It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syracuse Woman Spits In Soldier's Face

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A Syracuse woman was arrested and charged after spitting in the face of a soldier at a local airport. The incident was without provocation and was witnessed by another soldier.

www.syracuse.com

Woman accused of spitting in soldier's face

A Syracuse woman was charged after a Fort Drum soldier accused her of spitting on him without provocation at Hancock International Airport, Syracuse police said.

Lauren Maggi, 35, of 256 Thurber St., was charged with second-degree harassment after the Nov. 22 incident, according to a police report.

Jason Jones, 21, told police a woman he did not know walked up to him near the United Airlines ticket counter, asked him if he was a Fort Drum solider and, when he responded that he was, spat in his face.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is sad. The same things happened to our soldiers when they returned from Viet Nam. There is no excuse for the actions of these misguided haters. Whatever your opinion of the war, do not take it out on the soldiers.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by jsobecky]

Edit: Title.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I love how the sarycuse newspaper even gives her address away. THat says that even the local citizens of the city think what she did was dispicable and released her address publicaly. I hope people show up at her house wearing belaclavas (so they don't get in trouble)and spit in her face at random times and for no reason. Maybe shackle her to one of those stalks they lock your head and hands into and put her in the towns square so that people can spit on her when they walk by. See how she likes it. What does she do thats so rightious and great that she can spit in the face of someone who is sworn to protect her freedom and in the process watch his friends die in combat as a personal sacrifice.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This thread brings up an interesting issue of how much personal responsibility soldiers should take for the blunders of the US government. I am not saying that people should spit on soldiers or that every US soldier has murdered or otherwise directly harmed innocent Iraqis, but we should question whether they are truly blameless. On one hand, many soldiers do not approve of the USA's blunders in Iraq, so they should not be personally blamed for incidents like Abu graib or the killings in Haditha. Many are serving in Iraq against their will and would not serve if they had the option. On the other hand, "just following orders" is not a valid excuse.

Your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
This thread brings up an interesting issue of how much personal responsibility soldiers should take for the blunders of the US government. I am not saying that people should spit on soldiers or that every US soldier has murdered or otherwise directly harmed innocent Iraqis, but we should question whether they are truly blameless. On one hand, many soldiers do not approve of the USA's blunders in Iraq, so they should not be personally blamed for incidents like Abu graib or the killings in Haditha. Many are serving in Iraq against their will and would not serve if they had the option. On the other hand, "just following orders" is not a valid excuse.

Your thoughts?

Soldiers are under obligation to follow all legal orders. There are options available to them, such as CO status.

The military is volunteer, not conscripted.

Regardless, this particualr soldier may have been a medic in a local military hospital, or have never even been in Iraq. No excuse for her actions.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The woman is a pig.

and is off, definitely off, my christmas list.

A Salute to the soldier, for apparently maintaining his cool..

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Can she be both charged under civilian and military courts?
My father was a vet in Vietnam and he said he and his buddies got spit on alot on the way home from the airport. She should get proscuted to the fullest extent.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

Your thoughts?

Well, since the soldiers usually come from poor social classes, often to protect those of your ilk and are then betrayed by the very people they are sent to protect, no they arent blameless. They shouldnt be so willing to give their lives for a group of people who would not fight for their country even were it absolutely necessary.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

This is sad. The same things happened to our soldiers when they returned from Viet Nam.

Care to back that up with some facts?
From my little bit of research no returning vietnam soldiers were spit upon.
If you could give me a name or a place or anything else to go on I MIGHT believe you.
Its a classic example of an urban legend used to vilify the anti-war movement.
Im not saying your Syracuse story didnt happen, that remains to be seen, but the Vietnam soldiers story is just that, a story.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by 11Bravo]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I got a better option on this already hate filled post against a women that did not kill the soldier or harm him but just spit on him.

Let use the patriot act and call her littler demonstration of free expression and make it a a terrorist act against a soldier take away her citizenship status and then make her an enemy combatant.

Then she can be shipped to one of the secret detentions camps and be torture at will . . . all in the name of fighting terror and for the good of the nation.

Now does that sounds good enough for all of you?

Giving away her address violating her privacy means nothing to any of you for what I see.

No wonder our nation is turning against its own citizens under the umbrella of fighting Bushes war on terror.

People think outside the box for once and pay attention to the warning signs and what our nation is turning into.

She spits anybody - that is wrong.

