It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Generic PODcast7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

PODcast: Generic PODcast7
JG does BG vox...yes I once did background vocals...local gig...nothing sold HA HA...

This ain't no retail gig. All safe

Lyrics and music by Cobb

(yes it's all legal!)

length: 28:25
file: btsmpod_2056.mp3
size: 26646k
feed: btsm

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hey JG, not bad! In fact, quite good actually! My favorite was 'Tomorrow I'm Free'. You had mentioned a few times about your musical talent so it was nice to actually hear the JG voice in action!

I always thought it would be kinda neat to be on an album. I can't sing worth a darn, but I did play guitar in highschool and was part of a band. We never did anything more than play at parties, though. I lost interest after going away to college.

I hope you start exploring getting back into music, you seem to enjoy and care about it quite a bit - can't be that hard to get together a three piece, can it?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Thanks DC

It is kinda cool being immortalized on CD in a musical capacity. Even if only in the background....have written about 3 CDs worth of music myself...but you know I can't play an instrument and sing at the same time...I play a bit of piano and a few chords on guitar but they don't come as naturally as the singing and writing...

I tried to put more effort into learning guitar but you know I'm vain and I like my nails...I also didn't care too much for the callouses on my fingertips. Oddly enough because I have arthritis in my left hand I could only play as a lefty and chord with my right hand...I know it's a bit weird...piano is much easier.

Musicians are a dime a dozen out here in Vancouver...trouble is finding ones that click.

I had a few adds in the Straight...got some really weird people responding...

Musicians...go figure.

Thanks for listening

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Wow... I'm so impressed JG!!!!

Thats very cool...
The male singer almost has a Chris Le Deux sounding voice...

Enjoyed the podcast..

Looking forward to more podcasts from you...

Johnny

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hey thanks Johnny!!

Yeah Oliver was really cool for an old guy
Well traveled and thoroughly strange individual. 63 at the time of the recording if memory serves me.

I don't think it was ever his intention to sell anything though...so he just basically came in and sunk a few thousand dollars into a one day studio session. Got a buncha copies to take back home for his wife and family to hear so she knew he wasn't just goofing off on the mainland
I did up his website, and designed the CD labels and inserts and had a few indie sellers who'd take a few copies but he never followed through...

Had a bit of troubles getting his drummer to stay on target LMAO...a little too much "herb" me thinks...but man it was fun!

Not too sure what the genre is though...if anyone knows please feel free to post it

Thanks for listening!

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hmmmm... genre....

Adult Contemporary meets American Folk meets New-Country.

Or .. Randy Newman meets Chris Le Deux meets Warren Buffet

Maybe it's a whole new genre...lol

Lets get First Termer Dave rabbit to decide...

BTW.. I've never engineered a concert that some musician (usually drummer
or bassist) wasn't named "Herb" at some point or time during the gig...LOL

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Oh dear... How can I put this nicely? Err... Maybe I just shouldn't say anything at all?

Me? Keep quiet? Not likely. You could've warned me it's Country music. I could've prepared myself mentally. I know Johnny Anon is just being technical, trying to put it in a different genre. In my books, it's country. And in my books country, jazz, R&B and a couple of others are forbidden music. Also known as music to watch people die by.

But because you're my friend, I listened to all of it. Yeah every last second. It took immense concentration to listen to your technical capabilities and not be drowned in the male vocals complaining about his girlfriend stealing his horse and riding off in the sunset.

Let's put it this way... You can sing. No doubt about that. And if you ever get the opportunity, you can quit your day-job. But with your personality, you need to be the lead vocalist. And with your perfect pitch, you can easily get away with it.

Good job. Well done. Bravo. (I was going to say encore, but then I realised I would have to listen to more complaining about a saddle-itch, so I decided against it.)

What... I tried my best to put it as nicely as possible...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
God it is cowpoke tunes ain't it?

Ahhh you can take the girl outta CowTown but...

C'mon...what about that nifty raggae thing happening there?

R& B and Jazz no GOOD???!!!

Them's fightin' words Gemmy.

I got paid to do it...and fed too...oh yes and I had my Prima Donna Moment when I demanded Astro Vanilla Yogurt for my sore pipes (after singing along from 11 am until I actually got up to the mic at about 3am he he he I was a bit sore throated...)

My pitch is my pride...but also my downfall. Used to make my guitar player nuts when I'd make him re-tune his geetar constantly. I finally got him an electric tuner to make my point

Thanks for uhm..suffering through it.

At is rockabilly-country twangish huh?

Hmmmm.

top topics

join