It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Years Of Police Work Finally Down The Toilet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Finally, they've made it. A local police station in Sweden managed last Thursday to get rid of its last roll of toilet paper. 20 years ago someone made a mistake and ordered a huuuge amount of toilet paper. They had to fill more than 12 garages.

The Local: Twenty years of police work down the toilet

8th December 2006

Police officers in the small town of Hagfors in western Sweden have finally made it through their massive stock of toilet paper, twenty years after a shock delivery first took over the local station. "There were times when we weren't sure we'd make it," said station chief Björn Fredlund.

The police chief could only look on in despair as a seemingly endless supply of products was unloaded from the truck. "He asked the driver to stop. But the driver said it would cost a lot of money to return the goods and that he would need it in writing. "Nothing was signed and the unloading continued," said Fredlund.

There was nothing for it but to get on with the paperwork. As a gesture of neighbourly goodwill, police patrols from other towns in the northern Värmland region would sometimes drop by

And this Thursday, 20 years after the original delivery, the final roll of toilet paper finally met its last police posterior.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Congratulations on a job well done. Now you can order some double sheet paper for the next batch.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Now that made me laugh!

20 years worth...

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I guess you could say they got to the bottom of that case...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
I guess you could say they got to the bottom of that case...

That is the joke of the year.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Seems the Swedes have the same problem the Americans do in that there is no communication or cooperation between first responders and departments.

Why didn't they just share all that TP with other departments and fire and rescue as well, or even send some to the jail for the inmates??

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Seems the Swedes have the same problem the Americans do in that there is no communication or cooperation between first responders and departments.

Why didn't they just share all that TP with other departments and fire and rescue as well, or even send some to the jail for the inmates??

The article said that other departments sometimes stopped by to borrow some.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn

The article said that other departments sometimes stopped by to borrow some.

I read that after the fact, but it would seem like they would just distribute it to anyone in government which would more quickly eliminate the problem of so much paper. But, it was still a nice article to read on a Monday.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Jobs never finished till the paper works done.

Thats a hell of a lota paper work.

Big big jobby.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Bonus

I've heard about a Russian factory who paid a bonus for their workers, and the bonus was paid in toiletpaper. Maybe that's an idea for the next time this happens?

top topics

join