It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syracuse Woman Spits In Soldier's Face

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why does she hate Ft Drum soldiers so much? What caused her actions to take place? We don't have these answers but I think she is ignorant to a few things that have clouded her decision making abilities.

I can say that the soldier who was spit on maintained his dignity and didn't disrepect the uniform he wears since he didn't react and do anything to harm this woman. He, or the local population, should try and help this woman understand that she is ignorant and make her aware of her problem, afterall this website is all about denying ignorance right?

So the local paper listed her info for the public to see. Aren't most court proceedings/records public anyways? It would be a matter of time before this info was released or available to the public. The way it was handled may make some feel like there is no privacy for the citizens of this country anymore. Some will think you reap what you sow.

This woman will be convicted of more then just the infractions she was charged with, she will be found guilty of being ignorant. Many people serve this country with honest intentions, me being one of them, but cases like this pop up now and then. Making the public aware of things is what should happen, don't make this woman into anything other then a criminal.

I know what would have happened if I was in that guys shoes, I would have laughed in her face after she spit on me and told her you are blinded by your misguided life but there is hope for you. You are just one of the millions of sheeple and until you want to help yourself you will be stuck in a world that is full of ignorance and negativity. Those words alone should help her wake up, but this soldier may not be on ATS yet, but I hope he finds this place one day.

One more thing, the make up of the military people I know aren't from low income families, they are mostly middle class. The make up of the military reflects this country's population and none of us care where you are from since we all work together and get the job done together. Sadly this isn't the case for the general public since they don't have a chance to work with people from all walks of life. Ignorance is everywhere and is the worst "virus" that this world has to deal with. This woman was infected with this virus but there is a cure and some of us have found it.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
In response to those that say Vietnam vets were never spat on....

Let us assume for arguments sake that not a single Vietnam Vet was ever spat on. This is not to say that they were nonetheless given bad treatment. Many Vietnam vets suffered job discrimination. Unlike their fathers who fought in World War II, they did not receive a hero's welcome. Many Vietnam vets did not get the medical and psychological treatment that they needed, or at they reasonably thought they were entitled to. Many anti-war protesters were known to hurl epithets at Vietnam Vets like "baby killer" and such. Thus, even if not a single Vietnam vet was literally spat on, many were figuratively spat on.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I
I see how many will love to see her hang in front of her home.

Pitiful is just pitiful and I am ashame of the support for her demises in many of the post.

Yes charges for doing something wrong she deserves . . . but hinting and wanting her harm by a lynching crow in her own home is just incredible.

Same on you all.

Better yet arrest all the anti war crowd or give away their addresses so the mob take care of them, all in the name of fighting terror.

I bet many will love that one if they show it on national TV for pro war viewing enjoyment.

despicable.

This uncanny willingness to inflict harm on someone without knowing anything first hand and without being even remotely affected neatly explains some of the most bizarre stories i have ever heard of:

Gang stalking and what it says about our society at large

admittedly, a long thread, so read it only if you're genuinely interested.

[edit on 10-12-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
This thread brings up an interesting issue of how much personal responsibility soldiers should take for the blunders of the US government. I am not saying that people should spit on soldiers or that every US soldier has murdered or otherwise directly harmed innocent Iraqis, but we should question whether they are truly blameless. On one hand, many soldiers do not approve of the USA's blunders in Iraq, so they should not be personally blamed for incidents like Abu graib or the killings in Haditha. Many are serving in Iraq against their will and would not serve if they had the option. On the other hand, "just following orders" is not a valid excuse.

Your thoughts?

Soldiers are under obligation to follow all legal orders. There are options available to them, such as CO status.

The military is volunteer, not conscripted.

Regardless, this particualr soldier may have been a medic in a local military hospital, or have never even been in Iraq. No excuse for her actions.

The excuse is that the solidiers are under the name and control of what they volunteered for. They wear it as a badge and serve it. It doesn't matter if they haven't been in Iraq or wherever the accused was because the soldier represents what he/she represents by.

7A

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

Gang stalking and what it says about our society at large

admittedly, a long thread, so read it only if you're genuinely interested.

