It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is brainwashing kids.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Gear in order to prove that Christianity is brainwashing kids you have to show that individual church leaders are behind the game. Do you have such proof?

Until then all we have is a game brainwashing kids.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
That's right Shots.

I had trouble deciding whether to post it or not because of the vagueness and broad term of "Christianity."

In the end I decided to post it being 'politically correct' and vague to avoid this very issue.

Originally posted by Gear
Blatant propaganda that 'just so happens' to be Christian orientated.

In the end, I am not talking about Christians in their homes, or Christian leaders. I am talking about propaganda that is being used via the means of a game. The game is 100% completely Christian. Thus Christianity is responsible for brainwashing.

[edit on 10-12-2006 by Gear]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
As usual, the "God" named "Greed", is responsible for such a game. It should be a great money maker. Especially from all of the PR it will get from people defending/attacking Christianity.

Mahree

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

In the end, I am not talking about Christians in their homes, or Christian leaders. I am talking about propaganda that is being used via the means of a game. The game is 100% completely Christian. Thus Christianity is responsible for brainwashing.

I am still not buying your premise. In order for the game to be 100% Christian it would have to be backed by Christian leaders and it is not, well unless you can prove it that is backed by a specific group of Christians.

As it stands all you have is a game that has a Cristian theme nothing more nothing less.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think this falls under the category "hate speech" which IMO, should be illegal. I am all for freedom of speech in every area, EXCEPT when it incites hatred against a particular group of people. That is where I draw the line. This game sounds like the most un-Christian thing I can think of, at least the kind of Christianity that Jesus intended. It's this new hate-filled fundamentalist, Old Testament thinking that disturbs me and this game is just further proof of the insanity of that group.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have stated my case, and you want me to repeat it?

Look. It is a game made by Christians, for Christians about Christianity. How more Christian can it be?
It is a best selling series. Like all statistics, it is supported by figures.

Besides, in your logic a War game is not actually about war. Unless ofcourse it is supported or approved by military leaders.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Look. It is a game made by Christians, for Christians about Christianity. How more Christian can it be?

I will agree it is a game that is all. You have yet to prove it was made by Christians, for Christians. For all anyone knows it could have been made by atheists, Hindu's or perhaps Muslims. I am Not saying that is the case mind you, I am simply presenting other possibilities.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If they made a game about muslims hijacking a plane and flying it into a building you same people defending this game would be in an uproar.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
In order for the game to be 100% Christian it would have to be backed by Christian leaders and it is not, well unless you can prove it that is backed by a specific group of Christians.

Left Behind Games

Troy A. Lyndon, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder...
Mr. Lyndon has also served many ministries and Christian publishers, including the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Campus Crusade for Christ, Tyndale and Biblesoft, in the development of multimedia presentations, CD-ROMs, DVDs, and retail products.
Robilyn J. Lyndon, Vice President and Co-Founder...
Before co-founding LBG, Robilyn was the Finance Administrator for South Shores Church , a multi-million dollar ministry, where she managed finance, human resources and event planning. As well, she is an Inductive Bible Study teacher for Precept Ministries' curriculum and mother of five.

But it's clear to me that this endeavor is all about the money.
It's also clear to me that most Christians will support if because... well, how can they not?

But I suggest we all read about the companies behind Left Behind Games to see what's really important to these guys. I'll give you a hint. It's not saving souls.

Source

Another interesting link leads to Campus Crusade for Christ. The company’s Chief Financial Officer, Thomas Axelson currently works for the largest ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ International as their Director of Administration. An advisory board member, Helmut Teichert had a long career with that same organization.

Mr. Axelson can make over $250,000 a year if revenues grow high enough. As Director of Administration for Campus Crusade for Christ International can he steer business toward LBG? Might he have the incentive to spend CCCI’s money on multiple copies of Eternal Forces? One might want to watch this potential conflict of interest. Can you pass this on to the SEC and the IRS?

... How will evangelical ministers react to a product virtually no different than the ones they have railed against for years? Would it matter if they knew proceeds from a Christian themed company were not going to feed the poor, shelter the weak, and care for the infirmed? What would Jesus think?

Interesting...

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
IMO, the entire left behind series is nothing but propaganda
it's read by many christians so they can feel good about how they will be right in the end and how everyone else is wrong

also, it's dispansationalism (sp?) which is looked down upon by the majority of biblical scholars

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Created by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins.

Jerry Jenkins is a Christian Author.
Tim LaHaye is a Christian Minister.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I am with BH Here so the game was developed by Christians. that however does not mean that Christianity is brainwashing kids; all you have is two Christians out to make a fast buck.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I am with BH Here

Uh, before you jump on my train, you should probably read my first post in this thread. I don't think we're together on this thing, although I respect that you have your opinion on it.

My position is that these particular Christians are out to make a buck, yes, but that doesn't mean I think Christians aren't brainwashing children. Many are in the business of brainwashing, in my opinion. And not just children.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Oh Shots...Why am I to repeat myself time after time.

Even you cannot deny it.
First you stated:

All we have is a game brainwashing kids.

Then you said:

All you have is two Christians out to make a fast buck.

Hmm...

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Not that I think this so called "Christian" video game is a good idea...but...

...One question:

Does say, "Grand Theft Auto" brainwash children into carjacking and murder?

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Even you cannot deny it.
First you stated:

All we have is a game brainwashing kids.

Oh but I can! I did not state Christianity was brainwashing the kids. I clearly stated the game was.

As for the 2nd comment I stand by what I said they are only it for the money they are not promoting Christianity, all they are if anything is promoting hate.

Frankly I think you should not have lumped all Christians into one group.:shk:

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Not that I think this so called "Christian" video game is a good idea...but...

...One question:

Does say, "Grand Theft Auto" brainwash children into carjacking and murder?

does any game in the GTA series claim to pose as anything more than pure entertainment?

the danger is the message behind the game

left behind game has a message
violent video games tend to not have a message

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
does any game in the GTA series claim to pose as anything more than pure entertainment?

I don't know...do they? Does that matter?

the danger is the message behind the game

How so?

violent video games tend to not have a message

To kill for money or profit seems like a message to me...Please tell me how or why it's not.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
kinglizard, the message behind the left behind series of books is that these events WILL TAKE PLACE, and, in the game, the actions you take are PERFECTLY MORAL and that you MAY HAVE TO TAKE THESE ACTIONS

in the GTA games there isn't a presentation of your actions as moral
there isn't a message of any sort
the only thing there is pure entertainment

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Why can't people just see it as a game rather than some sort of propaganda? Or a brainwashing tool? If you think that just because you see something on a game means its alright to do, do you do it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join