It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Government employees ... thinking?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scyman
I know the Navy is going to throw about $40K at me when i re-up so I dont take my behind somewhere else and work as a civilian contractor. The background investigations are too expensive for them just to let you go...

I wish that they would do that for me...my job used to have the highest re-enlistment bonus that you could get...now its zero. Thats cool though, ill go make 3 or 4 times what I make now to do the same job...and not have to worry about all the B.S. in the military.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The OP assumes these workers are actually aware of what they are doing. Its called compartmentalization...the guy next to you has no clue what you are doing and you dont know what he does. There isnt any water cooler to sit around and chat about things as well.

Odds are a person could be working on back-engineering a part from a UFO and not know it. The guy in the next cubicle could be working on another piece from the very same ship. And since you arent allowed to talk, neither knows whats going on.

A secret is much much easier to keep when folks cant see the big picture.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe

I know the Navy is going to throw about $40K at me when i re-up so I dont take my behind somewhere else and work as a civilian contractor. The background investigations are too expensive for them just to let you go...

I wish that they would do that for me...my job used to have the highest re-enlistment bonus that you could get...now its zero. Thats cool though, ill go make 3 or 4 times what I make now to do the same job...and not have to worry about all the B.S. in the military.

Hey whats your RATE?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
The OP assumes these workers are actually aware of what they are doing. Its called compartmentalization...the guy next to you has no clue what you are doing and you dont know what he does. There isnt any water cooler to sit around and chat about things as well.

Odds are a person could be working on back-engineering a part from a UFO and not know it. The guy in the next cubicle could be working on another piece from the very same ship. And since you arent allowed to talk, neither knows whats going on.

Not a realistic example of what happens in a SCIF, and that's not how compartmentalization works. The idea is to keep what you are working on secret to those who don't need to know about it, not to keep it a secret from yourself.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Hey whats your RATE?

E-5....Staff Sergeant

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Hey whats your RATE?

E-5....Staff Sergeant

Heh, was about to call BS on you but you must be USAF.

edit: (...actually reads the whole thread) Yup. Too much Army for me. I need to get out more. ;P

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444

Compartmentalization probably works better for the Intel guys than it does for the technical design guys.

We DO chat "around the water coolers"...but generally only to guys in the same project at the same level. Nonetheless, unless it's a really wonky project eventually most of the guys at least have an idea if not the details.

The water cooler chats are odd, grant you, because everyone talks around stuff instead of about stuff. Someone here wrote a short story called 'hall chat' that was about a group of people talking in circumlocutions about projects, and everyone was talking about a different thing but no one knew it.

At any rate, everyone in the SCIF is onto what everyone else in the SCIF is up to. At least here. Maybe it works differently at WP or something, but I've worked at Los Alamos and for a couple of places I won't mention and it was pretty much the same everywhere.

Now that we have our own business, we sometimes do consulting work at other people's facilities, and while some places are more hardassed about things *coffNavycoff* it still is pretty much the same everywhere, there aren't any really hard compartments between sections of a project. And some of those projects were doozies, so I'd assume they were about as bad as it gets.

About the only time that I run into issues with it is when I know that Joe on project X needs something from Sam on project Y, and I am read onto both but can't transfer data between them. I have to be real careful not to inadvertently mention it, and to actually get the knowledge transferred over takes a lot of effort on some projects, none at all on others, it sort of depends on who's running both and the buttpucker level.

Sometimes I have engineered the odd barbecue and invited both parties and let them do their own conversing off to the side. I didn't actually DO it, it just sort of happened, I swears, boss!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well, people worked at the nazi death-camps and went home afterwards as well...

I guess you just get immune to ethics after a while. Especially when you see how far things have gone and how little you could do about it. Better just sit back and act like nothing, hoping to die in peace before the sh#t hits the fan so to speak.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
Well, people worked at the nazi death-camps and went home afterwards as well...

I guess you just get immune to ethics after a while. Especially when you see how far things have gone and how little you could do about it. Better just sit back and act like nothing, hoping to die in peace before the sh#t hits the fan so to speak.

Exactly how does this apply to anything that has been said?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedangler
All i want to know is at the end of the day of a secret government job doing what ever they are doing, do they ever sit back and question the morality of what they are doing.
for example Phill Shnyder came forward when he put 2 and 2 together. if he's telling the truth. we are all in deep $#%#$.

what possibly could these agents be thinking. if they think when %%## hits the fan they wont be effected, they will be surely mistaken.

So what the hell are they thinking!!!!!
any thoughts ?

I only replied to the original thread... Sorry mate...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join