It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

psychics- a challenge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I was thinking about psychic ability, and wanted to try something out. I think I could cold read someone on this website with as much accuracy as a psychic. many scientific tests have not proved the exsistence of esp, this is not to say it cant happen. I am open minded but I think cold reading would be as accurate.
what do you think?
Any psychics want to try?
Anyone good at cold reading( making predictions about people and assertaining facts by guessing) I am not trying to catch people out.
Does proximity matter? I am really interested...

although I want to include this as a conspiracy related subject as i think so called cold reading will be as good if not better. I dont want to piss people off
in the paranormal forum, I think it will be more subjective here.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What do you suggest?

I think you have a good idea here.

some similar ideas have been discussed in past around here but no formal or substantial effort resulted.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I suck at cold reading, but I'd be willing to try for you. I don't know if what I've tried before was actually cold reading, it was doing a reading of a friend of a friend, a person I'd never met, all I had was a name and location to go off of. In that instance, I found that proximity played a pretty good sized part for me, I'm not very accurate at much over 20 miles. I'm not a remote viewer, yet.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
But highly unlikely you would ever be able to read another psychic persons thoughts..especially one with strong mind discipline. But this could get interesting nonetheless

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I recently met my match. It went beyond reading thoughts & that's with purposeful strong mind discipline.

An analogy would be going in thinking the person could only strip away your topsoil but instead it was more like one of those huge cranes that were able to dig practically to the core.

I'm not able to give details. Let's just say I was deeply humbled by a recent experience & my arrogance was blasted away for underestimating what was to come.

So I think I've had my psychic fill for awhile.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
But highly unlikely you would ever be able to read another psychic persons thoughts..especially one with strong mind discipline. But this could get interesting nonetheless

Im not psychic, read my thoughts please.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I am open minded but I think cold reading would be as accurate.
what do you think?

You're assuming that cold reading and true psychic interpretation are the same thing.... True, many cold-readers pass themselves off as psychics. Even more, still are truly gifted, but use cold-reading in tandem with other tricks (such as info plants) as well as psychic interpretation (John Edwards is a prime example)... However, there are also genuine psychics out there as well.

From those I've met, and my own experiences...proximity does matter. The reason, is that you need to see and feel the subjects aura (whether you believe in it or not...doesn't change that it's there)...and also use empathic ability to sense what the other person is subconsciously telling you. This can't be done arbitrarily over the net.

You can try the experiment, but I can already predict (pardon the pun) the results. The cold reading will likely have a pretty good hit rate (which may even appear amazing...), but a true reading, in the presence of a true psychic, will have an even better hit rate....

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
well if we want to do it we need to set out some guide lines and criteria to make it a fair test, althougfh after futher thought I think gazrok has a point it will be difficult. Any suggestions for a format/ guidelines for it?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I know a fair test...

pick a number between 1 and 5

(LMAO)

top topics

join