It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShadow
A quick question. I no longer live in Chicago and havent seen a Tribune in years. How often does Mr. Hilkevitch's column appear?

Looking at the Trib's website, his column called "Getting Around" appears to be a weekly column.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Fooffstarr do you know what their email address is, sorry but I don't feel much like finding it atm.

-fm

[edit on 31-1-2007 by funky monk]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hi... first of all, Springer (and I suspect Jeff), GREAT idea, the cameraphone submission link.

Miah, it's been a long time since I was a reporter... and even press credentials are often phoned in, especially if interviews aren't cleared in advance. I can think of an end-around to get through the inevitable phone call from whoever ended up checking the credentials, but it would be a bit too risky for the fake reporter.

27jd, no, not as oval as that --- the object in the pic from Argentina looks "higher," as in, the height/width ratio is about 1-to-2 instead of the more-like 1-to-3 that I saw. Again, that could be a matter of observation angle, but I don't think so. Also the Argentina object seems more harshly mirrorlike.

TheShadow and disownedsky... Springer, Jeff and Linda Moulton Howe all have my basic cv, my real name, phone number, and in Linda's case street address, as will Mr. Hilkevitch, when he returns. I don't read the Trib, so I don't know his deadlines.

Jbird, I will try to do some photo-taking at some point in the not-too-distant future. I know this sounds terribly lame (pun intended), but I had a bit of surgery this month and am a bit under the weather. Once I can drive that distance again (it's probably close to 95 or 100 miles, there and back, in unbelievable stop-and-go traffic), I'll be able to.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
27jd, lol, that Argentina object really could be a balloon of some sort... it looks sort of crimped around the edges.

Fiverz, by the way, good try. I think berger may have the right idea, about nearby bars... from the little I know of the actual neighborhood around O'Hare I do remember a number of hotels/motels within, say, ten blocks to the east. I'm taking the liberty of sending you a U2U with some information I think would be helpful.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
pegasus1, wonderful! Keep at it... and truly, thank you.

I think I've caught up with comments and questions... I'll probably be back later tomorrow. Have a good night.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Eyewitness, I've been trying to think of ways to crack the "Monolith of Silence" we've been encountering, vis-a-vis the airlines and airport officials.

Part of my "normal" day job involves the "interrogation" of taxpayers, some of who, for various reasons, can be "less than forthcoming" at times.

I have found through experience, that sometimes the most effective means to get someone to "come clean" is to allow them to convince themselves that the alternative course of action will result in even LESS desireable consequences.

Therefore, my idea is to take our inquiries directly to the airlines in question. Not as nosey conspiracy/UFO nuts,

But as current and future customers, the life-blood of their businesses, righteously concerned about what we percieve to be their Cavalier attitude towrd OUR safety.

"After-all, we as passengers entrust Our Very Lives to these airlines; and yet they seem completely Unconcerned about this incident and Uninterested in persueing the perpetrators of this wonton act of trespass and potential catastrophy?

We the flying public Demand that such callous disregard for the customer be publicly stated so that the proper authorities might evaluate the regulatory environment that allows such an outrage to exist!"

Something to that effect lodged, with the varous airline "customer service" departments might get some reaction, I think.

I understand your friends desire to remain "anonymous" and I do not in any way wish him/her to jeopordize themselves, but would it be possible to get a list of those flights (all airlines involved) which were delayed by this object; the length of the delay, and as precisely as possible, The EXACT Wording of the air crew's "explanation" to the passengers for the delay, if there was such an excuse offered.

These "details" would make the "less desireable consequence" implied in such a call much more "immediate".

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
All us Aussies should email them to do a segment on the O'Hare incident.

Why not, it certainly wouldnt hurt. I'll chuck off an email after i get home in the morning.(i work nightshift).

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Sunrise - Suggest a Story

For those asking about how to email Sunrise about O'Hare. I just filled it out and sent it, so if other Australians want to do the same it would be much appreciated

One thing i must insist on though is to be scientific, be objective and be sensible! Don't rave on about disclosure or UFO waves or underground bases etc etc. Just simply say there was a breach of US airspace above O'Hare airport last November by an unknown aircraft, and you thought there would be more mention of it in this era of terrorism scares and security spending.

It would also be a good idea to attach some links to credible media sources, like articles on the story from
About.Com,
CNN,
NUFORC

Go to it!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

For those asking about how to email Sunrise about O'Hare. I just filled it out and sent it, so if other Australians want to do the same it would be much appreciated

One thing i must insist on though is to be scientific, be objective and be sensible! Don't rave on about disclosure or UFO waves or underground bases etc etc. Just simply say there was a breach of US airspace above O'Hare airport last November by an unknown aircraft, and you thought there would be more mention of it in this era of terrorism scares and security spending.

