of virus) you can keep your computer clean.

Ex

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I also use AVG ( the free edition) on this machine
but must say
NOD is extremely good
www.eset.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You ask a very good question.

The problem is you will get as many different answers as there are members of ATS.

Best antivirus software overall.
According to the most recent reviews, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 tops both Norton AntiVirus 2007 and McAfee VirusScan Plus 2007. Kaspersky is fast and light -- meaning it won't slow down your computer as much as the class leaders.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source

This program needs to be backed up by: a software fire wall-zonealarm
antispy programs: adaware se, spybot search and distroy as well as M$'s windows defender and ccleaner.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Whatever you do, stay away from Norton.

It was once a good App, but has become somewhat a behemoth, resource hungry, and invasive utility.

Leaves too many processes running, imo. And the constant huge popups on the lower right hand side of the screen made me one day say ENOUGH!!!

I uninstalled it, but it was not an easy task. I finally bit the bullet and Did a complete reinstalll of Windows, so as to remove every little trace of that monster from my machine.

Norton...

I would much have an app that is more user friendly. That is there when I want it, but silent when I did not call upon it's services.

Right now, I am not using anything, but as previously posted, there are many free or low priced alternatives to the highly commercialized applications out there.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I use Avast. It's free, does the job, and never gives me a problem. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Trend Micro do a sweet online virus scanner called Housecall. I've found it to be most helpful in the past.

[edit on 11/12/06 by Implosion]

new topics

top topics

join