It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone using Outlook for their ATS email account?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If so , please u2 me.

I need to make sure my properties are correct because I can receive messages but for some reason I can't send messages...

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Who is you internet service provider??? It may have something to do with that. there was a thread on this a little while ago, i'll try and find it for you.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I had the same problem you have had, Illmatic, but in Eudora. The SSL fix that William suggested did it for me.

Did you try that? Is it easy to find the 'turn off SSL' function for Outlook, or no?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
MA can you please help me turn of SSL. I have this problem and have not been able to fix it.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
For Eudora:

Tools/Options/Sending Mail/click down arrow on Secure Sockets When Receiving (Or Sending)/select Never.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well I am looking at it right now.

There's a check box for outgoing mail (smtp) and incoming mail (pop3) that say this serve requires a secure connection (SSL) but those boxes are not checked..

I can receive mail, but I can't send mail.

and there is a box next to outgoing mail (smtp) and it has 25 in the box and for incoming mail it has 110....

does anyone use outlook? if so you can check these numbers for me...

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I use Outlook, but generally only ATS email address for use as a mail collector and redirector,..

You know, secret mail from ATS and Seti, in case the feds pilfer the database.

I will try to send one thru, and see how it goes.
(never tried this yet)

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Well I am looking at it right now.

There's a check box for outgoing mail (smtp) and incoming mail (pop3) that say this serve requires a secure connection (SSL) but those boxes are not checked..

I can receive mail, but I can't send mail.

and there is a box next to outgoing mail (smtp) and it has 25 in the box and for incoming mail it has 110....

does anyone use outlook? if so you can check these numbers for me...

Ill, I'm using Outlook for my email account here, and my settings are just as you said above.
Do you have both your incoming and outgoing mail servers set to mail.abovetopsecret.com (or mail.denyignorance.com)? This is in the "servers" tab of the account properties screen.

-B.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well mine works, and was scanned for spam and virri, per the statement.

Makes me wonder if your mail out is failing the spam or virii scan test.

Also make sure your pop and smtp address is correct...admin should verify this but it is the same for both boxes, server address that was sent to you when you got it..

Also...no SSL...and the numbers I left default when I made the account.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Ill, I'm using Outlook for my email account here, and my settings are just as you said above.
Do you have both your incoming and outgoing mail servers set to mail.abovetopsecret.com (or mail.denyignorance.com)? This is in the "servers" tab of the account properties screen.

-B.

Yep, I do.

How about in general tab... what do you have put for reply address?

and in servers , what do you have for account name?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
On mine I have entered the email address,

in every box in the General tab.

and check the box on the bottom for mail syncronizing.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Yep, I do.

How about in general tab... what do you have put for reply address?

and in servers , what do you have for account name?

My reply address is blank in "general"
That's just to specify if you want replies to go to a different account than the one you're sending from.
In "servers" for account name, I have the account name that came in my U2U when I bought this thing -- banshee.denyignorance.
At the bottom of "servers" for "outgoing mail server," is the box checked? Check it, click the settings button next to it, and check "use same settings as my incoming mail server."

-B.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Nope, it still doesn't work... This sucks

This is the error I get:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Lucho', Server: 'mail.abovetopsecret.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I dont have the email account.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Curious on who you have for an ISP..

they may be blocking outbound email that isnt of your isp account address

thru the port 25

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by smirkley]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have MSN for ISP...

I made a thread about MSN in the belowtopsecret board.

For some reason when I sign on it won't really sign in.. It also has errors and it goes through several attempts to sign on but it doesn't sign, but I connect to internet

Ever this has happened I now all of a sudden can't check my hotmail email, I can't play yahoo games, I can't check my cell phone invoice, I can't do anything private like that... java won't run on my computer now, etc.... can it be cuz of MSN?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Nope, it still doesn't work... This sucks

This is the error I get:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Lucho', Server: 'mail.abovetopsecret.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Do you have your password for the mail server entered?
I'm almost out of ideas here.

I found this link about the error you're getting. It's for another email provider, but maybe it can help you get it figured out?

-B.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I have MSN for ISP...

I made a thread about MSN in the belowtopsecret board.

For some reason when I sign on it won't really sign in.. It also has errors and it goes through several attempts to sign on but it doesn't sign, but I connect to internet

Ever this has happened I now all of a sudden can't check my hotmail email, I can't play yahoo games, I can't check my cell phone invoice, I can't do anything private like that... java won't run on my computer now, etc.... can it be cuz of MSN?

It is sounding more and more like some file is corrupted,...windows or outlook, or a bad msn interface install.

Your connect problems, java, and outlook, are different progs but run via windows.

I hate to even suggest uninstalling these things or re-installing windows..

top topics

join