She spits a soldier - she is felon and she should wear the mark of the beast for her actions and be persecuted by her peers after her address has been shown.

I see how many will love to see her hang in front of her home.

Pitiful is just pitiful and I am ashame of the support for her demises in many of the post.

Yes charges for doing something wrong she deserves . . . but hinting and wanting her harm by a lynching crow in her own home is just incredible.

Same on you all.

Better yet arrest all the anti war crowd or give away their addresses so the mob take care of them, all in the name of fighting terror.

I bet many will love that one if they show it on national TV for pro war viewing enjoyment.

despicable.

When you people are going to understand that our soldier are dying in Iraq not for our freedoms but to protect corporate greed.

Wake up or it will be too late by they time half of this nation find themself fighting their fellow Americans for a war that has nothing to do with us but greed.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

This is sad. The same things happened to our soldiers when they returned from Viet Nam.

If you could give me a name or a place or anything else to go on I MIGHT believe you.
Its a classic example of an urban legend used to vilify the anti-war movement.
Im not saying your Syracuse story didnt happen, that remains to be seen, but the Vietnam soldiers story is just that, a story.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by 11Bravo]

Your dispicable, My father came home after vietnam and landed in california only to be spit on by a long haired hippy. There is no need to vilify some of the anti war movement, some of these people are pretty sick in how they go about pushing their views. But i guess I can no more prove this to you than I can of anything so you will just believe what fits into your cute little world view.

[edit on 12/9/2006 by JackJuice]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

Its a classic example of an urbal legend used to vilify the anti-war movement.

Here go the Kerry type liberals defending this pos's actions.

Well it did happen,and more than once.But as usual liberal types will deny the truth.Were you even born during Vietnam?Just because you can't find a newspaper story does not make it an "urban legend" I do remember,soldiers being hit with eggs,spit on,changing out of their uniform on the plane to avoid the crowds of righteous protesters waiting for them at the airports. Your smug comment "that remains to be seen" like it is another "urban legend" shows you will never believe,what more proof do you want? or does it have to happen right in front of you??

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdang

Here go the Kerry type liberals defending this pos's actions.

Well it did happen,and more than once.But as usual liberal types will deny the truth.Were you even born during Vietnam?Just because you can't find a newspaper story does not make it an "urban legend" I do remember,soldiers being hit with eggs,spit on,changing out of their uniform on the plane to avoid the crowds of righteous protesters waiting for them at the airports. Your smug comment "that remains to be seen" like it is another "urban legend" shows you will never believe,what more proof do you want? or does it have to happen right in front of you??

Yeah, next they will by denying that Vietnam never happened and it's all a 40 year conspiracy to force our way into Iraq.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You people still do not grasp the point,

One thing is to see the whole incident by a wrong doing

Another one by wanting the demise and death by either lynching, stoning this woman, giving away her address so a mob can invaded her home and punish her any way they want because is OK.

Still you don't get it.

I see how easily this nation population will turn into each other just to satisfy a fetish.

Pity.

Two wars fought for the wrong reasons do not make a right of calling for the harm, death and invasion of somebody's home.

I lost an uncle in Vietnam and I was a child during the 60s and I remember the result of that war.

Still I am no calling for the harm of somebody that did a wrong and should be charge by law but not with going into her home and an invade her privacy.

That is shameful and a wake up call of how low America is falling under the Bush administration war.

Is despicable when the population of our nation gets into that type of thinking.

And to say that American is a Christian nation when people supports this line of thought.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You people still do not grasp the point,

One thing is to see the whole incident by a wrong doing

Another one by wanting the demise and death by either lynching, stoning this woman, giving away her address so a mob can invaded her home and punish her any way they want because is OK.

Still you don't get it.

I see how easily this nation population will turn into each other just to satisfy a fetish.

Pity.

Two wars fought for the wrong reasons do not make a right of calling for the harm, death and invasion of somebody's home.

I lost an uncle in Vietnam and I was a child during the 60s and I remember the result of that war.

Still I am no calling for the harm of somebody that did a wrong and should be charge by law but not with going into her home and an invade her privacy.

That is shameful and a wake up call of how low America is falling under the Bush administration war.

Is despicable when the population of our nation gets into that type of thinking.

And to say that American is a Christian nation when people supports this line of thought.

I don't know who your trying to lecture but i agree with you that they should of never gave her address away. What she did makes my blood boil but she still deserves to keep her address private. I don't agree with any vigilante justice at worse i hope she is just scorned for her actions but not physically hurt.

