It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Regulators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have been reading the constitution as well as quotes from our founding fathers and such. So I was wondering, if the American people aren't happy with congress or any other branch of government, can we overthrow and replace them?

"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Seems like alot of that is going on now. Why no rebellions? I think some people need to get regulated.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It is a lot easier to suggest a rebellion than to actually plan and follow through with one. Just look at our own(American) revolution. A mess that was saved by a few key decisions and events.

Today, the system is simply too vast and complex to try to overthrow in one swoop. Sure you could have the occasional "social" revolution and what not that tends to affect the political landscape, but definately nothing on the scale that you suggest. You know as well as I do that to clear to government of its corrupt-ness would require much work. Probably more work than any individual or group is willing to partake in today.

Does this remind anyone of that WarrenG/Nate Dogg song Regulators?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The intended order of methods to change the government is: First, write, call, and visit your Congressmen to discuss their violations and inform them you won't be voting for them in the next election if they don't change. If they continue their behavior, vote for a better candidate in the next election. If continuing to elect new members of Congress doesn't work and they all end up the same, and there's nowhere left to go to force them to follow the Constitution... then, as a last resort, it's time for a revolution to throw them out and re-set up the intended Republic.

It is, of course, easier said than done.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by LoganCale]

join