It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
From Tea: How the he** did you join today and manage to accumulate 6000+ points?

I think people keep giving them to me because I came here only to provide eyewitness information on the O'Hare UFO case, so I guess I'm getting them for 1) "coming out," 2) being highly credible, and 3) willingly sitting here answering questions.

Funny thing is, I have NO IDEA what the he** one does with points, lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
OK, one sees an object, drives north on Mannhein with it behind , out of sight, then sees it from the terminals again after reaching the parking. People viewing it are facing basically south or southwest (the terminals B,C,G,H) are to your right) The position past runway 4R, south or southeast of the airport, must be 1.5 miles away. The people who saw it over the terminal just assummed it directly overhead, instead it was just lined up with the terminal C building.

Sound correct, at least for you?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Discussion of the photo analysis is spreading... the more minds the better as far as I'm concerned...
(Some of it is not too positive)

jeromeprophet.blogspot.com

strangegrub.blogspot.com

About.com

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yes, they print the story, but how? Like good all communist press, all reports are alike - all essentially mocking the story. "Tired joke", "amusing" etc. - nobody gave any credibility to the witnesses.

Official media all reported the same way. Nobody has a different angle, different views, opinions. Like they all get orders from the same place.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Eyewitness,

I apologize if you have answered this before. In my opinion photo 1 is a fake. One of the things that stand out to me is the angle of the object relative to the ground. Did the object appear to you to be angled in any?

Thanks for your time.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
roadgravel, I think I already may have goofed up SE for SW for the direction of the object... it was close to if not over the terminal area that's at the end of the runways that go from the SW edge of the airport and angle up somewhat northeasterly. Part of my problem is that the map I used had N at an angle on the righthand side, and I can't turn my monitor sideways, and it's frustrating the heck out of me. From where I was as I came into the airport area (I was coming from the east), the object was almost directly ahead of me --- sort of at an 11:30 position, if you know what I mean. At that point I knew it was in the vicinity of that southerly runway, probably up towards the end of it... in other words, up near the terminal that sits at the end of that runway (I think I mistakenly said "SE" of when it's really SW of the runway). The map should do the trick --- I did email it to the friend who was with me that day, to make sure we both agreed on our locations, so the marks on the map are as accurate for us both as possible.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Eyewitness, Here is Jritz map oriented

external image

[edit on 1/27/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ace_SD, yes, it was slightly angled, not exactly parallel to the ground... leaned a bit to the left, from my perspective.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So it appears the object was out near the end of runway 9R.
Therefore the first UFO picture must have been taken facing that end, which is westward or maybe southwest.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
roadgravel, thanks and perfect... clearly I need a decent graphics program if I'm going to continue being in the right place at the right time.

If you look at the main terminal, which is in the upper middle of this view (it looks sort of like a stylized stick man holding up something like a sickle-like weapon... follow me on this, because I'm truly doing the best I can here), then follow a line just east (right) from the upraised, right-pointing "blade" of the upraised "sickle," the area where I was, the terminal five area, is the somewhat black-outlined ovalish area. For a bit the object was behind me, as I drove into the terminal five area. We initially parked as far SW as we could, as that provided the best visibiility.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Eyewitness]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hmm... that's interesting. Thanks Eyewitness.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Eyewitness, is it the spot (red dot) or is it the end of the runway that ends nearer the terminals, but farther to the west (the end is and up and to the left of the dot)

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bizone
the fact that we have the same exact congestion (6 plane lights) visible on both pictures is enough to close the book on that photo for me.

Thats a gif image that either I screwed up or is glitching. There is NO sign of the landing lights in the UFO photo. What youre seeing is a 10% opacity congestion shot over the UFO shot. Thats all.

I'll have another overlay of the entire uncropped version of both shots, and you should all be able to see a serious difference in these shots.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
roadgravel, it was probably fairly exactly where the arrow ends... it was hard for me to get that much perspective, since the difference between the red dot and where the red arrow ends, over the terminal itself, was all pretty much the same at my distance and in my line of sight. My best guess would be that it was closer to being over the terminal or concourse building (where the arrow ends) than over the runway itself.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Eyewitness]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
roadgravel, thank you so much... the map you posted for me, and oriented with north up, no less, is so easy to read compared to the other one. Muchly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Eyewitness, thanks for taking time to reply. Sure you are busy.

As a country guy, I am use to distances and compass. I had thought from various reports that it was a lot closer to the concourse. That a far piece away but with something in the air, distance can look shortened.

Once again, thanks for your time and good luck with all in life.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
roadgravel, thanks... it was really hard for me to tell exactly where it was in relation to the buildings at the SW corner. My best view of that was actually when I was in traffic, and I had to keep looking back and forth between traffic, road turns and the object. All I could tell for sure was that it was over that southwestern area, and from what I knew of the airport, that put it down the line of that one outer runway and over towards the one terminal/concourse area. Once I parked, the runways, etc., over that way weren't visible to me, but the object was still high enough to be visible... in fact, it seemed a little "fatter" to me there, which I took to indicate that it was either doing a fat wobble, which I couldn't outright see although that would account for the almost pearly-soft or "fuzzy" effect, or because of its angle I was now able to see a bit more of its underside and less of its top.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It's been a long night and day, so I'm going to hop offline now. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon and again in the evening to answer any more questions you might have. Have a good night :-)

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Thanks to Eyewitness, we now have a fairly good grasp on the chain of events that took place.

This might be a bit of a premature question, but where do we go from here? Is there any major media outlets resurrecting the story? Can we contact any more witnesses to assist in piecing it together?

What i'd love to know is how the object arrived. Maybe there is some lucky individual out there that saw it arrive. Did it just appear? Fly in from a certain direction? Came out of the clouds to whence it returned? I guess all we can do is speculate on it.

Also, the question of ownership comes up again... who was it?

[edit on 27-1-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think it will take more witnesses to move this farther into the public's eye, which might help in the investigation. I am pretty sure an average person like myself can't get the info and access needed to people and info that would break sometihing like this open.

Maybe the military has some new toys nearly ready for debut and are in "beta testing". Somehow, that frightens me.

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join