It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by roadgravel
I am a bit surprised that no other pictures have surfaced.

Gotta be pictures somewhere....

You and me BOTH, I have two promising leads from the "Contact ATS" email but no pictures as of yet. Hopefully before the day is done we will. No telling.

I agree, there has to be more pictures out there. Even when one takes into account that people may not have noticed the object (on a cell phone far enough away it could only be a pixel or two) in a cell phone picture, we know there were people out there with digital cameras shooting the image.

I think it's only a matter of time, patience and perseverance. Well I hope it is anyway.

Springer...

Other pictures have surfaced, but thanks to the diligent work of ATS members and others in the UFO community, they were quickly debunked. This is a very important sighting, and it is expected that there will be hoaxers. As more pictures surface and it's my belief there will be more fakes than actual pictures of the event by eyewitnesses at the scene, we will look at them and examine them for authenticity. However, photos are only one type of data that is needed to complete the investigation. Fiverz's leg work is a great example of another type of data that will be needed. For now, as Springer said, it's only a matter of time, patience, and perseverance.

[edit on 053131p://010751 by HectorRmz]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by disownedsky
Is that really all that strange?

I am merely saying that whatever the explanation for his not being available, the concept of a vacation at this potentially monumental moment in his career and the monumental impact this might have on our planet seems somewhat ludicrous.

I'm a long time lurker here, but have to stand up for the reporter here.

How is this a "monumental moment" to the reporters career? At this point it's not, it just gave him a couple of nice stories, nothing more.

Now if somebody shows up with "Real and verifiable" video evidence, multiple pictures, control tower verification, etc....Or somebody comes forward with evidence of a governmental cover-up of the situation....Then it becomes a story with legs and something to follow up on. If some "Real, defined and undepesputable" video and pictures show up, then this story could lead to disclosure because it would be pretty hard for the government to hide any longer. That would be a "Monumental Moment" in this reporters career.

The simple fact is nobody knows what's going on with this reporter. I know that if I had a planned vacation with my family that cost us a fair amount of money my wife would make my life miserable for years to come if I jumped out of the vacation to cover a story of "possible" significance, but likely nothing more than a fringe story when all is said and done. I know in the end I answer to my wife first, then my boss and job because I plan on spending at least another 40 years or so with her. My job, who knows when that will be up.

The simple fact is that this story is significant to people on this forum, not mainstream of America. Pretty much everybody else in the country has already forgotten about the story or never saw it to begin with (my wife has no clue about it other than what I've mentioned).

Only one picture that has surfaced so far (two months after the event) has shown to be "possibly real, though it has many doubters" and even if it is, it's not a clear picture and isn't going to convince the "Masses". There is no released video, no good pictures and only a few eye witness testimonies. The poster "Eyewitness" seems to be credible, but with no pictures/video to back up the sighting what left?

Let the guy enjoy his vacation and quite crucifying him for taking it when in reality the story is already over.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by 750Aero]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Another very good possibilty is that Mr Hilkevitch (the reporter) may very well be on the job (and not the job of covering this event). But may just be trying to keep the UFO nuts from bothering him any more. Lets face it, if he isn't interested in UFOs this IMO would be something he wants to leave behind him.

Edit to correct spelling of Hilkevitch

[edit on 31-1-2007 by TheShadow]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Eh...it was just a thought, anyway.

Ill-timed vacation...someone was *bound* to mention it.

Plus, Springer said he'd be back on the job in 2 days so, we'll see what happens after that and if maybe he's been contacted anymore by other witnesses.

Sure, a lot of people missed the story, but a lot of people saw it too! My girlfriend had barely heard about it, but all the guys I work with knew about it. I'm here. You're here. I'm sure there are plenty more out there who just haven't made it over here yet or they're taking alternate routes at getting their story/pictures/video out.

We just can't let it go like mainstream media does or we would be no better than they....and that's probably what *some people* want.

Hydden

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I heard about and i'm in Australia. O.K it wasnt mainstream media but it still rated air time.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Fiverz,
Be careful around the airport, the DOA security and TSA won't tolerate any type of loitering especially from a non passenger asking alot of questions of airline employees. I truly do admire your tenacity! The fact is you can't get past security to get to the concourse upstairs where the rampers MIGHT be while on break. Most rampers wont go out into the lobby or Bag check area ( where YOU CAN be ) because of the hassle associated with getting back in ( steel toe shoes, belt buckle, spare change, etc.). The fact is, I work there and I am having a hard enough time finding witnesses.

