It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about the little children???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

By Doug Beazley, SUN MEDIA
“These are all children of war,” said Fauzia S. Assifi, 57, an Afghan civil servant who works with International Orphan Care, a non-profit out of California trying to feed, clothe and educate Afghanistan’s estimated 1.5 million war orphans.

On Thursday, we joined Assifi as she distributed boxes of hand-knitted sweaters, hats and mittens to street children around Kabul’s market centre. With the mercury hovering below minus 15 C in daylight, these children still swarmed the streets begging for morsels or change - many of them to feed their own brothers and sisters.

The kids know Assifi well, and it was a mob scene when she showed up. She handed me a pile of clothes and told me, briskly, to get to work. The children, aged anywhere from four to 14, pressed close around us, bickering and laughing as they tried on their colourful new acrylics, swapping them and fighting over the popular ones.

1.5 million orphans. nice work george bush. democracy rocks!

mod edit: cut down quote to 3 paragraphs as its maximum allowed and awaiting source link.

[edit on 9-12-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wow. I don't even know how to respond.
Children are such a soft spot for me.
What a horrible visual, all of those poor children trying to survive on their own. There's just no silver lining for this story. It really makes you think.......

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here's an idea. Why don't you embrace ignorance and blame all the consequences of the war on George Bush, like a typical oaf?

Oops, you already did. It's surprising to find people on a conspiracy site that are naive enough to honestly believe that the President and Congress actually control the government.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The numbers are not a surprise, actually I will like to find out how many children are included within the Casualties of war.

The children if they get to grow up and become adult before hunger, famine, diseases and killings get them first . . .

Will be the adults of the future that will remember how their country was turned into a war zone by invading forces from the west.

Pity, they will become the fighting force for the future . . .

And still our president thinks that is hope with Iraq, I wonder how many children are right now in Iraq that lost their parents also, probably more than in Afghanistan.

His war is making the future martyrs

[edit on 8-12-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Nice job President Bush! You ripped a country apart in every way possible! If you intended to bring more suffering to this world I think it's safe to say you scored an A+.

Sick.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
Here's an idea. Why don't you embrace ignorance and blame all the consequences of the war on George Bush, like a typical oaf?

Oops, you already did. It's surprising to find people on a conspiracy site that are naive enough to honestly believe that the President and Congress actually control the government.

So let's point fingers at nothing then? There is conspiracy and then there is lunacy. Who could possibly be controlling the government? I'm all for discussion on that topic (elsewhere), but until I see some form of evidence that will lead me to believe the American president is a pawn in some twisted game of chess, I will blame and continue to blame the one who started this whole mess.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish
So let's point fingers at nothing then? There is conspiracy and then there is lunacy. Who could possibly be controlling the government?

Iraq and the middle east was Bush idea for his campaign in the beginning, 9/11 made possible for him to go in a crusade but the profiteers of war were the ones to make most out of it and pushed the invading of Iraq issue.

Yes is hidden forces but Bush wanted to make an issue of the middle east first.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
children are always the ultimate victims of war. Whether it be in Afghanistan, Iraq or even Sudan, it is children who end up being voiceless, overlooked and eventually exploited.

instead of blaming Bush or anyone else for what is already done and cannot be undone, the question that should be asked by anyone reading and affected by this thread and story is what can I do or how can I help?

yeah so what about the little children? Are you doing anything to help them? Passing blame to our politicians will not change their lives, they are not affected by our bickering, but a simple little sweater, hat or pocket change can change their lives. So think about what you can do for the little children and do it.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
children are the victims but they are also the next generation and what happens to them now will stay with them through out their lives.
those who have lost their familes thanks to american forces or by sucide bombers will have to live with that and with that they will have hate.

its a great a way this generation is distroying the hopes of the next generation

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What does one say about something so sad!

I also have a really soft spot for children! As World Watcher so perfectly stated it, Children are always the victums of war. They will always live in the shadow of the decidions powerful leaders make.

I've piched in when and where I can: food drives, clothing drives, monitary donation ect. However, sometime I wonder if it will be enough.

The big question is, can we do more? Anyone have any ideas?

Tim

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If they survive, they will be growing up in a land polluted with depleted uranium and their children and children's children ad almost infinitum will be feeling the consequences of this war.

Children and women, are they orphaned because their mothers are dead or sold into the sex slavery market that has boomed since the war.

The UN only recognized rape as a war crime in the 90's.

Some of those children may be the rejected products of rape or the economically induced prostitution war brings about for widows and young women. Some very sad stories coming out of Vietnam on that one.

War wouldn't be so attractive to bullies if they realized it was mensturation envy.

Give men some other blood ritual to occupy their need for sacrifice and stop making war orphans.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Talk about destroying hope and rape.Lets not forget those who rape,kill and commit genocide as a way of life. Funny how the US is blamed as the root of all evil,while the real evil is ignored.

Link:www.amnestyusa.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
bush was the guy who said we are going to iraq, bush was the guy who said we are going to war with iraq. war means children will die or be left homeless.

i can tell you for sure, bush is not making iraq any better as it used to be.

new topics

top topics

join