It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of Psychic / Paranormal powers?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
" Or they would have slapped some handcuffs on them because they knew about the event prior to it happening. "

oh please,If I had this imaginary power to see future events and saw horrible visions of planes hitting the towers.There are anonymous phone numbers to the police you can call.they are called Tip lines,every police station in North America has this.If I had information of this event happening very soon I would have phoned in saying something about the buildings would soon be hit by a bomb or by an airplane(even better).Would not give my name or say it was a "vision".They would defenitely take this call bloody seriously.Just try giving a bomb threat anywhere like this,you will see how fast the police react.Shame on you Psychics ,really.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
alex jones took an educated guess for 911 and was rite. he told people to call people in power to warn them that it was going to happen..
you don't hear much from those people who were on the other line saying "yeah sure, your crazy" and hung up the phone.

maybe people do call, but do people take them seriously?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ok I do have an open mind if someone can show just a little proof like what you say about this Alex Jones guy.Can you provide a news Link or some other link that the police knew ahead of time that some people phoned in with warnings?I have never seen any news clips to verify that anyone called to warn.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by mistr_b2]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Was posted a while ago and has nothing to do with the paranormal. I saw the video. It looked geniune, but may still have been fake. If he did know beforehand, it's because of his constant research in conspiracies and current events.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Something Smells, asks "What's the point of Psychic Powers..."

maybe it's just the evolution of brain/mind and another trait called Diversity within the species?!
? what's the point of Savants or of Morons even?...there's no point!
There's only the condition!~

? What's with your notion that persons [blessed/cursed] with a certain enhanced psyche strength,
are required to be Altruistic & Benovelent??

? although the thread is taking twists & turns, i sense that S.S.
is actually sifting & screening the sandbox of ATS'ers for a 'psychic'
that sees thru the smokescreen put-down of psychics in general as
'Pseudo'-psychics, con artists, self-engrossed hubris, etc etc

which ties in with several posts by;

Mistr_b2, who notes that Nostradamus is the one person of merit
who came close...(to a 9-11? psychic prediction)

from what i understand of M Nostradamus, was that he converted to Catholicism
because? of the inquisition on heretics & jews...?
So he curried the favor of the Aristocrat class with his 'Quartains' and presenting mesmerising parlor tricks
so as to avail himself of the elites monies & hospitalities & friendships...
(hardly an altruistic pattern of bahavior for a man blessed with psychic powers)

M Nostradamus strength was in 'Scrying"
not in mind reading or tele-kinetics or any of the other talents/strengths of a psychic nature.

Then Earthscum informs us that "seeing the 9-11 event in '95..."

i wrote about my '95 experience in earlier threads, i always knew/felt that 1995 was a very influential period
in the currents of this particular time-line, perhaps a topic of pre-9/11 psychic stirrings in '95 might be useful?
having seen 6 arab men at flight school @ N Scottsdale airpark,
a friend called 'Viktor' sent a tip-letter to the Phoenix FBI(May 1995) that the arab men were to become
a cadre of zealot, martyr pilots in the future, so check all flight schools
in the USA with anti-terrorism/counter-intelligence agents!
of course no action was ever taken, As the 'tip letter' was from a ?Whacko?...
probably trashed as there's no FOIA documentation of a 1995 'tip'
that arabs intended to pilot planes into U.S. targets)

there was nothing Psychic involved, i was told, the idea of arab zealots
was just a natural escalation from the simple hijacking of planes since the '60-'70s

thanks for listening Something Smells

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistr_b2
" Or they would have slapped some handcuffs on them because they knew about the event prior to it happening. "

Just try giving a bomb threat anywhere like this,you will see how fast the police react.Shame on you Psychics ,really.

I dont think thats sound advice. A bomb threat (fake or otherwise) is considered a crime and you can go to jail for calling one in.

Also I see no reason to shame &/or mock the people who are only giving you their honest opinions in an open discussion forum.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
" Also I see no reason to shame &/or mock the people who are only giving you their honest opinions in an open discussion forum."