I didn't want to come on this board and say I am getting close to finding a witness. I was hoping to actually talk to some before coming back on, and perhaps steer them here. I don't want you to jeopardize yourself for something that is difficult enough for ( me) with total access to the area that you could never get to without going to jail for sure.
I have found a co-worker who talked to an employee that was talking about what he saw ( and this was a couple of days after the event in Nov., not after the news broke in the Tribune on Jan 1. ) He described what he saw and according to my buddy this witness was pretty shaken up at the time.
I also am closing in on another employee that witnessed it. This one is ex-military and told my friend there were in his words, "ALOT" of people who saw it. I will let everyone know when I am able to speak to one of these actual witnesses.

The truth is nobody is really talking about it that much at United anymore. I can honestly say that I don't know what to attribute it to, whether it is out of fear for their jobs, apathy, etc.

I am searching though!!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey guys I don't have any time today (I am off tomorrow and the girlfriend just got back from a cruise ... gotta spend some time with her tonight/tomorrow
).

After quickly scanning the thread and thinking about this today, I think the way I went about it was the best way to not arouse too much suspicion. Short of buying a ticket or saying I'm waiting for someone I can't really see another way to do any investigatory work there. I recall seeing some ideas in here, but as I said I'm short on time. I plan on making a return trip though either this Tuesday or Wednesday coming up (next days off). This time I'll have a set plan though ... any ideas are welcome.

And actually I would appreciate getting them in the thread rather than in a u2u ... I'd like to be as open as possible with this. For many reasons.

Cheers to all ... I'll be back on sometime Thursday night.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShadow
Another very good possibilty is that Mr Hilkevitch (the reporter) may very well be on the job (and not the job of covering this event). But may just be trying to keep the UFO nuts from bothering him any more. Lets face it, if he isn't interested in UFOs this IMO would be something he wants to leave behind him.

Why do you think Hilkevitch doesn't want to cover this story?

It was after all Hilkevitch that filed the FOIA request that everyone is waiting on.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Not saying for sure he doesnt. But if he has desires to be a serious journalist doesnt it stand to reason he doesnt want to be "that UFO guy" from the Trib??

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
This time I'll have a set plan though ... any ideas are welcome.

In case you didn't see this one - (couple pages back)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Might want to try some peripheral areas, to avoid the high security in the airport.

And don't forget your camera.

If nothing else at least you'll have some reference pics, to match up to the testimony.

And maybe the 'buddy rule', isn't a bad plan.

(Can't hand you gas money, so here's a WATS, for the effort.)

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pegasus1
He described what he saw and according to my buddy this witness was pretty shaken up at the time.

Maybe for those of us, who have spent years thinking and searching for answers about UFOs, have come to an acceptance and a less sensitive mind set. Some others out there faced with such an unusual occurrance might just end up with a state of mind much different than we would, such as denial or just trying to forgeting about it. "Eyewitness" is apparent proof that not everyone would react that way.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
I heard about and i'm in Australia. O.K it wasnt mainstream media but it still rated air time.

wow, I haven't herd anything about it in the Australian media, and non of my friends had herd about it eithor.

fm

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk

wow, I haven't herd anything about it in the Australian media, and non of my friends had herd about it eithor.

fm

Got a quick mention on jjj news i think, might have been 3d radio, not sure i surf between those stations.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
hrm, ok then. Its a wonder why it didnt make it into any other news media.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I wondered the same, would have liked to have seen Kochie's take on it on Sunrise.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
One thing is for sure..... Mr. Hilkevitch has to come back from vacation sometime. When he does it shouldn't take very long to figure out if he plans on talking and or pursuing this topic or if he wishes to move on from ufo's altogether.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
A quick question. I no longer live in Chicago and havent seen a Tribune in years. How often does Mr. Hilkevitch's column appear?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I wondered the same, would have liked to have seen Kochie's take on it on Sunrise.

, that would be funny. If they did though it would get lots of coverage.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I wonder if there is an off area watering hole for employees......??Perhaps someplace that is convenient to catching up on sports scores and tipping back a few......
Perhaps find out when shift change s are due and showing up very inconspicuosly a ways away fgrom the workers entrance gate or walk in ....
I still think a pair of investigators is better than one.
Also is there a chance that there are any accredited reporters in this thread?Even from a small publication like the ATS Review??????
The Mall Journal?yaddaYADDA?
wHAT KIND OF CREDENTIALS CAN ANYONE COME UP WITH TO PUT THEM IN A POSITION TO ACTUALLY DO WALKTHROUGH AND INTERVIEWS WITHOUT GETTING EJECTED?
THERE MUST BE SOMETHING

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

He is the pinnacle of cool
lol... ok, maybe not.

Still, anything they show on Sunrise gets a big audience. They do delve into some of the more out-there issues as well, like they had some psychics on a few weeks ago and had a special on Australia's Most Haunted places last year.

All us Aussies should email them to do a segment on the O'Hare incident.

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join