It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerop

Originally posted by Palasheea
The fact that this UFO was flying in RESTRICTED AIRSPACE, possibly could indicate that it was doing so with HOSTILE INTENT where it's presence up there that day should be interpreted as outright INTIMIDATION on their part.

Whomever was controlling that aircraft allowed it to hover over that airport for a good 15 minutes or longer in complete defiance of those national security and safety rules and regulations set-up by our nations highest authorities.

Another possibility - perhaps it was a secret military surveillance craft on an actual mission (not a test flight). To do this over a busy public airport, it would have to be a matter of great importance - maybe monitoring nuclear materials transfer or something like that. But then presumably, the airport management would be notified beforehand. Also, heck of a technological breakthrough to keep quiet about for so long.

Or... could be an ET.

zerop, that possibly could be so but if there was suspicion of NUCLEAR materials being transported at a civilian airport, the fact that that UFO was up there for at least a good 15 minutes, one would think the authorities would be clearing out the entire airport during the time that surveillance was taking place by that truly extraordinary, 'out of this world' air craft up there that just so happened to look like a fly saucer!!

You know, such a scenario as you describe sounds even more off the wall than simply considering that it may after all be 'from some place else'.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The lack of available media in this case is rather shocking. In this day and age where so many cellphones have cameras, so many surveillance cameras are around, and in a airport where a great number of vacationers passing through with cameras, it is amazing that there are nothing but the usual hazy grainy "UFO pictures" that have become the norm. I'm willing to say that an airport is probably only second to a sporting event for cameras per capita. My first serious thought when I heard about this event was that it would be on YouTube any moment, so many things are caught nowadays because of the ubiquity of personal imaging devices and the availability of mass distribution (internet), its just incredulous that there are not more images of this popping up.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
The lack of available media in this case is rather shocking.

so many things are caught nowadays because of the ubiquity of personal imaging devices and the availability of mass distribution (internet), its just incredulous that there are not more images of this popping up.

I completely AGRRE with you! However there is hope, based on what "Eyewitness" has shared with us there were "dozens" of people snapping shot after shot of this thing.

The images ARE uut there, the trick is getting them IN HERE.
Our top priority this coming week (starting tomorrow, Monday 29 January, 2007) is to get the word out as far and wide as possible. We have several plans underway to help with that.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Keep up the great work, Springer! I heard the interview on C2C and thought you did very well telling the story.

Hmmm...maybe you should call George back and ask him if you can come on in the first hour again and make a plea for anyone with pictures to contact you guys. Mention also that if they have them on their cell phones and aren't sure how to get them to you, to make email contact and you guys (or someone) can call them and try to walk them through it.

I think it's worth a try, at least.

Hydden

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by D_Hoffman

Also, if the idea was to take a picture of a stationary UFO, wouldn't you put the subject in the center of the frame? And besides that, wouldn't you snap MULTIPLE pictures of the thing? I mean, it IS a UFO after all.

The pilots of the United plane being directed back from Gate C17 also were notified by United personnel of the sighting, and one of the pilots reportedly opened a windscreen in the cockpit to get a better view of the object estimated to be hovering 1,500 feet above the ground.

If a pilot waiting for clearance, stuck his cell out said window, a proper framing could have been tricky.

Also, as mentioned earlier, he may have been attempting to include the ground as perspective, also a reason for not framing the UO in the center.

And maybe only one successful picture out of several tries, could answer the last part of your quote.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird
If a pilot waiting for clearance, stuck his cell out said window, a proper framing could have been tricky.

Also, as mentioned earlier, he may have been attempting to include the ground as perspective, also a reason for not framing the UO in the center.

And maybe only one successful picture out of several tries, could answer the last part of your quote.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Jbird]

I don't know who you are, but you read my mind on all 3 points made and I was just about to post the same message to that response.

Kudos!

Hydden

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydden
Mention also that if they have them
on their cell phones and aren't sure how to get them to you,

Maybe someone versed in this procedure
could start a thread with the procedure, for all the cell pic transfer challenged ?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Should Eyewitness return (or should we be lucky enough to have Another witness to this strange event step forward) I'd like to ask:

Following the departure of the object, did you notice Any Unusual Response from the Airport Authorities, Police, Security Services and/or Military?

Bear in mind that I am asking about what happened After the Craft Departed.

I can understand that the sudden appearance of something unexpected might catch even the most professional "off-guard", and delay an appropriate response. But, depending on the presence of mind that one would associate with training and professionalism, the 12-15 minutes that this object hovered over O'Hare should have been enough for even the lowest of officials to "call for Help".

And even if that "help", in the form of security rushing to the apparent site, or a Police helicopter being dispatched to the airport, perhaps a fly-over by the military, even if such action was too late to confront the object; at least witnesses at the aiport, if they stayed around long enough, would have noticed the arrival or change from standard operations.

If however No Such Response was in evidence, as witnesses may be able to testify to, then perhaps we are to conclude that

This Visit was "Pre-arranged"!

with the cooperation and consent of the officials in charge (although "the officials in charge" here may refer to officials above, perhaps High above, the administrors of O'Hare).

