It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyewitness
Jbird, thank you :-)

I wish I'd known about this thread earlier on... as it was, it took me a few days just to read all the pages, lol. I'm really glad to have the chance to be helpful... I want ALL of us to have every possible speck of information.

To those who've previously mentioned feeling as though "somethings coming" --- I know what you mean. Keeping in mind this sighting and others such as the multiply filmed "fleet" of UFOs over Mexico City a while back, there is a sense that things have ramped up a bit. And the more I look, the more I find blatant, multiple-witness daytime sightings.

It could just be another UFO Wave is on the way and right now we are just beginning to catch the beginnings of it that may last for a couple of years and then fade off again.
But this time round, we humans are equipped with cellphone cams and so on.... so those guys who are up there hoping only to be seen and nothing more will be in for a surprise because a lot more witnesses will be taking their pictures too! Lol...
At any rate, I too am wondering if something is up. If 'they' are soon to make themselves known on a much broader scale then ever before in the history of mankind. I also feel that they will even make an appearance to us and let us know who they are and why they are here where everybody will be privy to this information via the mass media.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Eyewitness, thanks for the observed object size and your repeated trips to ATS.

Any math wizards out there?
If some here is good with math could you explain the correct method to compute something such as this.

I did some reference measurements today with a 20 foot target and a GPS to get a 1/4 mile distance. (using Jane Doe interview numbers, object 1/4 mile away).

My result was 20 foot at 1/4 mile = 1/4 inch at arms length. Eyewitness said the object was about the size of a nickle.

Object stated somewhere in the 1320 ft (1/4 mile) to 1800 ft high. A nickle is about 3/4 inch in diameter.

Is the math something like this:

Let's say 1/4 mile away, 1/4 mile high, nickle size
Is that (20 feet * 3) / sqr(2)

60 / 1.4 = 43 feet - wow good call eyewitness

---

Had to change may data - mismeasured a nickle - geez (lucky I even had one)

[edit on 1/28/2007 by roadgravel]

[edit on 1/28/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Palasheea, my cockpit crew friend says most flight personnel don't bother to report sightings (although they will often ask ATC if there's anything unknown on the radar) because of hearing stories about, or actually experiencing, that sort of hassle.

Jbird, well, it may be a small revelation, lol... I haven't by a looong shot visited too many other sites regarding this sighting, so I'm not really aware if that information has been posted anywhere else or not.

Postal76, no, I didn't notice anyone with an obvious videocam, but I wasn't much looking at the people around me... but some digital cameras do have a video mode (my new one does)... but video uses up memory very quickly, and frankly if I had a chance to photograph an object, I'd be likelier to use photo mode, because that way I can take a number of quick autofocused shots rather than take the time to switch modes (which isn't, I'm learning, especially easy unless you're very very proficient and familiar with the camera), and maybe burn up all my memory in one quick video.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thanks for answering my previous question eyewitness.

To my other question regarding the speed of the ufo when it left and punched a hole in the cloud cover, did it take off quicker than the eye could follow, was it a blur or did it leave at a speed at which you were able to distinguish its shape the whole time. Did it shimmer or wobble in and out of your vision?
Sorry for repeating this question as i know you have heaps to follow up on.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Sorry for missing that, mojo4sale... I can't really say that it blurred, but it moved astonishingly quickly. It didn't have much higher to go and be in the clouds. What was striking about it was that the speed was simply instantly generated, with no apparent "speed-up" moment.

roadgravel, I still think it was smaller than that... just my impression. It could possibly relate to my having sort of long arms (played basketball in college, lol) for my height... would tell you a sad story about a sweater my mother gave me when I was a kid and how it looked as though it had been made for a young chimp, lol, but I'll spare myself that humiliation. But I really do think it was less than 40' in diameter, based on seeing other planes in the same general vicinity (although not during the sighting, perhaps tellingly) and comparing it with them based on size.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So Eyewitness, do you believe that there are UFO's now?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird

The airline employee was told by a person in the cockpit... I don't know (as in, he wouldn't say) whether he spoke with the guy who actually took the photo or with another person who was also in the plane.

Is this common knowledge, something I missed?

Or is this a small revelation ??

May I reiterate-

Did anyone else understand this connection, before this??

