It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backing up a web site?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I was wondering if there is a way to back up a complete website to like a Cd or something so you know you have it even if the web goes down?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yes there is.

It depends on what software was used to create the site and if it's your's or you used your providers software.

Depending on what program you used, just look in it's help or google it.

If you used a sites software, you must check with them how to do so.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It depends on whose site it is. If it is your site, you can just download the entire site (the individual files) to a folder on your computer and burn it to a CD. Any FTP program has the ability to download the files.

If you are talking about a site such as ATS, then do a google search for "site ripper" (or similar string) and you will find numerous products that will allow for downloading and off-line browsing of a site

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey, that's good news, sacrifice and mrmonsoon.

Now all the members with extreme ATS withdrawal (during the shutdown periods) can still get their "fix". Kind of like having a personal archive. Does the T&C have any regulations regarding this?

Of course, it may be an unwanted load on the servers here, at this time, given all the troubles as of late. But then again, I'm not sure how that all works.

[edit on 12/9/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the replys folks, in particular I was interested in backing up some sites that have entire books on them so I could read on a lap top while traveling. Or sometimes the web goes down periodically and it would be nice to be able to keep on keepin on. I mean just say your going on vacation for a week and your not going to have web, if you could back up a site like ATS for example there are plenty of things you could read in your spare time. You just wouldn't get the new replys.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I use WinHTTrack.

Its free and you can get it here.

I use it to download books too.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the link that helped a bunch.

new topics

top topics

join