It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hi, mojo4sale... there were occasional little spurts of very light rain that afternoon, but I hadn't run into any in the O'Hare area while I was nearing or there. I do understand that the fellow had the cellphone outside the cockpit window of the aircraft, so rain shouldn't have been a problem... that, or that is one tiny tiny drop of water on the cellphone lens, lol. My reluctance to calling that photo a hoax is because what I saw (and I was farther away than field or crew personnel would have been) looked very much like that: a bit fatter and more ovoid than the stereotypical disk, and while it was obviously reflective (the "top" was close to the color of the sky, and the "bottom" was a darker gray, darker than I think shadow alone would have caused), it also had a slight opalescene to it. I remember thinking that this object could be either metallic or some sort of ceramic-type substance. I also wonder if people seeing it closer would be able to say if it was wobbling slightly, because that could account for the sort-of-fuzzy opalescent effect.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyewitness
...my understanding from another witness is that the crew member stuck his cellphone out the window, .

Welcome back, Eyewitness.

Could you elaborate on who this witness is?

A witness you've heard about, talked to , or an airport employee, perhaps?

Thanks again for being so forthcoming .

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
roadgravel, I guesstimated it to be between 25-40 feet across and maybe 6-10 feet in height. Naked eye, it was about the size of a nickel at its closest, which was as it left, when it angled towards me somewhat... although since I didn't see it from directly underneath, you sort of have to shave that nickel into an oval. My friend and I did look at it through her reading glasses, which allowed us, when holding them at nearly arm's length, to enlarge it to about quarter-sized, but doing that "fuzzed" the object even worse and didn't give us any additional details. Am also now keeping some powerful binoculars in the trunk of my car, as well as toting the new digital camera everywhere I go.

Will be ready next time... and I do hope there is a next time.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

roadgravel, I guesstimated it to be between 25-40 feet across and maybe 6-10 feet in height. Naked eye, it was about the size of a nickel at its closest, which was as it left, when it angled towards me somewhat... although since I didn't see it from directly underneath, you sort of have to shave that nickel into an oval. My friend and I did look at it through her reading glasses, which allowed us, when holding them at nearly arm's length, to enlarge it to about quarter-sized, but doing that "fuzzed" the object even worse and didn't give us any additional details. Am also now keeping some powerful binoculars in the trunk of my car, as well as toting the new digital camera everywhere I go.

Will be ready next time... and I do hope there is a next time.

There probably will be if you just keep looking up there!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wow! Were people really screaming out in the parking lot when they saw that UFO?
I'm not surprised!

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Jbird, the other witness (other than the friend who was with me) is an airline employee at O'Hare. I got in contact with him after the Tribune story came out, when I realized that airport personnel had seen and, to whatever extent, reported the sighting. I found him through information posted at another site. He's the only airline worker I've been in touch with so far, although he personally knows several others who saw the object from the runway or hangar areas.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Palasheea, when the object took off in somewhat our general direction, a few people did indeed squeal, and I imagine practically everyone gasped. I know I did... won't admit to squealing, though, lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sorry for all of the questions but has your friend said anything about his employers sending out messages to employee's not to talk to the press or the public about this sighting?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Palasheea, the thought both thrills and terrifies me, lol... as you, I'm sure, can well understand. But I do find myself scanning the skies constantly since that day, and I'd have to say it's three parts curiosity and one part paranoia, lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
And finally, just wondering but why do you think that UFO was over O'Hare like that?
I presented the idea that maybe the UFO had Hostile Intent and so on... but I only stated that to start up a discussion on that. I have no idea why they would be showing up in such hazardous sky's when they could have just shown up above a NFL game instead. But still, we need to take into consideration that maybe they are trying to give us some kind of a messsage. I hope it's not anything but benevolent but it's still better to err on the side of caution.
What do you think about this?

link   

Jbird, the other witness (other than the friend who was with me) is an airline employee at O'Hare. I got in contact with him after the Tribune story came out, when I realized that airport personnel had seen and, to whatever extent, reported the sighting. I found him through information posted at another site. He's the only airline worker I've been in touch with so far, although he personally knows several others who saw the object from the runway or hangar areas.