[edit on 10-12-2006 by Long Lance]

Thanks, I read the thread very interesting and is the right topic to the point I have been trying to make.

I still think that giving away the address of the woman in the news paper had a hidden agenda.

Who needs terrorist and execution squats when is many other ways to target the people we disagree with or we may not like.

Anybody can become a target to any particular group. I wonder who may finance this people so they can have resources to do what they do.

Our nation is turning into a mess of who hates who the more so we keep fighting each other for everything divisions helps target populations easily.

Thanks for that link.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Fort Drum has had some nasty situations in the news recently. Violent assaults, at least one rape, and a fair bit of drunken driving - all stemming from the base (I think).

It's possible, I suppose, that the woman was upset about something else.

Link 1

Seems more likely to me that she was a nutter upset about the war, but I don't know.

[edit on 10-12-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Fort Drum has had some nasty situations in the news recently.

Thanks for bringing more information to this particular case in the thread.

I see now that perhaps is other issue going on that can be or may not be the reason for the woman reactions.

If is political and war related . . . is anything about soldiers or units station in that fort that may have something to do with Abu-Graib and other high media recorded incidents?

It could be also that some soldiers from that particular base has been found guilty in war related incidents.

That will make it war related.

I still think is personal and the poor soldier was in the wrong place at the right time.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Seems more likely to me that she was a nutter upset about the war, but I don't know.

Either way, she's just some dumb prick.

Who the hell goes around spitting on people??? Regardless of what the motive is for it???

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Who the hell goes around spitting on people??? Regardless of what the motive is for it???

Actually quite a few, but why she specifically targeted a soldier from a particular base is what it makes it interesting.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Indeed, I couldn't agree more, it's disgusting.

Some people have no concept of how to act.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Thanks, I read the thread very interesting and is the right topic to the point I have been trying to make.

I still think that giving away the address of the woman in the news paper had a hidden agenda.

Hidden agenda, by who? Did the newspaper have some reason to want her harmed? As someone else pointed out that most local papers run "police blotters" with the local arrests of the week ... for some towns down to the most mundane arrest. These typically include the arrested's name, age, and home address (or at best 500 block of XYZ Street).

I agree giving out someone's address can be dangerous. But what does the newspaper have to gain by purposefully printing her address? I'm guessing it's standard procedure for them.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
First of all this woman's actions were wrong whether she had done this to a soldier, cop or whoever it's wrong. But, it is also wrong to wish harm upon her. Let the law take it's course and deal with her action.

11Bravo and dg it happened and you can both call the reports of Vietnam vets being spit upon an urban legand or BS all you want. Your actions and beliefs in no way change what happened to those soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen when they returned. Like it or not they were spit on, had blood thrown on them and were screamed at and harassed. Tell you what 11Bravo come here to Washington and I will personally introduce you to vets that had that happen to them and then you can tell them they are wrong; it didn't really happen. Let me know when you're ready.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes

11Bravo and dg it happened and you can both call the reports of Vietnam vets being spit upon an urban legand or BS all you want. Your actions and beliefs in no way change what happened to those soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen when they returned.

Page three of this thread and still not one shred of evidence to support the MYTH that returning vietnam vets were spit on.
Surely to God if it WAS happening to all those 'soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen' as you claim, then there would be heaping mounds of evidence, but you and your fellow myth believers cant produce any evidence at all so you resort to saying "IT DID HAPPEN".

I had a date with a Playboy playmate once.
Honest to God, IT DID HAPPEN< but I dont have any pictures, or anything that could even be considered as evidence, but IM telling you IT DID HAPPEN.

So, do you believe it was common thing to spit on soldiers?
Do you think every returning soldier was spit on or only the vets where you live?
Do you have different vets in washington then I have in the Chicago area?
Did all the vets that got spit on go to Washington and all the vets that DIDNT get spit on come to Illinois, is that what happened?
Where was all this spitting taking place anyway? At the airport? At the military bases? Where, I ask, were the civilians allowed to be close enough to returning soldiers that they were spitting on them? Where did this happen? All across the nation? At bus-stops? Shopping malls?
Train depots? Come on man, think about it, where was all this spitting occuring? And who was doing all this spitting?
I bet 99 percent of Americans are like me and would NEVER spit on anybody, for any reason, but the remaining 1 percent are just plain looney tunes and WOULD SPIT ON ANYBODY, not just soldiers.
Were there 'galloping hordes' of mad spitters stationed at every possible place that a soldier might be, waiting day and night just for a chance to spit on a soldier?