Yes I agree ,sorry about that ,sometimes my manners just go out the window when I feel passionate about my point of view.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

" Also I see no reason to shame &/or mock the people who are only giving you their honest opinions in an open discussion forum."

Yes I agree ,sorry about that ,sometimes my manners just go out the window when I feel passionate about my point of view.

Hey Mistr no problem!

I am passionate too about what I believe in but I usually am open to changing my opinions if something better comes along.

I am not sure if I read anywhere what your Psi experiences have been, but I believe if you could experience some Psi Phenom for yourself then you would believe in it. I believe in that proverb.. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

I would be happy to explain how to practice some Psi or do an experiment with you on the IM sometime if you wish. I am sometimes good at sending thoughts, I can try sending some to you, and you can send me some too. It helps if both people are willing, accepting and openminded.

Archie Bunker once said 'an open mind is a good place to dump trash'. But it can be a good place to dumpster dive and find treasure too.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by DeeplyAwake]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I for one do believe in higher sentience, which to me is the same as psychic abilities. One thing that convinced me the most is Remote Viewing. I was very skeptical about this until I tried it myself. I even have past evidence of it being done here in the forum. But it's not concrete. This is a grey area that, to this point, we only have speculation.
And that's the problem.
Science seems to avoid this subject because there's not really much to go by. Plus the fact that many have turned this into a business that pulls in gullible people, which often say what they wish to hear. And personally I believe anyone can do it if they try it.

PS. And for your information I do believe that some of these self proclaimed psychics who think very highly of themselves are often just wackjobs looking for attention.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
" I am not sure if I read anywhere what your Psi experiences have been, but I believe if you could experience some Psi Phenom for yourself then you would believe in it. I believe in that proverb.. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Well,while I am highly skeptical,my mother has always had bad feelings about certain places.She would often tell me to forget about my planned night or a cetain destination that I was planning to visit.I would sometimes ignore her and end up in some trouble,then she would say,told you.It was only a few times I remember with me but some other people she was right more than a few times.I just regard it as womans intuition,rather than ESP.Some woman can feel that a person is a bad person(like some of my past friends)She would tell me dont hang out with that person or you will be sorry.I would just get annoyed that she worries too much.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I for one do believe in higher sentience, which to me is the same as psychic abilities. One thing that convinced me the most is Remote Viewing. I was very skeptical about this until I tried it myself. I even have past evidence of it being done here in the forum. But it's not concrete. This is a grey area that, to this point, we only have speculation.
And that's the problem.

*Thats interesting laiguana, I would be game if ATS would be willing to try another experiment with it again.

My friend talked to a tester that gets high scores at RV and he asked her how much she can see when she Remote Views. It surprised him when she replied that she could see only bits and pieces, a line here and there, some colors maybe. The rest is following the clues and guesswork. This woman btw is a woman of means, she has searched all over looking for only the best remote viewing psychics who could educate her. She has read every book on the subject. And yet she can only see bits and pieces.

My friend and I on the other hand, have both seen entire pictures on the screen. Not all the time mind you. Its a treat when it happens. Sometimes the picture goes by in a flash, sometimes we see it way in advance, sometimes its like a foggy cloud is over it and the cloud is blown away in whisps until the whole picture is revealed. Sometimes it is way out of scale, much too large, or small as a stamp.

We also usually can only see bits and pieces but we know there is more and it is very real. Sometimes its a very nice chunk of the puzzle that we see, for instance on one I saw only a red feather and a blue sky, so when I had a choice between several pictures I picked the one of the red parrot with the blue sky behind him. You learn to intrepret these little clues and find out what your brain is trying to tell you, when little clues is all you get.

Science seems to avoid this subject because there's not really much to go by. Plus the fact that many have turned this into a business that pulls in gullible people, which often say what they wish to hear. And personally I believe anyone can do it if they try it.

