It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PODCAST TROUBLES please help me someone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
hey all ,

I have a problem and that is that i cant listen to podcasts normally,
it only plays the first few seconds and then cuts out, what is more strange is that the clip progress bar is at the end when it cuts out indicating that the cast is finished,
I have tried everything from messaging Moderators about this problem to using the complain/idea feature, but noone has replied , and noone does nomatter how much i try to ask for help so therefor that is why i am writing this thread,
just wondering if anyone can offer any help on this as i need my podcasts.

Omega

PS, as i am writing this i am noticing that the smilies do not move anymore, they are just still. perhaps this has something to do with it , does anyone have any ideas??
i would really appreciate it .

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
My experience when this happens is that the download got interrupted, meaning just the first few seconds got downloaded, then something went wrong (bad internet connection). The problem is, even if you try to download it for a second time IE jsut uses the downloaded file in the cache, and doesn't actually download the file for a second time. The obvious solution would be to clear your cache and history but this doesn't always work. You could try downloading the file again with another browser, say Firefox for instance.

Thta's all I've got for you.

BTW from my side the smilies are working just fine...?

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hey Omega,

You could download quicktime...it'll open them automatically and buffer them as they play. That's what i use and it simplifies the whole thing and then I don't have to wait to listen...

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
hey u two,
thanks for the replies i real feel like i am in a quandry here,
i use netscape, and i have quicktime,
anythin u could suggest???
i have tried to clear the cache too.

omega

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Omega,

I have found it a lot easier to just Download the Podcast anyway. Rather than listen to it streaming...

Have you tried the "Right Click" "Save As" option and see if it downloads the file to your PC?

PS, I have Netscape (Although I use Firefox) so I just trued a Podcast to see if it may be Netscape....

Sorry, but it worked for me fine....

Semper

[edit on 12/8/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
All the comments above are spot on. I do a right-click -> save as and download it to my computer like Semperfortis mentioned. However, as Gemwolf pointed out, and what I have found, is that it may take more than one try to download the PODCast. Usually, the first time I try to download it, it says file downloaded in, like, 3 seconds. Way to fast. So I right click again and the second time it takes a minute or two, so I know the whole thing was downloaded.

However, If I am sitting at the computer anyway, I just pop it open with Quicktime by simply clicking on the link. Deffinately the easy way to go like Just Generic said.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I know,
but as i said . i allready have quicktime and i am running netscape,
what could be the problem?
would the podcast trouble and the smily thing be in conjunction with each other??

omega

would it be something with my browser??
i dont know but i am gettin the willies real bad lol,
i need my podcasts,
i hate Internet explorer because it is a playground for spyware and stuff, so is there another good browser to get or how would i fix this one if the problem is browser related. ?

What is a really good browser, i thought netscape was good but if that is the problem then i would be happy to change .
i reallllyyyy need your help on this guys,
It annoyes me that i c ant listen to any pods ,

Omega85

[edit on 02/12/2006 by Omega85]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Omega,

I have just uploaded the new updates for Netscape and tried several podcasts on it for you. Just to see if there was a problem..

I am able to "Click" on the podcast and it plays fine.

I am also able to download it with no problem...

My hypothesis would be it is in your computer somewhere. The problem I mean...

Semper

new topics

top topics

join