Just to be clear, this airline employee, personally,

witnessed the pilot take a picture out of the cockpit window?

or
was told of the incident ?

link   
Palasheea, alas, the fellow I've spoken with won't discuss that, and my friend (the one we were picking up at O'Hare), who is a member of an airline flight crew, hasn't heard anything about that yet, although he has promised to ask around. He (my actual friend) did say that airline/airport/FAA demands for silence wouldn't be exactly unusual --- a pilot friend of his reported a UFO over the air once, was told by air traffic control to be quiet, was questioned when his flight arrived (this wasn't at O'Hare, by the way, and has nothing to do with this particular sighting), and was told to keep the sighting to himself. I don't know whether it was an ATC, FAA or airline person who questioned him or told him to be quiet about it.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Palasheea, the thought both thrills and terrifies me, lol... as you, I'm sure, can well understand. But I do find myself scanning the skies constantly since that day, and I'd have to say it's three parts curiosity and one part paranoia, lol.

Well they say that a lot of people who first see a UFO amazingly enough also see them again a few times later in their life. Some even start seeing them and photographing them on a regular basis. It seems almost as if one can actually 'call' them to appear! I know that sounds crazy but there are a lot of people out there now who claim this is true! So you may be one of those people. Great that you are now well equipped to take good photo's should they show up for you again sometime!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The airline employee was told by a person in the cockpit... I don't know (as in, he wouldn't say) whether he spoke with the guy who actually took the photo or with another person who was also in the plane.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Palasheea, alas, the fellow I've spoken with won't discuss that, and my friend (the one we were picking up at O'Hare), who is a member of an airline flight crew, hasn't heard anything about that yet, although he has promised to ask around. He (my actual friend) did say that airline/airport/FAA demands for silence wouldn't be exactly unusual --- a pilot friend of his reported a UFO over the air once, was told by air traffic control to be quiet, was questioned when his flight arrived (this wasn't at O'Hare, by the way, and has nothing to do with this particular sighting), and was told to keep the sighting to himself. I don't know whether it was an ATC, FAA or airline person who questioned him or told him to be quiet about it.

Hmmm, it sounds like your pilot friend is pretty much saying that it may even be standard practice for the FAA to request that pilot's not talk about any UFO's up there -- at least to the public. But do let us know if you find out if there's been a request to airport employee's to keep quiet about it.
There's got to be some reason why we are not hearing from these people!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thanks much, Eyewitness!

That, is info I've been searching for

since the beginning.

Much appreciated.

And thanks again for showing up for the members.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Hey eyewitness,

Thanks for coming forward. I've witnessed a UFO as well, and just wanted to point out that I can absolutely relate to that.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The airline employee was told by a person in the cockpit... I don't know (as in, he wouldn't say) whether he spoke with the guy who actually took the photo or with another person who was also in the plane.

Is this common knowledge, something I missed?

Or is this a small revelation ??

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Eyewitness, you mentioned that you saw some people taking pictures of the object, but did you see anyone filming it? I guess with today's melding of technology it might have been hard to tell, but I figure it would be apparent if someone was taking a video of something versus just snapping a picture.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Jbird, thank you :-)

I wish I'd known about this thread earlier on... as it was, it took me a few days just to read all the pages, lol. I'm really glad to have the chance to be helpful... I want ALL of us to have every possible speck of information.

To those who've previously mentioned feeling as though "something's coming" --- I know what you mean. Keeping in mind this sighting and others such as the multiply filmed "fleet" of UFOs over Mexico City a while back, there is a sense that things have ramped up a bit. And the more I look, the more I find blatant, multiple-witness daytime sightings.

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join