Immediate resumption of "normal" aiport operations, following a distinctly
Abnormal occurance smacks mightily of "Move along folks, nothing to see here" -ism.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Jbird, Hydden

I like your take the United pilot as the photographer. It fits in with most of my thoughts on location. For what it is worth...

I wonder how it would fit in with the expert's anomally comments though.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by D_Hoffman
what are the odds of two separate photographs being taken
from the exact same place in the terminal focusing on the exact same spot on the horizon?

And as for near identical pics ,

could there not be a 'sweet spot' vantage point,
just off the airfield ,
directly behind where Pic 1 (perhaps from an airliner waiting for clearance)
was taken ,
from which others could typically take pictures?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Heard Art Bell read the usual news lines on c2c sat nite.....
as shocked to hear(though after a disclaimer)he read the frivolous crap that trails the news and rather mocks the whole thing.Thought he had more common sense.
We definately need to encourage not only Mufon,but all Ufo investigation agencies about trying to obtain more witnesses or photos....
For the record i believe they ? acted in a manner which is fully comperhensable to an outworld visit.
Do you think they were trying to get landing permission or at least learn our proceedures for such?
Perhaps the photos are fakes and so be it.
I suggest a whole new thread involved with the other efforts which direly need a central focus which will not clog the photo analysis thread with other speculations etc.
Perhaps three threads would be better.1)phot debunking what is going to become a flood of amature imitations ..(the photosop kiddies at play)
unless i miss my guess your most excellent methods are going to become a challenge if they havent already.
2)s discussion and speculation type thread.....obviously needed to clear this one of cross chatter.
3)a thread set aside for the eye witness acounts and whatever else come up....
Anything sort of similar that the mods can come up with will most definatley help with the organised confusion i have been following for some 70 odd pages...eestrain is setting in as i search for real new news on this one.
Pics are one tyhing, but the rest another,and we need discussion on all levels.
any ideas?
can i donate through pay pal??
What else can i do to be a part ofthis thing?everyone who is serious about Ufos is watching and waiting with help in the wings waiting to see where its needed.God bless you all Eyewitness your courage and even headed observations have been crucial.Please encourage your friend to speak up also t the mods....
you photo boys just blow me away...ooorahh!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Okay, so we've had around 5 definite fakes now, and all were proven to be fake by finding the source picture online. What happens when some hoaxer decides to go the extra mile and actually take an original picture at O'Hare? How could anyone debunk this?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird

originally posted by D_Hoffman
what are the odds of two separate photographs being taken
from the exact same place in the terminal focusing on the exact same spot on the horizon?

And as for near identical pics ,

could there not be a 'sweet spot' vantage point,
just off the airfield ,
directly behind where Pic 1 (perhaps from an airliner waiting for clearance)
was taken ,
from which others could typically take pictures?

That's part of my take with my post about the T10 taxi point and runways. It lines up with the east side if the C concourse area. Planes might quite often sit on a runway there waiting for takeoff. Didn't the blog translation mention the possibility that the congestion photo was taken while waiting for take-off by a japanese flyer.

[edit on 1/28/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Also wanted to give another ATS welcome and thank you to
David Biedny
for all the behind the scenes, efforts.

An of course, thanks to Jeff R.
as well, for your work, and
if I'm not mistaken, for bringing another quality member
to the ATS community.

Bravo to you both.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Should Eyewitness return (or should we be lucky enough to have Another witness to this strange event step forward) I'd like to ask:

Following the departure of the object, did you notice Any Unusual Response from the Airport Authorities, Police, Security Services and/or Military?

Bear in mind that I am asking about what happened After the Craft Departed.

I can understand that the sudden appearance of something unexpected might catch even the most professional "off-guard", and delay an appropriate response. But, depending on the presence of mind that one would associate with training and professionalism, the 12-15 minutes that this object hovered over O'Hare should have been enough for even the lowest of officials to "call for Help".

And even if that "help", in the form of security rushing to the apparent site, or a Police helicopter being dispatched to the airport, perhaps a fly-over by the military, even if such action was too late to confront the object; at least witnesses at the aiport, if they stayed around long enough, would have noticed the arrival or change from standard operations.

If however No Such Response was in evidence, as witnesses may be able to testify to, then perhaps we are to conclude that

This Visit was "Pre-arranged"!

with the cooperation and consent of the officials in charge (although "the officials in charge" here may refer to officials above, perhaps High above, the administrors of O'Hare).

Immediate resumption of "normal" aiport operations, following a distinctly
Abnormal occurance smacks mightily of "Move along folks, nothing to see here" -ism.

You've brought up some excellent questions here Bhadhidar and I hope Eyewitness will be coming back here so we can ask some of them. What you are saying here makes a lot of sense and I'm wondering what DID exactly happen at the airport during and after this UFO incident.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sergejsh
Well, I would say that weight of similaryti of big structures on that photo much bigger than what you circled. And without doubt I personally think that these photos shows the same location. Maybe they was shot from a little different points, but this not so important.

