It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Good morning Eyewitness and a sincere welcome to ATS. It's been fascinating to read your reports of the incident and I have to say that you've made me reconsider the importance of this event. I did believe that witnesses had seen something odd, but I imagined the media was making a mountain out of a mole hill as usual. From your report, it seems like there's more to this event and the media are either clueless or downplaying it purposefully.

The initial reports claimed that ATC staff couldn't see the object and were poking fun at the ground staff that were radioing in reports. Your story and others seem to indicate that at least some planes were delayed in landing due to the presence of this thing and therefore, ATC staff must have thought it was a real object. You're in a unique position to confirm that since your friend was among the flight crew of a plane that was delayed that day. Would it be possible for you to ask your friend if there's any way to confirm the reason for delay that day - possibly ATC logs (handwritten vs. the computer logs that are apparently recycled after 2 weeks). Also, could you ask whether your friend thinks ATC would normally just laugh off reports of an unidentified object in their airspace? In other words, does he think they would try to contain a situation like this by denying it?

Could you also confirm for me your opinion on the photo's posted in this thread so far? I think you said that the first photo (fuzzy cameraphone photo with the object shown at the end of a runway) seemed to be in the wrong position. Is that correct?

Also, would any of these photo's help you describe the appearance of the object?

Thanks for coming here and participating, it's a huge bonus for us to be able to get responses vs. speculating on what a witness might mean. I hope we don't burn you out with all our questions.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
By Eyewitness

the object had an odd visual effect to it... the sort-of-mirrorlike-yet-sort-of-"fuzzyish" quality

Thats exactly how I would describe The incident I saw here in Manchester.

they were huge but My eyes couldent Resolve its detail!.

Exelent stuff! we may see more of these Objects, Keep our eyes Peeled.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
2nd Photo ?

Sorry if this has been posted. I am just checking in quickly & i was on page 27 last time, so i am way behind on what is new

admin edit: We are keeping known hoaxes off this thread.

Found the link to it and info at about.com

[edit on 1-27-2007 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think the above pic Is intresting, but it could be just a Jetliner...the lights are in the right place and IT lookes very foggy hazey not to see the plane very well

added to that I can see a distinct Smoke/fuel trail behind it

However I will play with this in Photoshop 7 see if IT brins up morer detail.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by TrentReznor]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Since I don't have the time to look through 64 pages - has anyone proposed getting the "witness" who spoke to Rense to look at these?

If so - I would imagine he would be willing to quickly dismiss any hoaxes.

(I assume he wants to remain somewhat anon or we could just ask him to participate in this thread here)

Has this already been (or is it being) initiated?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry people, and this is coming from a member who has argued for the validity of some pretty unbelieveable pictures on this website, you're all being had here. My BS meter went off when the first picture arrived. Having said before that I believe something happened at O'Hare, now I'm not so sure anything happened at all. The description of the UFO has now changed from preliminary reports to now our newly found "eyewitness", who has described almost exactly what we're seeing in these photos.

These pictures are most definitely a hoax, and the event itself is even in question now IMO. Who's involved as far as I see it, well I think I better keep that to myself.

I don't mind throwing myself under the bus, I just don't like being jacked around. Sorry if this offends anybody.

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I respect jritzmann's evaluation of the first photo's authenticity, but I still think it is probably a fake. The fact that the object in the picture matches witness testimony means NOTHING, because we've had witness testimony for a while, so anyone with a decent imagination could recreate the object as described. And any similarities between that photo and the newest photo could simply mean they were hoaxed by the same person, or as stated above, the "UFO" was recreated with eyewitness testimony in mind. If we had everyone on the forum with Photoshop create a picture of the UFO, I'm sure they'd all look similar as well.

Jritzmann -- is there any reason to believe that the picture in question was NOT a picture taken of a picture? How could you tell the difference between that and a genuine, primary photo?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
These pictures are most definitely a hoax, and the event itself is even in question now IMO. Who's involved as far as I see it, well I think I better keep that to myself.

Something happened, too many witnesses, even major mainstream media coverage, while some of what we see and read here and elsewhere could easily be hoaxed, there are credible sources, and the eyewitness in this discussion has been in contact with staff, was very forthcoming with personal information etc, hardly something a hoaxer would have done. Separating fact from fiction is where the real challenge is here.

Then the mind wanders, what does this all mean? if what was seen in Chicago was not of this earth, what is it? where did it come from? why was it over a major international airport?

If that UO was over O'Hare and was not man-made, nor of this planet, and there are other recent sightings that have some credibility to them, what the hell are they? and why are they here? Especially one that is over a major international airport, and clearly "knowingly" drew so much attention?

Are they getting ready to say hello in person?

Looking for the best place to land and make contact with us pathetic humans?

Selecting a suitable site for landing and starting the invasion?

I think at this point anything is possible, But I can't escape the fact that this really happened in Chicago. There is simply too many credible witnesses, corroborative evidence, major media coverage etc. To be honest, I really have been (over the years) not that interested in the UFO and aliens subject matter, but when something like this comes along, it really makes one wonder... What the hell is going on.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Heres a Leveled and a selective band pass of the pic also with a bit of Sharpening.

img125.imageshack.us...