*Yes so do I. And sometimes the newcomers will get complete pictures right away. It partially depends upon how much you can clear your mind and allow the picture to come to you. Also, I am not always in the mood for it because sometimes it is a little scary for me, like going into the 'Dead Zone'. Energy thats coming in and is out of my control and that feels alive. I have to be in an adventerous, accepting mood.

[PS. And for your information I do believe that some of these self proclaimed psychics who think very highly of themselves are often just wackjobs looking for attention.

*I don't always know who/what to believe, because I feel reality isn't a fixed thing at all and is very different from person to person. There are lots of things I am still looking for an explanation for. I am sure some of the things that happened to me could be Non Psi or coincidental, but some things I am still trying to understand. I have never read a book on the subject or gone to any classes, or to see any psychics, except my psi partner. What knowledge I have came from hands on experiences. I dont know if I personally think very highly of myself, because if everyone was doing it, I might only be a C student..lol. But to have had any cool Psi experiences happen to me, or to have control over any of this at all (at any time, even for a minute) is fullfilling. And I highly encourage everyone to stretch their wings and try.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   

" I am not sure if I read anywhere what your Psi experiences have been, but I believe if you could experience some Psi Phenom for yourself then you would believe in it.

Well,while I am highly skeptical,my mother has always had bad feelings about certain places.She would often tell me to forget about my planned night or a cetain destination that I was planning to visit.I would sometimes ignore her and end up in some trouble,then she would say,told you.It was only a few times I remember with me but some other people she was right more than a few times.I just regard it as womans intuition,rather than ESP.Some woman can feel that a person is a bad person(like some of my past friends)She would tell me dont hang out with that person or you will be sorry.I would just get annoyed that she worries too much.

Hi Mistr, I think a womans intuition is valid Psi. I think mothers may be naturally given it to help protect their young and people they care about. And I know from personal experience that fathers can also have it. Its just sensitivity in men is even more discouraged than it is with woman.

What about your own intuition? The apple doesnt usually fall far from the tree.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If you are up for some remote viewing tests, I'll certainly go for it. Basically how it was conducted in this forum was by giving a numerical name for the image associated to it and using that to determine what the image is.
I for whatever reason managed to get it right the first time. But I don't always get it right. The thing is the you have be as specific as possible. Otherwise it's not considered reliable evidence.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sorry to "hijack" this thread again but if someone asks me a question, I feel obligated to respond. To: Deeplyawake,
While my mother has strong womans intuition,I feel like I do have extremely good power of observation.No ESP or anything,just able to see things that other people may miss.In pictures,finding stuff that others lost,solving puzzles of any kind(My mom loves this too,she has hundreds of crossword puzzles and game puzzles).I think, I would be a great murder investigator or police detective.Perhaps,I should look into this more as a career.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

If someone had a vision,the most powerful vision would have been huge 747 airplanes hitting both buildings.In that case the airport security could have gone on alert and stopped the entire disaster.The government already knew that something was brewing but did not know when or where. If just 1 psychic said they had a vision about airplanes crashing in the Towers,yes of course the government would have stopped it.You psychics should all be ashamed of your self. Didn't see it coming.

Psychics saw it coming. Unfortunatley general consensus of the population tells us our perceptions are a invalid, and cannot be trusted. So, since we are not believed, because people value money more so than our truth, we decided to will humanity into predicting it for us, but alas, humanity still failed to react accordingly, perhaps humanity failed because they have no perceptive power.

Shame on humanity.

Well to me, failing the psi test would simply mean they failed because they have no perceptive power.

And yet, there was the truth, in everyones hands. And yet, no one came forth to stop it, not even you.

Look at American currency, (before 9-11, 2001).

Fold American currency from the year 2000 like an airplane.
a $5 shows the two towers standing with two airplane figures heading towards both towers.
a $10 shows the tower on the right struck and smoking.
a $20 shows the both towers struck and smoking.
a $50 shows the tower on the left has fallen, smoldering rubble, while the tower on the right still stands smoking.
a $100 shows both towers fallen and two smoldering rubble piles.