Pardon my absence today, I've been sleeping, which I havent done right in a few days.

Serge-we're not saying it isnt the same area. It obviously is. What we're saying is they are not the same picture, i.e. the congestion shot is not the "base" of the UFO shot.

Someone asked why there would be 2 shots from that area? It's a turn around off the runway. Passengers, pilots and taxi pilots turn there probably every day. I'm actually surprised there arent alot more shot, although we have found others of that area. If it is a common place to turn an aircraft, then it stands to reason people have taken a shot out the window.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ah, there you are, JR.

I've had a WATS burnin' a hole in my pocket,
since Friday.

So there's one for ya !

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Just a quick comment about whether or not an ET visitor would desire to be at a "civilian airport"....

If we assume that this craft was piloted by beings from an advanced civilization, how would we even BEGIN to know what their motivations are??

Their motivations could be as complex as the technology behind their crafts. I could barely understand the motivations behind my 5 year nephew when he performs certain actions, much less a more psychologically complicated grown person, and much, much, much less beings from outer space.....that would truly be guesswork!!

- Maybe the craft was making a brief curious (tourist-like) stop, amongst many, many others across the planet (apparently, it was spotted in Aurora, IL as well).

- Maybe it was "toying" with other types of flying objects (our airplanes) seeing what their reactions would be

- Maybe it simply lost its way to more important destinations (whatever they may be).

- Maybe they have hostile or even friendly intentions, sending a signal to us, or maybe they have no idea what sort of reaction they would have on us.

- Maybe earth was their only stop (hitting many, many stops), or maybe it was one or two quick stops as they traverse millions of lights years stopping at dozens of known (to them) planets with lifeforms.

The potential list is endless......trying to "guess" why the supposed aliens would stop at O'Hare is almost a meaningless exercise.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ok guys…in recent days I followed this thread post by post and didn’t participate in debates; not that I was verbally persecuted by some members because of my bad English. As a matter of fact because the deep and insightful analyzes and discussions conducted by many talented and experienced members of this community intrigued my intellectual egoism to sit back. Read and learn..!

But now that the evolution of this story is in a shifting point, maybe some thoughts from my part will be useful for the board...

1- There have been many discussions about the shape and color of the craft how much it was dark or bright...etc…in order to verify and analize the authencity of fotos…but IMO...something very important have been dismissed here…
According to tons of documents...vids...fotos and witness testimonies the most probabil propulsion system which is used in these crafts is antigravity propulsion system which by its nature creates space-time distortion around the craft...the effect of this phenomena on human perception is a variety of colour and shape changes and this is the reason many genuine witnesses talk about BLURED images they received from the UFO’s during sightings. From this point of view we can both understand and give full credibility to eyewitness’ testimony as she says she couldn’t see and have a CLEAR perception of craft’s shape and color…so IMO...putting tens of questions about it’s colour shadows and or how much it was flat or round for comparing withy the colour and the shape of the object on the first foto can not be of much help. And more than it we need to consider this effect on all direct eye accounts and/or recorded images

2- Where are the most genuine and direct witnesses to this sighting? Mean the airport employees and pilots who saw the object and initiate voluntarily to come forward and contact The Tribune? Don’t tell me that they are not aware of this forum or other forums and even if they are warned by their bosses to shut up they haven’t courage to get inside this forum and tell their story anonymously. I don’t buy that...
I think we can find them where the Tribune reporter is now spending his vacation...loooooooool
Being in journalistic activities for a long time, I can not believe that a reporter who has found such an incredible story with so called credible image. And in the middle of many things happening around the issue leaves his desk and goes somewhere to drink beer and eat popcorns…that is the most improbable thing he may do at this moment. I think he is now working hard with some witnesses who have more detailed and credible pictures to come up with a comprehensive story. And exactly this is the reason we don’t see those key witnesses with THE photo to come up and go with this story public...IMO...the agreement is done and he is behind the silence from the airport fisrt hand witnesses provided he was the main contact with them..

3- Why O’Hare airport? I think we are still way far from this question until we can get to some clues at least about their agenda here on this planet…many years ago a brilliant mind. From your country…a great friend… told me that it’s not of most importance where they are from or who they are...but the most important question is WHY they are here...and in IMO this should be the main focus for any serios research and study in this field. Not to mention that…even use of words hostile or friendly about an intelligent life form which by definition is totally alien to us could be too simplistic.
4- I can feel the smell of a gradual and controlled disclosure pattern in recent mounths.specially recently. We can see the results of this trend in main stream media and not only this...

And to close this long boring post...lol…I think the best strategy for ATS is to coordinate contact with the Tribune reporter through our credible Eyewitness to have a coordinated action plan for going public with all our resources…She is credible..Couragous

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Maybe it was just a day trip to the zoo for ET.

Have followed this thread in its entirety so just wanted to add a big thanks to jritzmann, eyewitness, rampagentx and all others who i may have forgotten after 70 odd pages.
I dont dish out too many but a wats comin your way jeff.

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join