Looking more disc shaped that Plane shaped as I said earlier.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The order of posts have been changing within the last twenty minutes or so folks, one having completely disappeared.

I'm really disappointed with what I'm seeing here guys! I'm losing trust.

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I noticed that too Dr. Love. My post is now at the top of this page and a while ago it was at the bottom of the previous page.

The last photo posted is a fake by the way, it's already been debunked as a stock airport photo from google with a spaceship photoshopped in. We need to start ignoring the known fakes.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
2nd Photo ?

Sorry if this has been posted. I am just checking in quickly & i was on page 27 last time, so i am way behind on what is new

That photo was made using the first image from this page.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
I noticed that too Dr. Love. My post is now at the top of this page and a while ago it was at the bottom of the previous page.

A quick peek at the Opening Post will reveal the reason why things have moved a bit.

SO has made a synopsis of this thread for those who are just now coming to ATS and put it on page1.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

If you go to the first post in this thread you'll see why, a summary post has been created, and is now placed in the opening post with the original OP following that, so every post following that is now off by one position. The summary post should make navigation of this thread easier for everyone here, members, visitors and guests.

Nothing has been removed, just an addition.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Are they getting ready to say hello in person?

I wish!! That would be nice. (as long as they are nice, which considering the mutilations and painful abduction experiments, I doubt it)

Looking for the best place to land and make contact with us pathetic humans?

I think it must have gotten lost or was having troubles. Chicago O'Hare is too busy with our little airliners. They'd need a place to safely land without the worry of getting nailed by an airplane.

Selecting a suitable site for landing and starting the invasion?

Unfortunately, I think this is most likely. They aren't acting friendly at all. Shrouded in secrecy; animal mutilations; painful abduction experiements .. nope, not friendly at all.

I just hope we aren't a food source for them.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You can see lights on the craft as well as a trail behind it. A trail like an airplane trail through the low clouds. I highly doubt this is 'the ufo'.

i102.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

2nd Photo ?

That photo was made using the first image from this page.

Someone took a picture available on the web and edited in a UFO? Now why does that seem familiar?

Seriously, if this guy had rotated the pic by 8 degrees instead of flipping it, people would be saying it's real

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The order of posts have been changing within the last twenty minutes or so folks, one having completely disappeared.

Peace

As the great band of the 70's and 80's said... "Paranoia will destroy ya"

Look at the first page of the thread.

WHY is it so hard to wait for the experts to finish analyzing these pictures and let THEM decry them or support them?

That is what CREDIBLE people do, they don't jump to conclusions one way or the other, they bring the experts what else can we do? ATS has NEVER stated these images are real or not real. There are plenty of good examples in this very thread that indicate it's a hoax.

The fact the professionals have lives and can't stop everything they are doing to give us a definitive answer right now is just "life" and the way it is.

I don't know what you're losing trust in, but it appears like you need more patience than you do trust Doc.

If you are convinced the shot is faked then good for you, there's no reason to get "snotty" just because others want to hear it from credentialed experts.

My personal opinion sways that direction too, I can't get past the near perfect match with other image. I am also pretty sure the second one is too if only we could find the original image on the web.

edit doh! I just heard from Ritzmann, looks like #2 is GOING DOWN! Another one BUSTED by the Members of ATS.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

You're loosing trust because we created a summary of a giant thread and insterted it as the first post?

You loose trust easily.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'd just like to bring up again that there is ANOTHER report of a very similar object near Aurora, IL on the SAME DAY and right after the approximate 4:30pm sighting in Chicago. This person's report was sent to the NUFORC before the hype hit the media, it was sent to Peter Davenport on December 13th 2006. www.nuforc.org...

Shiny Object near Aurora, IL

Occurred : 11/7/2006 17:00 (Entered as : 11-07-06 17:00)
Reported: 12/13/2006 5:43:45 PM 17:43
Posted: 12/14/2006
Shape: Unknown
Duration:30 seconds

I came home from work at approx. 5 pm. Walked to back of house (facing north) to talk to wife and kids. They were outback on this partly sunny day. I was talking with her and looked up to the slight west(about 3 miles west of RT. 59) and saw a very shiny object stationary and silent in the air about level with the clouds, which were spuratic in the sky. This shiny object was hovering in an open area of the sky in between two sets of clouds. I thought that it was very odd, so I staired at object for about 20-30 seconds, when I turned to my wife to continue the conversation. I interupted our chat to tell her to look up, and when we did, the object was gone. I did not notice any trails that it may have left, and all I can say for sure is that it was about 1000 feet up and it was probably silver and round in shape.

((NUFORC Note: We spoke with this witness, and we found him to be quite serious-minded and credible. We suspect that he is a very good witness. PD))

Aurora is about 35-40 miles west of Chicago. And as I stated back on page 2 of this post, based on the eyewitness's reported location of the UFO, there is a possibility that the object might of been near the Fermilab. Home to some extremely interesting machines studying the borders of known physics.

Just making sure all the cards are on the table and we aren't getting too caught up in hoax/not-hoaxed pictures.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join