It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ten billion to put an base on the moon? what a waste of money

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
My thoughts is that space exploration is indeed important but the vision should be that it needs to be for the right reasons and at the right time.

The peoples that have these business here on Earth and the rights up there are the ones that should pay for it not the tax-payers.

I totally respect your opinion, but the argument that "the money would be better spent on xxxxxx" and that "the tax-payers shouldn't pay for it" is really moot. NASA's budget will not significantly change, and that 10 billion would have been spent on other NASA projects anyways. Plus, as I mentioned in an earlier post, there are many other worse things that the government is blowing billions on.

I agree that the private sector should be doing this ... but they should be doing it AS WELL as NASA. Competition never hurts. Well, unless you're a Russian spy ...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I don't take it kindly at my age (58) to be told by you to stop whining.

I not quote you... that stop whining was directed at the general whiners

I have stated my feelings in this thread so I am done Zorgon but I think you need to (get off your horse) have a pit stop.

Not horse... we working on anti gravity ship... just need a lb or two of that strange metal

Okay fine I go away... I have moon mining work to do...

Hasta la bye bye

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join