It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirates crack Vista Activation Server

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Vista is available for home users. I have to redeem my upgrade before March 31 2007. By then I'm fairly sure I'll have made the switch to LINUX SUSE. (There are many but of the three I tested SUSE is the one I liked most).

I have two versions of XP on two different machines. One cost 125+taxes (15% in BC) and the other is XP Media and goes for over 250+taxes...it's ridiculous given the number of flaws and faults and security risks built in to M$ products.

For what the software costs you'd expect a near flawless bit of software.

LINUX is free though you can buy boxed sets that are sweet! But pricey...

...anyway...Microsoft sets itself up...leaves more than enough room for improvement. So we just keep shelling out money for upgrades that shouldn't even be required...IMO.

LINUX is extremely stable, reliable and functional and SUSE looks nice too

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
20 years from now...

This just in, a Joint Venture between Sony and Microsoft have finally found a failsafe copy protection scheme based on Quantum Encryption.

1 Month Later...

This just in, Hackers have Cracked supposedly Unbreakable Copy Protection, Sony Engineers commit Hari Kari in shame and Microsoft Engineers get Disemboweled, Drawn and Quartered for their failure.

This is the way it will always be.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Activation is a joke and a pain for anyone who buys software.
Pirates will always have their software free, why torture everyone else...its a hassle period. Maybe they will learn to stop the activation. (No, soon we will have to activate our cars to drive down certain highways, etc.
the sillyness of control will always go on.)

That aside, Im not upgrading to Vista...no, I prefer to upgrade to a software that does not require my activation...OSX Leopard when it comes out.
In all fairness, I will not be upgrading from a windows platform though...it will be from OSx Tiger.

Having been a former New Media Video Producer I have worked both Mac and PC, dont really see a need for Windows...though my father and sister seem to have a hard time getting hold of a Mac, so to each their own, I suppose.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PisTonZOR

Oh by the way guys, for the record, a properly set up Windows XP rig will be pretty much 100% secure. I've run my rig for 1, 1/2 years without a single virus. Heh... Don't even have a virus scan.

After over 20 years of computing experience, much of that professional, I have to agree with you statement concerning XP. I run 7 machines 24/7, all connected to the Internet via cable, and only 4 have any type of virus protection ( two of the unprotected machines are dedicated cam servers). In 20 years, and with using a virus programs for only the past three years, I have yet to have any security issues. The problem with most Windows complainers is that they have no idea how to set-up a machine for proper operation. This results in an insecure system as well as frequent crashes (which I rarely have).

The reason my I will put Vista on the next machine I build is simple - Halo 2 will soon be released for the PC, but will only run on Vista. I guess I could get a 360, but won't.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacrificeThe reason my I will put Vista on the next machine I build is simple - Halo 2 will soon be released for the PC, but will only run on Vista. I guess I could get a 360, but won't.

From what I understand a lot of people will be needing to see if they even have the system requirments to run the new operating system.
Lets see...new PC...buy a mac with Leopard and bootcamp (if Vista has to run, Im sure it will be supported in Leopard), or buy a new PC to run the mammoth system, that in reviews is said to look like...OS X. (Imagine that)

As for Halo, I respect the fact that you love your game...just hope you dont have to fork out for a new system. If you do, the xbox may be the way to go, but I can see your hesitancy there...

Peace

Dalen

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
With window XP Microsoft found that the Chinese government cracked it and now its the biggest O/S used in china.

I wonder if Microsoft has something in vista that would let them crash China if they wanted to.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join