It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yea, they can look really dark and ominous from below but that's more of a function of their density than height. But as you climb through them in a plane you're in blue sky very quickly.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
That's the only thing that I wonder about, how it's possible to see a hole in dense, low level clouds, but I guess I'm no expert. It just seems more likely in a thinner mid level layer to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I just got done reading this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought this would be a good place to link it, in case nobody else has come across it yet.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
To QUOTE Mulder... "I WANT TO BELEIVE!" However, in my case, I DO BELEIVE!

This is awesome stuff.

Dave

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What happened to the maps jritzmann posted?

And the rotated version with the North in correct direction?

Why did they disappeared, was it a coincidence or is it a conspiracy
?

I wanted to check the possible position of the UFO.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hi, folks, will get to the questions now... again, if I miss your question, just repost it and I'll get to it... thanks :-)

air5five, you're ever so polite, and I'm here precisely to answer questions and clarify whatever I can. There wasn't much talking, although five people ended up joining us to watch, and there were others farther away watching. I pointed it out to some people, because it was from our position low and a bit distant, but since I'd already seen it from the roads (and definitely wanted to see more of it) I knew where to look. Those who saw it only with the naked eye could still discern that it was something unusual. Those who had magnifying devices (we used my friend's reading glasses held out at various distances) were the most focused and quietest. Almost everyone at least gasped when it took off, and some squealed.

I'm trying to persuade the friend who was with me to give her account, but she's a college professor and fears negative publicity reaching her university.

I have seen other UFOs --- many likely had reasonable terrestrial explanations, but they appeared odd or had unusual flight properties under my observation. One, though, was surely something "other" --- stereotypical disk, four lights, approx. 50-70 feet in diameter, thinner than this one, and about 2/3 to 1 mile away. I do believe that there are craft in our skies that humans... at least present-day humans --- aren't piloting.

JTF2-CANADA, lol, I know, I do listen once in a great while... but alas, I missed the two crazies.

Nightowl, yes, and whatever space-, dimension-, or time-warping technology is in use probably explains the distortion surrounding it/them. And thanks for the book suggestion... sounds highly interesting.

ORB, I may have been too far away to see any smaller orbs near the object, but I could see distortion.

Cybernative, I completely agree, and I think "they" do have that technology (more EM or even EGeoM than AG, though, I suspect, just from what I know so far about physics)... I just don't think "we" have that technology.

AgainstSecrecy, the problem is that the "object" in your hoaxed pics simply doesn't have the solidity and light-shadow clarity of what I saw. The hoaxed "object" looks way too diffuse, and is still obviously a light source rather than a solid object reflecting ambient light and ground darkness.

27jd, I think the clouds weren't thick that day, just low... if they'd been very thick at all, at that time of year the skies and ground areas would have been nearly dark by that time of day.

sergejsh, if I could shade that a bit differently and slightly change the overall color (and remove the seam --- I didn't see any seams), that would be really close, including the slant. And it did seem darker gray, when viewed from more of an underside position --- not as though it was made from two different metals or materials, but as though it was fairly reflective. It did appear to be rotating counterclockwise. But it was proportionately thicker than a Frisbee, and the edges were more rounded.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Will be here for a while to try to answer questions, but will have to take a break in order to talk with Jeff when he calls, between 7 and 8p Central US time... so please be patient if I vanish for a few minutes... will be back for a while after our call. Thanks :-)

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
And Dave Rabbit, you've got nice hare... heheh.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Eyewitness again ty for your brilliant account...
And now my question...are u still trying to contact The Tribune's reporter?
What is your last news about him?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Cybernative, I have tried getting my name and phone number to him, but I haven't heard back yet... but I didn't come out of the witness closet until a few days ago --- I really thought that by now much more "hard" evidence would have emerged, because there were people taking photos, and even if those photos didn't show more than a speck from our distance, with the kind of photo analysis and enhancement these guys here are doing, even cellphone shots could be so helpful. It wasn't until several friends basically harangued me into telling, and one told me about this site, that I stepped into the fray. My main goal is to persuade the people who do have photographic evidence (even if they can't see more than a dot on their photos) to release their photos, even anonymously.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Eyewitness, may i joineveryone in thanking you for taking the time to come forward and shed some light on this event. It's people like you that make a real difference.

