It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

Originally posted by crowpruitt
Maybe the radar messes with the cloaking somehow.I believe I've read that radar makes these things crash.Just a thought.

okay, lets think about that statement for a moment (assuming for a minute that it was an alien craft). these beings are smart enough to build a machine that will take them thousands of light years. they would be smart enough to do their homework about a species such as ours before coming down among us, so they would know if radar negatively effected their equipment.

so if radar effects their ship, why in the world would they intentionally fly into an area of heavily concentrated radar?

[edit on 3-1-2007 by snafu7700]
True,like I said it was just a thought(bad one at that:lol

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Im sure everyone here has heard of the Phoenix lights.

Well what happened to that, thats was supposed to be BIG too, Senator McCain was all over that and hes a congressman and NADA. I mean they have this thing on footage, and NADA.

So what is this supposed to do except get people like us all excited, just to be deflated slowly in the upcoming months, an technically this is old news considering this happened in Nov.

Till the day they land on the white house or broadcast themselves with our satellites, where know one can try to cover it up, THEN things will be different for the better or worse.

(for the non spanish understanding people here NADA=NOTHING)

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Check the thread on this, on the same page...more info than you probably wanted to know....

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I just wanted to say that after watching ,"Return of the Nephilim", Chuck Missler was giving a breif lecture about UFOs. And there is a true account in which these UFOs were visiting the Washington Airport. The radar got it and people saw it too. The thing is, it kept on happening again and again. I talked to my friends grandma yesterday and I asked her if she heard about the UFO sighting. She said.

"Oh yeah, I told you about the time when my sister saw that UFO outside our house. They're out there, I'm telling ya."

It is exciting, I'm hoping we'll have a mass invasion lol. Just so that people will believe it finally. And I know it's going to happen because first of all it has to, and second, everyone can feel something is coming. Something huge. But feelings can be misinterpreted here. I'm just saying what I think.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

so if radar effects their ship, why in the world would they intentionally fly into an area of heavily concentrated radar?

Testing air defenses? Testing their new 'human-proof' ET craft?

I think they got the message they were looking for, i.e. "we can do whatever, they didn't even bother to send up a plane after we hovered over a huge airport."

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Check the thread on this, on the same page...more info than you probably wanted to know....

im sure theres plenty of info on it, ive read quite abit myself on it.

but my point is every-time theres something remotely close to something creditable, it just fades away, what makes this so different than any of the other reports?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Maybe the radar messes with the cloaking somehow.I believe I've read that radar makes these things crash.Just a thought.

[edit on 3-1-2007 by snafu7700]

Remember, you're talking about the radar in the 1940's and 1950's. One could only assume that Aliens "live and learn" just like us, and maybe made a change or two to their systems so they didn't crash every tour to the earth.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

True,like I said it was just a thought(bad one at that:lol

i wouldnt say it was a bad thought. all i did was bring out the other side of the coin. for all i know, you could be right....i'm certainly no expert on ufos, just atc.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt

Remember, you're talking about the radar in the 1940's and 1950's. One could only assume that Aliens "live and learn" just like us, and maybe made a change or two to their systems so they didn't crash every tour to the earth.

Just a thought.

very good point. again, assuming that this was an alien craft (and thats a pretty big assumption), they would certainly have learned and adapted over the years.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
UPDATE on the OHare case>>> link

There is at least one photograph of the UFO now and researchers are attempting to get the individual to come forward. Hopefully that will happen.

Anyways... check out the link for an audio Interview with the Pilot/Witness!!

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Another update ... here's a couple scans of Monday's Chicago Tribune that carried the article:

files.abovetopsecret.com...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: I uploaded them to photobucket so they are the full sizes that I recieved ... my original crops were too small

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Fiverz]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I anxiously wait for the picture. Hopefully the person who took it isn't saving it so they can haggle a deal. With our luck some coverup agency will come along, outbid everyone, and place the picture in a nice manilla folder labeled Ohare 2006. That would suck =]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The most significant thread of the day regarding UFOs and I can not see the text!

How can someone not be suspicious?

EDIT:

he he I knew it: after my post, the text came back...