It would also be a good idea to attach some links to credible media sources, like articles on the story from
About.Com,
CNN,
NUFORC

Go to it!

cool, thanks for that. Ill be on it as well.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
My experiences with getting credentials have been relativley easy, but I work for a major radio station. . so its not hard at all. Unfortunatley I live 2500 miles away from Chicago, so I couldnt use my station as the reason for a request.

You are asking about the best way to go about interviewing people associated with this sighting at O'hare. My recommendation is to NOT make up a fake paper or publication to get the interview.

First of all, these airports will check EVERY source that they have to be sure you are from a legit media outlet. This is especially true after 9-11. Your requests will simply be denied after researching your claimed publication. If you feel inclined to put in a request however (against my advice) use the number below to get started. Its the media relations department for both O'hare and Midway.

Department of Aviation
773-686-3700

How this typically works in the media for something as sensational as this sighting is:

1. Story breaks. . media scramble to get interviews from anyone at the airport at the time who may have seen it to get quotes on the air. Both employees and witnesses.

2. Airline tells employees to remain quiet, so getting any details from them is exponentially harder.

3. Media looks for next angle, which is getting an official quote from the airline/airport itself. This results only in denial of the event. Media files a FOIA, and gets a little further in getting airline to admit people reported something. But employees now wont talk to media for fear of their jobs. Another dead end. . and the beginning of endless speculation.

Formal interviews with employees at the airport set up through the media relations department will get you nowhere. If employees talk, it WILL get back to their employer. But hell, maybe someone is willing to be that sacrificial lamb and blow the lid off it reguardless of their job. Its a crap shoot. . . odds are vastly against it however.

Now, that leaves the media and us here at ATS with only one option at this point. . .hoping that more employees come forward to share their experiences. If that means calling around to family and friends who may know someone that works at O'hare or may have been there at the time and may have seen it, now is the time to do it. This will be our only source of information, unfortunately.

I HAVE called several people I know in the media industry in Chicago to see if they had any leads to witnesses or employees. The people I spoke to had no such contacts. They even said that there hasn't been much talk about it in the past two weeks either. Not really out of the ordinary since there hasn't been any new news to go on.

This story is looking more and more like a dead end. Just hope for a legit photo soon. . .

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

About.Com,
CNN,
NUFORC

Go to it!

I did see a small report on this on the ninemsn.com website in their Scitech section (Prob where JJJ picked it up from) but it seems they have now up dated the layout of ninemsn and scitech has changed to Digital living and I cannot find any trace of the old stories..So the Nine network definately knew about it and chose to pretty much ignore it.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

About.Com,
CNN,
NUFORC

Go to it!

Done

added links and everything
everyone in aus should do the same.

[edit on 1/2/07 by lbennie]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Has anyone thought of maybe hiring a private investigator to get more information? I watched a documentary about the MPAA and how secretive they are about who's on their panel rating movies and they were able to find out all 12 of the members' names just by watching the in/out traffic of the building they work in...and even caught them all on video.
This Film is Not Yet Rated

Chicage Private Investigators

If not, I mean, the employees have to enter and exit the airport from somewhere. Couldn't someone stand on public property near there and try to get their attention with a posterboard sign or flyers? Even if they're all coming from different directions into the airport, I'm sure there's one entrance that's closer to where they have to park than most are.
O'Hare Airport Map

How much would a 2-week billboard near the airport cost?
Chicago Billboards

How about an advertising "insert" into their Sunday paper?
Chicago Tribune Services

We have a free local/community paper in Dallas called "The Observer." Maybe Chicago has one that would be willing to run a story with something on the front page?
Example: Dallas Observer

A lot of people like to get ready for work while watching one of the local morning shows - maybe someone could do a call-in on one of those? Or maybe even the radio station with the biggest morning show out there?
Chicago - Local TV Stations
Chicago - Local Radio Stations

Aren't there people at the large airports like that always handing out flyers and things? Are the Krishna's still around? Do they allow soliciting?

How much is it to run an ad on the side of some of the metro busses that are in and out of the airport as part of their route? Some taxi cabs have those little signs on top that advertise things and they drive all over the city, too.
Chicago Metro/Metra
Chicago Taxi Services

..just throwing out ideas here. I know most of these will probably cost a good chunk of change but, at least you guys could vote on which one(s) you think would work the best for what we're looking for and maybe we can pool together to get it done.

Hydden

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I doubt very much the airport, airllines, FAA, etc will ever admit to anything other than "a weather phenomenon", since that would mean the airport is not "secure", and with today's terror-hype, that would be a very bad thing for those in management. That's probably why they're trying to hush it all up, according to the baggage-handler's testimony.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

About.Com,
CNN,
NUFORC

Credible media sources? ufos.about.com? That site just apparently publishes anything and their front page contains those very evident hoax pics and just encourages more hoaxers by giving them such visibility. (And how many black and white phone cams are there anyway?
)

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nothing really to contribute today, other than the fact that I got called into work

I think a couple people hit it right on the head ... you really need credentials to talk to people. But that also means that the people you are allowed to talk to aren't going to ... talk.