Even tho, I missed access yesterday I'm pretty sure I've read all the posts.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm sorry for not answering questions for a few minutes after you post them... I'm still on dialup, and not the fastest at that, so I have to keep reloading just to see additional questions, then slooowly going to the comments page and back. Thanks for your patience... and thanks for your patience when I miss a question... you're all in all a polite bunch.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Palasheea, let's just say that this was one heck of a confirmation, lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The airline employee was told by a person in the cockpit... I don't know (as in, he wouldn't say) whether he spoke with the guy who actually took the photo or with another person who was also in the plane.

Is this common knowledge, something I missed?

Or is this a small revelation ??

May I reiterate-

Did anyone else understand this connection, before this??

Even tho, I missed access yesterday I'm pretty sure I've read all the posts.

I believe that that pilot who did that C2C interview who saw the UFO said that one of the pilot's took a photo.
Also, the first guy who reported on Davenport's site said that too -- i think. not sure though.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Jbird, I'm not sure if I mentioned that previously here... I did tell the moderators here about that when we spoke on the phone. As for the guy who told me, I have no idea if he's mentioned this publicly or not. I do trust what he has told me, because he's been very upfront about refusing to tell things that he, for whatever reason, doesn't wish to tell.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Palasheea, let's just say that this was one heck of a confirmation, lol.

Well, just wait and see Eyewitness... you will start thinking about all kinds of other possibilities about the world that we live in -- like never before! Right now you are still in the mist of 'processing' this sighting, but rest assured, you will find out that your world view will be undergoing some dramatic changes as time goes by.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Don't make me start staying up late to listen to C2C... I am just so sure that Art Bell is a disinfo person, lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have to go now Eyewitness and thanks so much for stopping by tonight!
And don't fret. lol, you will not all of sudden start listening to Art Bell now but you may be wanting to see if you can catch some more UFO's up there. Just remember to keep looking up! lol
Talk later and good night!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Palasheea, thank you for all your insightful questions :-)

Sweet sleep to you.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Jbird, I'm not sure if I mentioned that previously here... I did tell the moderators here about that when we spoke on the phone. As for the guy who told me, I have no idea if he's mentioned this publicly or not. I do trust what he has told me, because he's been very upfront about refusing to tell things that he, for whatever reason, doesn't wish to tell.

Eyewitness , don't get me wrong.

I'm certainly not trying to say you're withholding any info.

Just thought this was a tie in, I may have missed.

If not, I'm surprised others haven't commented, I guess.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Eyewitness, thanks again for showing up here....not only that, but responding so thoroughly and patiently to everyone...

I find your response about the craft taking off almost instantaneously without any apparent time to "speed up" most interesting.

If your recollection is correct (and apparently other witnesses have stated this as well), this really puts a big doubt that it's a man-made craft. And it ESPECIALLY puts serious doubt into the possibility that it was piloted (internally) by a human being.

Accelerations of this magnitude would produce absolutely unsustainable G-forces that would crush human bones and flesh. By comparison, look at jets that are catapulted off aircraft carriers - for a split second or two, they are probably approaching limits that humans can withstand. They launch from 0 to 160 in about 2-3 seconds. Yet, when seen from afar, there is definitely a "speed up" or acceleration phase that is noticeable. The planes in no way appear to "zip" from motionless to full speed in no time.

Yet, the craft over O'Hare, by all accounts, seems to have, performed this incredible feat. I don't believe that we would even have earthly material capable of not being crushed. Our missiles and rockets come closest to this, yet they have an acceleration phase.

All of this, and then it leaves a clean circular hole in the clouds.....very interesting indeed.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I know, Jbird... I'm pretty mellow by nature, so no worries at all. At this point, other than not giving out the names and contact info on my friends and on the aforementioned airline employee, I'm not keeping anything undercover. But I certainly wasn't asked to keep anything (other than contact info/names) that was told to me secret, either by him or by my flight crew friend, so I'm talking, lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
MachXX, the takeoff was in ways the high point for me, in part because it put the object closer to me for a nanosecond or two, and in part because of exactly what you describe. As Jeff so aptly phrased it when we discussed this over the phone, it would have turned any human pilot to soup, given what we reasonably think current levels of human technology would allow. Had to be terrific g-strain involved... so much that I don't think even lying in some sort of movement-compensating couch would spare the bones all that much.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I know, Jbird... I'm pretty mellow by nature, so no worries at all.

At this point, other than not giving out the names and contact info on my friends and on the aforementioned airline employee

And certainly not expected.

Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join