[edit on 3-1-2007 by masterp]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Of course radar systems are changed also through updates so maybe one of those upgrades caught the ufo-nauts by surprise. That would be a BIG surprise to them to think they are cloaked and invisible then suddenly realize that humans are staring at them. That may be the reason they left so fast they blasted a hole in the clouds.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey, i dunno if this will be of interest to you guys but last night on BBC Radio 5 live's "up all night" program they intervied a guy who witnesed the event and was told that he was not to talk about it, i dont know the full transcript of the interview, as i fell asleep before it came on (damn tiredness) this was the info given in the trail for it.

this is the website for it,

www.bbc.co.uk...

and you want to tuesday night 2nd jan i think if its not on there it'll be on the monday 1st one, well i hope it is

[edit on 3/1/07 by Eternal_Question]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
Of course radar systems are changed also through updates so maybe one of those upgrades caught the ufo-nauts by surprise. That would be a BIG surprise to them to think they are cloaked and invisible then suddenly realize that humans are staring at them. That may be the reason they left so fast they blasted a hole in the clouds.

yes and no. the radar beam itself is basically the same as it was when it was originally pioneered in the 1930s. the equipment used to catch that beam, analyze it, and send it to air traffic systems is quite different though. these days the computers in the systems actually weed out things like weather, flocks of geese, and other objects that can interfere with the return, and in the case of the weather, puts it on a different channel that we can display on our scopes to give pilots a real time version of what is out there.

of course there are also doppler radar domes on all major airports as well. i'm not as familiar with doppler, but i understand that it is quite different from ours as it is designed specifically to look at the weather that is out there.....and when i say weather here, i really mean precipitation. rain, snow, etc is what is really causing the echos....the beams dont really see the clouds.

and of course you have the radar units in the aircraft. much smaller and less powerful, but they still probe the atmosphere.

sorry so long winded, but to sum up, the radar waves themselves havent really changed, but the amount of radar waves out there has increased exponentially over the years (especially in large terminal environments like ohare), and that might make quite a bit of difference....if you believe in the alien craft theory that is.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Just to clarify, the subject of the interview on ufocasebook is not a pilot. He "moves aircraft around the airport...", making him a taxiier, not a pilot.

Did ufocasebook repeatedly refer to him as a pilot to enhance his cred and make the case seem stronger? Just wonderin'

Seriously, though, this seems to be a good eyewitness case and I do believe some pilots did see the object. Hope that pic turns up!

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Just to clarify, the subject of the interview on ufocasebook is not a pilot. He "moves aircraft around the airport...", making him a taxiier, not a pilot.

Did ufocasebook repeatedly refer to him as a pilot to enhance his cred and make the case seem stronger? Just wonderin'

Seriously, though, this seems to be a good eyewitness case and I do believe some pilots did see the object. Hope that pic turns up!

my understanding is that he was not the only witness, just the only one willing to be interviewed. i, too, was kind of disheartened by the interviewers continuously calling him a pilot, but that is more of an ignorance issue than anything else. you hear that kind of mistake all the time on the major networks when they are dealing with things they dont understand....especially during live special report broadcasts. my wife has a tendency to get annoyed with me because i sit there and pick apart the bad info in their reports.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It's everywhere now....

news.google.com...'hare%20ufo&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&tab=wn

And some of the news sites are discrediting the Feds... could be a start to something phenomenal. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

sorry so long winded, but to sum up, the radar waves themselves havent really changed, but the amount of radar waves out there has increased exponentially over the years (especially in large terminal environments like ohare), and that might make quite a bit of difference....if you believe in the alien craft theory that is.

Not long winded at all. Posts never seem long winded when they are interesting. And I find it very interesting that radar is unchanged after so many years but its intensity has increased. Interesting that it was possible to improve the quality of radar simply by increasing its sum without any need to develop a different kind of radar.

Then perhaps the ufos react to the strength of the radar beam in the way that the human body reacts to the strength of an electrical current. Up to a certain point there is no harm done, but when the critical level is reached...Yeoweee!!

Then again, perhaps this incident had nothing to do with any human-tech effect on the ufo. Maybe this is all part of some alien test to see if human reactions have changed. The aliens may reveal themselves to large groups of people from time to time to test group reactions to them. They are probably running many such tests periodically to keep track of any changes in human reactions and capabilities.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join