I think the best bet to get info is the watering hole scenario. Find out what time shifts end, where people hang out after work, etc. As long as it's legal, I don't see any problem with talking up airline employees in a bar.

I might try and attack that angle ... but not until I'm off next week.

Off to work ... cheers to all that are working on this.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Good luck fiverz!
Is it possible to get through to some nerves through

1)Public concern for air traffic safety...concerned citizens ,news story,some form of demand for a public inquiry on safety etc...(remember the air traffic logs must indicate reactions by the atc to percieved threats to traffic,specially ones where a delay in traffic occurs, and must be a matter of public record ......no?

2)If in fact there WAS an increased military presence that day....we have not to my knowledge looked into it deeply enough from the right angles.....

3)Its time to shellout some bucks......where?how?

4)Are there any other Publicly available records of the reaction to the incident?Fire dept,Police ,etc,anybody have a heart attack?

5)What TAXIES run the airport?Theres a chance that hanging out at the cab stand and asking cabbies that may have been dropping or picking up fares...cabbies got big eyes and if one was there i am sure he or she wouldnt have missed it.They also haveCELL PHONES for side deals and appointments etc.so why not ask for pics?

Ditto for SHUTTLE BUSSES from hotels ...they usually meet incoming flights and there MUST have been some airporter shuttles ....the drivers are also wired up with cells......

6)RUN THE DAMN ADD IN THE TRIBUNE!....for a few bills it is a good way of keeping them on point .They will know there is money paying interest out here and some competition for details and witnesses...it may get them more proactive, tho i believe that reporter is onto the trail and expect Hilkovitch to come down with something more this column or his next...remember they must check facts as well as we or better as they can be sued and also charged with stuff.Ask for witnesses and whatever....be honest and up front ..we are in this for the long haul or we wouldnt be still here.

7)DELIVERY PERSONS also have routes and schedules...what food franchises are there that may have a view of the hover spot?

As a matter of some importance PHOT O BOYS we could use the information as to what locations would possibly have a view of the sweet spot and also have a possibility of seeing the saucer or UO.
Feet on the ground need that spot pinointed to a tee, and maybe an OVERLAY that shows where the best chance to view are....get it?

The actual guys like fiverz whose are brass ones and kudos too.need this...

Some kid with no cares may have been looking out the fast food window slepping mr.frosties and suddenly somebody points up....

we need to cover those and any other angles which may be possible.
Was there not road construction?did eyewitness say that?
How about the flag person or whatever?

Springer i aint rich but where do you want the bucks for the add sent?
Fiverz need gas money?

Lets not slow down or it will be lost in the disinformation machine and rinsed before we get a break....

ALL IMHO but sheesh i am frustrated over this.....!

Its time to start pleading for corroboration there eyewitness work on em...!
Good luck all!

Think think think....thats all i do.....hawaii shots not on site are magnificent will somebody go get them???theyre amazing....!im TOO computer illiterate.
well maybe not...(.www.khon2.com...)

[edit on 1-2-2007 by bergle]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Fiverz,
If you do decide to go the waterhole route( which IMO is your best bet ) I would start at a little place called The Korner House. It is a little dive place to get a burger and a beer after work and was frequented by my gang and I when we worked the afternoon shift many moons ago.

You will find it 1/2 block south of Touhy Ave. on Route 83 which is also called Elmhurst Rd. Both shifts would arrive anywhere between 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. Keep in mind any kind of bad weather could shoot your plans if the company keeps everyone for overtime to work late arrivals/departures.

Save yourself some time and please don't stand on the side of the road by the employee entrance as suggested by someone..... even though there is only one way in and out of the airport for the employees they would just pass you by. They are either in a hurry to get to work or in a hurry to get home ( or to the bar ).

Good Luck and if you need anything just let me know.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
DO NOT GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE EMPLOYEES ENTRANCE FOR SECURITY TO SEE YOU EVEN......
WHOS GOING TO TALK IN FRONT OF THEM?SPECIALLY IF JOB SECURITY IS BEEN THREATENED ALREADY.....
KEEP A LOW SILOUETTE

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hi, Bhadhidar... I think the airlines will just toss feelgood weather phenomena fluff at us, too, and I think if a huge number of people write nearly three months after the incident they'll semifreak, and not in a good way, lol. But I so thoroughly agree with your idea that I'll do it, anyway, just to see what answer I get.

Hydden, lots of good ideas... but alas, no more flyer handouts and Krishna devotees anymore... those were the days.....

bergle, yesss, we need to ascertain for sure if there was increased military presence (esp. aircraft), and if there was any sort of alert issued, in the area during and after the sighting. Regarding road construction, yes, there was, but the workers were gone by then... that road is so busy that they don't work past probably 3:30-4p or so, from what I've noticed in the past.

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join