I'm not going to debate the merits of this war, personally i thought we should never of gone into Iraq we had a trump card and it was a mistake to use it on sadaam when the clear threat was then and is now Iran. Iran's the reason this war in Iraq is going so poorly for us.

As to America being a christian nation, this is slowly becoming Not the case. Radicalism and sensationalism are becoming very popular these days.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
JackJuice,

No, I am not lecturing you, but just one particular post. We are a civilize nation with laws.

A wrong is a wrong no matter what, but the law takes care of it.

My point is that giving away this woman address is a very good indicator that no only violates her safety but it was done with an intention.

The intention that some group will take matters into their hands and cause harm.

Also to punish her with th scorn of society. This makes it no better than having a lynching mob at her home to brand her for everybody to see.

I find this very dangerous to our society, when is people that wants to instigate divisions and fight between Americans citizens.

And we are supposed to be better than the people we are bringing the fight on terror to their lands?

That is my point.

Still a wrong is a wrong and should be deal with no by a lynching mob but the law.

The christian issue is very simple, we are fighting the middle east and they are mostly muslin how can we be instigating violence against our own citizens while claiming that we are people of compasion while preaching that the people we are fighting have none.

Plain and simple.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
When she spit on a soldier she didn't just disgrace an individual she made a politcal statement, the responce is of course going to be politically inspired. I understand that our nation is slowly being torn apart and segregated and galvanized against each other. However, this is nothing new really to our history.

As for public scorn, i believe it is far more humane than a physical attack. But again we agree that her address should never have been givin out.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice

As for public scorn, i believe it is far more humane than a physical attack. But again we agree that her address should never have been giving out.

The soldier will be fine, probably he will get a test for hepatitis or other diseases because it was after all bodily fluids.

But her now . . . probably after having her address for public knowledge will need protection, if she feels that her live could be in danger.

That will cost the city money.

Probably she will end up suing somebody for something, the case will end on just harassment and a fine, harassment means she can no be near or around the person she spit on, unless somebody wants to make a statement (probably politically) and add another charge to it, because it was a soldier.

But still this brings some issues of how we react as a society on what we may agree or disagree with.

Thanks for understanding my point.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The soldier will be fine, probably he will get a test for hepatitis or other diseases because it was after all bodily fluids.

But her now . . . probably after having her address for public knowledge will need protection, if she feels that her live could be in danger.

That will cost the city money.

Probably she will end up suing somebody for something, the case will end on just harassment and a fine, harassment means she can no be near or around the person she spit on, unless somebody wants to make a statement (probably politically) and add another charge to it, because it was a soldier.

But still this brings some issues of how we react as a society on what we may agree or disagree with.

Thanks for understanding my point.

I love America!

I digress tis a one line post but i believe that it deserves merit on content alone!

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

JackJuice,

No, I am not lecturing you, but just one particular post. We are a civilize nation with laws.

A wrong is a wrong no matter what, but the law takes care of it.

My point is that giving away this woman address is a very good indicator that no only violates her safety but it was done with an intention.

The intention that some group will take matters into their hands and cause harm.

Also to punish her with th scorn of society. This makes it no better than having a lynching mob at her home to brand her for everybody to see.

I find this very dangerous to our society, when is people that wants to instigate divisions and fight between Americans citizens.

And we are supposed to be better than the people we are bringing the fight on terror to their lands?

That is my point.

Still a wrong is a wrong and should be deal with no by a lynching mob but the law.

The christian issue is very simple, we are fighting the middle east and they are mostly muslin how can we be instigating violence against our own citizens while claiming that we are people of compasion while preaching that the people we are fighting have none.

Plain and simple.

Wrong,the address was not given out for the reasons you want it to be.I think it comes off the police log,anyone arrested has their info on the log and it's public record.what you are saying is that her crime is "political" and she should be treated differently.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rdang
Wrong,the address was not given out for the reasons you want it to be.I think it comes off the police log,anyone arrested has their info on the log and it's public record.what you are saying is that her crime is "political" and she should be treated differently.

Rdang is absolutely right. Look at the source, marg; it is a local newspaper. I can cut and paste Police/Fire logs from my own local newspapers and show where addresses are commonly printed in almost all the local towns.

So could you, marg, so I don't really know what you are trying to defend here. Esp. when you're always so proud of your husband's service to his country.

As for 11Bravo's question, all I can say is the average age of the member on ATS must be getting younger every day...:shk:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join