Where are the police reports? The magazine articles? The video record of anybody spitting on returning vets? Just give me something, anything to substantiate your claims.

Its called an urban myth for a reason, because nobody knows where it started, or who it actually happened to, but everybody has heard it.

Im 37 years old, I have heard it most my life.
I researched it, and found it to be bunk.
I asked fellow vets, and they all told me it was bunk.
I point out to you folks that there is no evidence to support your claims and all I get is "YES IT DID HAPPEN".
Well where is your evidence?

Like it or not they were spit on, had blood thrown on them and were screamed at and harassed.
I dont like it.
But 'like it or not' I won't believe something happened until I have more than hear-say.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
gallopinghordes.it doesn't matter. He won't believe it. Everyone who said it is lying,for the attention I suppose.Must have been a fun time for ROTC too.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdang
gallopinghordes.it doesn't matter. He won't believe it. Everyone who said it is lying,for the attention I suppose.Must have been a fun time for ROTC too.

Do you have anything to add to this conversation?
Some evidence perhaps? Or is this just a matter of 'he said it, it must be true'?

One of the things I like about ATS is that posters are expected to present evidence to back up their claims.
Whether or not one chooses to believe the evidence presented is another issue, but the fact that no evidence can be produced to substantiate the outrageous claims that returning vietnam vets were spit on is of no concern to you?
You WANT to believe something so the lack of evidence has no effect on you.
Now the real question becomes.... WHY do you want to believe this myth?
WHY would you want to believe something that puts your fellow Americans in a bad light?
**I know the answer to that question, but I think you would get more out of it if you discovered the answer for yourself**

Dont you dare try to address any of the questions in my prior post.
Dont ask yourself who was doing all the spitting, where they were doing this spitting and how they got close enough to returning vets to spit on them in the first place. Dont ask any basic questions, it might force you to think instead of just spouting off at the mouth.

Your myth falls apart upon closer inspection, so you better not look into it, just keep believing.

Are you here to deny ignorance or spread it?

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The woman is scum. First of all, whether the war is right or wrong is irrelevant; soldiers MUST follow orders, even if they believe them to be wrong. Secondly, if the woman wants to blame anyone for the war she should go spitting on government officials and policymakers.

The newspaper is good for releasing her address. And no, it didn't violate her privacy. You see, if you have a first and last name (most folks do) and don't have an unlisted number, your home address is online at a host of websites. As well, your age can be found out, as well as possible relatives, all through free services like Anywho.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Someone quote me already >_> Prove me wrong

7A

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdang
I know I've offered to introduce him to real live vets; isn't that proof for him? Guess not cause well heck he would know they are lying, or mistaken after all.........

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
A person spat on another person's face without being provoked, totally unjustified.

If someone spat in your faces I'm pretty sure that you would be a little more than upset.

It's people like that who test my limits. If she were a he....the soldier would have probably done a bit more than tell the cops...and rightfully so.

She/it was wrong, nuff' said!

[edit on 11/12/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
As someone said, 11Bravo, the internet wasn't around in the early '70's, so it takes a little more effort than just glancing at the first page of your google search to find examples. But there are plenty of them out there. I shouldn't be doing your homework for you, but I'm getting tired of seeing you roll around with glee with the misguided notion that this is only an urban legend. This is from the guy who founded Mailboxes, Etc.:

“The idea is to set the myth straight,” said Jim Amos, a vet and organizer who built Mailboxes Etc. into a billion-dollar company. “We weren’t addicted to drugs, and there were no more atrocities than you see in Iraq right now. Yet when I came home I was spit upon by a crowds yelling obscenities.”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 11-12-2006 by jsobecky]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join