I have one question if i may... after this object took off a tremendous speed, was there a general buzz around the parking lot? as if they have just witnessed something out of this world. Or was it more confusion. I just want to get a feel for how extrordinary this objects exit through the cloud was.

thanks again

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

air5five, you're ever so polite, and I'm here precisely to answer questions and clarify whatever I can.

Awesome! Then I will stop tip-toeing.

Eyewitness, I know you have a painfully slow dial up, but would you mind checking out these photos at the UFO Evidence site of a siting on November 26, 2006 in Alagamar, Brazil and letting us know if this object looks similar to what you saw?

[edit on 29-1-2007 by air5five]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I fully underestant that Eyewitness...But I have the feeling that he is the key to airport employee's sileince and more than that THE picture about which we have heared for some days and is not still surfaced,,and was just contemplating maybe u can get more info about him

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hi, lbennie, and thanks so much :-)

When it took off, within a few seconds I did look around to see how people were reacting (had already heard the gasps and squeals). Most kept watching the sky, especially along the angle it took, which brought it slightly closer and somewhat left of us all. Most people did discuss it with their accompanying friends or family members --- we heard a number of people still discussing it in terminal five, after I had reparked and we had gone inside. I think in part that since people had already delayed going inside (and all of us had to catch a flight or meet someone), no one lingered after we figured it was really gone. But yes, I'm sure people who were there with others were talking about if for a fair while, if they had any sort of magnifiers, especially... the naked-eye-only viewers may just have been wondering out loud exactly what the heck they'd seen.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Eyewitness, you are a real trooper bright spot in this subject.

Given your association with airline personel, what is your take on the past suppression on sightings. Airlines not wanting to deal with the unexplained, or a push from the goverment to ignore, etc. All of the institutions, so to speak, benefit from our tax dollar, but thumb their noses at us.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Cybernative, I've wondered a few things, too --- such as, is someone sitting on a fair amount of information and evidence in order to do a quick and splashy book, or in order to sell the story and photos. Also, since I'm sure many of the people watching it are probably not actually from Chicago (both those from the region as well as foreigners arriving or flying out... I was close to the international terminal), I wonder how many would actually get access to the information. Even as close by as I live, basically in the NW Indiana suburbs, most people don't read the Chicago Trib, and I didn't see it on the news but twice (one of which was a midday rerun of the story from the night before), and there was a definite flake-factor to their coverage.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
air5five, that actually is pretty close... as in, I can imagine angling the Brazilian one and seeing it under cloud and time conditions of 7 Nov. O'Hare. The object I saw did look a bit less "mirrorlike" reflective, had what I can only describe as a fuzzier, softer quality to it, but that could have been due at least in some part to the closeness and softness of the clouds it was reflecting. But this really is quite similar.

roadgravel, I've had airline (and military) pilot friends for many years, and they've all told me about that exact sort of suppression. The military pilots are often asked to make reports, but then have even had their flight logs changed to eliminate the sightings. We pay a tremendous amount in taxes just to be treated like children, idiots, and incompetents... we need to change that one of these days....

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
air5five, now that they've all downloaded (at 5.2kbps, argh), one difference is that what I saw seemed to be a bit more rounded on the bottom, although again, that could be due to angle of sighting.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyewitness
Cybernative, I've wondered a few things, too --- such as, is someone sitting on a fair amount of information and evidence in order to do a quick and splashy book, or in order to sell the story and photos. .

That's exactly what I'm thinking and already mentioned it in a long post some pages before...

[edit on 29-1-2007 by Cybernative]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Eyewitness - again about form of that object you saw and "UFO" on photo n1. Is it really looks similar to what you saw, or so-so... ?

And how about that photo of another UFO, which I published just few messages back? Is it more similar or not?

Thx

[edit on 29-1-2007 by sergejsh]

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join