So, everyone with american currency in hand prior to 9-11 had the entire sequence of the towers falling available years prior to the towers falling, and had they been paying attention to the currency they worship, then perhaps they would have seen the story was fortold.

Again, the bills were: 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100. Folded lengthwise with the backside facing outwards, and inverted to a point (like an oblisk, or airplane). And lay them out in sequential order, and you will see how the entire collapse of the WORLD TRADE CENTER TOWERS was fortold in the very same thing people say they value most, and most certainly had in hand years prior to the actuall event.

While my mother has strong womans intuition,I feel like I do have extremely good power of observation.No ESP or anything,just able to see things that other people may miss.In pictures,finding stuff that others lost,solving puzzles of any kind

Well, it seems you may have dropped the ball in regards to the entire american currency showing in sequential order, and predicting the World Trade Center Terrorist Attacks. Perhaps since the whole "psychic ESP" thing is not even a possibility, this may negate your claims of having "an extreme good power of observation, and being able to see things that other people may miss ....", since you failed to notice the numerous clues left for you throughout your shared reality.

What do you think the odds are that folding Five different currency notes the same way show the progressive sequential order of 9-11, years prior to the attack?

Why didn't your powers of observation and perception notice it? Perhaps it is just a fluke coincidence?

When was the last time a building was hit by a plane in New York?
October 11th, 2006?
10 11 06 = 101106. Upside down = 901101. (9-11-01?).

Perhaps just another "coincidence"?

My point is, perhaps people were supplied with more than enough opportunities to not disregard truth, but their "opinions" dictate that there is no truth in coincidences, and their opinions also dictate that what i mention above is nothing more than coincidence, not worthy of focussed observation, nor worthy of burning calories to "percieve". I mean why bother? It's all just coincidence anyways, right?

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't mean to derail this post further, but 9/11 could have easily been predicited without any psychic powers. If you look at terrorism prior to 9/11 you would have realized that. I made a report in my sophmore year of highschool about terrorism, and how it has effected many other countries in the world. It would only be a matter of time before the U.S. would join the list. And walla two years later it happened.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ok Teacher,your dollar bill folding theory,while mildly amusing...folding a hundred dollar bill like a paper airplane?Who the hell would ever do this?
If you knew it why did you not warn anyone?The points you make there are like a joke,you have not convinced me one little bit.The only reason I came back here was because I just had a strange experience myself that would possibly make me consider that I could be wrong.I fell asleep a few hours ago while watching TV,left the TV on.I had these strange nightmares.I normally don't dream about anything that makes sense and nightmares are very rare for me.
This nightmare I was having was in a house I have never seen before.In the dream there is a strange laughing sound that echoes very loud by an unseen voice.My father who I have not seen for a few years suddenly comes in the room yelling at the window that is over my bed in this house I have never seen before.My Dad starts nailing wood to cover up window.I wake up and there is a huge bright yellow spider beside my face on the wall.It sensed that I was awake some how. My first thought was to hit it.It ran so fast around a corner and up to my real window above bed,before i had a chance to react(spidy sense?).How did it know what I thought?How did I know to wake up?also, it vanished at window after I turned the light on,I could not kill it.Possibly there is something to ESP after all,this just freaked me out so much ,I had to post.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Ok Teacher,your dollar bill folding theory,while mildly amusing...folding a hundred dollar bill like a paper airplane?Who the hell would ever do this?

Psychics would, and did.

If you knew it why did you not warn anyone?

I tried. People thought my theory was mildly amusing and asked me who the hell would think to fold the money that way in the first place.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
ok Teacher,you seem really cool,good come back

[edit on 16-12-2006 by mistr_b2]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
There are repeated verifiable scientific experiments that show psychic phenomena to be real. You just have to look!!!

www.princeton.edu...

Thanks for the link, more stoff to read.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join