It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you know if you like someone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
are there any specific "symptoms" of loving another person?

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
is it that you dont know wether you like someone or not or do you really know and just dont want ot admit it to yourself. If you dont know wether you do or not then maybe you shold listen to what the people around you are telling you cause if they think you do then more than likely you do you just never thought about it before. now if you do know and just wont admit it to yourself thats an issue only you can deal with.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

How do you know if you like someone?

are there any specific "symptoms" of loving another person?

First off, those are two different things altogether, imo.

Simply "liking" someone is only a superficial physical attraction. But truly "loving" someone goes much deeper than just the physical attraction.

This topic is not easily answered, as it will vary from person to person. But from my experiences, there is no magical answer. Love is something that evolves over time. How much time depends on the individual.

All I can say is that no one can tell you when you're in love, or that you truly love someone. You will just know it. (Not purposely quoting "The Oracle" from the "Matrix" movie, but it fits)

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
two different things yes, but i dont feel that "liking" someone one is mutually exclusive to just a physical attraction, it really isnt you can be totally in love with someone and not like them at all. however you make an excellent point in that it does in fact take time to love someone on a real level and yes ultimately only you can or will know wether or not you love someone else yourself and yes you just know it. for clarity's sake my previous post was meant only as an indicator to wether or not you are in fact attracted to this person and not a way to tell how you feel towards them.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1
two different things yes, .....

Good points as well. This topic should have a forum all it's own.

In all, there is no truly definitive answer.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You devote way too much energy and a little time to really, really hating them.

Shrug.

[edit on 10-12-2006 by clearwater]

Ex

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Liking someone and Loving someone
are two totally different emotions .
I agree!

I like alot of people, but some ,
I probably wouldn't give
the time of day.or ever speak to.

The word like to me means admire in some way.
If your referring to friendship,
then liking them is sort of a given...a common bond
a useful friend
Example:
George:
Do you think this wig looks good,Gurlfriend?
John:
You know it , purple goes so well with your eyes

Love.....Now Love has so many dimensions ,
it is even hard to think of a way of listing them all

Love of country
Love of family

-------------------------------
why do i feel like I went totally adrift with this post.....
and so completely did not explain anything??
I dunno........
Let me ask my friend......

[edit on 12/07/2006 by Ex]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
You devote way too much energy and a little time to really, really hating them.

Shrug.

Truer words, never spoken.

When I feel strongly for a girl I can usually tell whether its just a physical thing or something deeper.

If its physical, I get very psychologically aroused when they are near me. I act like a fool and become ridiculously funny and flirty.

But when I like someone deeper I don't do any of that. I act like she's a normal person, I treat her like I treat everyone else.
But when we aren't near each other (usually a couple of hours after going our own way) I start to think about her (the joke she told, the clothes she wore, how her hair was). Then I start to really miss her and it seems like forever has gone since I last spoke to her (reality: four hours). Then when we meet again its like the feeling a junkie would get after abstaining for a while then getting a BIG hit. Euphoria.
Then you get all fuzzy and slowly, you start treating her normal and the process repeats.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
There are so many signs to liking someone, especially that you look forward to seeing them, there is a pleasant energy when they are around.You could be having a lousy day and when they show up it's all bright or okay again. You think of this one often. (More than most) and unfortunatly most who like someone pretend to be greater than they really are and don't show the bad stuff too quickly. That part takes time !LOL

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You will never know until they are gone. It is the only way.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
You will never know until they are gone. It is the only way.

^^^^^

Unfortunately that IS the only way to know if you like someone. Once they are with someone else... you kick yourself.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You know .. I mean you will know, when you day dream about them. Are distracted doing other things because they keep poping up on your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
For a married person like me, the answer could be a bit difficult to understand.

Well, it's easy to like someone, and this for various reasons. How would you know? it depends on what do you like on that someone.

I can like someone's character, physical appearance or just simply enjoys the company of someone.

Now for the question "are there any specific "symptoms" of loving another person?"

Please explain what do you mean by ''another person". My opinion depends on the way I understand this specific question.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I always know when I get a growth in my pants.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I really don't understand the question. I mean how can you not know if you like (or love) someone?

How do you know what your favorite color is?
How do you know what kind of music you like?
You know when you like something, you either like it or you don't.

You either like someone or you don't. You either love them or you don't.

If you really can't tell, then I would think that the problem might be that you need to either be more in touch with your feelings, be more decisive, maybe just trust yourself a little more, value your own opinions more.

top topics

join