It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Jbird
The intersection can be found here
mapquest

Thanks, roadgravel, but what I meant was a picture/map

Posted, in the thread, as requested earlier by Eyewitness.

originally posted by Eyewitness
if someone wants to do up a tighter map area that shows Mannheim and the international terminal and parking area, I can pretty well determine from that exactly where it was when I saw it from there.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thanks eyewitness for coming forward. Now I feel a bit better about these pictures. My wonders now kinda fall to the airport? Because if the air planes were put into a holding pattern one would wonder if this thing pinged their radar? And if so then maybe we can get some inside info on the control tower employee's? I also would like to say I am very impressed with the indepth perspectives of my fellow members some of you guys should have taken a path into the laboratory field. I hope this helps move the ball closer to the goal. Again thanks to those who over the past few days have amazed me with your perspectives on this event it has been a pleasure watching some of you guys work!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyewitness
As to how I felt when I saw it --- initially on the road I was curious and a bit excited by it, because it was fairly apparent that it was something quite different. When I watched it from the parking lot, there was simply no doubt in me that I was seeing, under practically ideal circumstances, a craft that was under control, that was capable of moving in ways that would, with normal (known) technology, cause a human body quite a bit of discomfort, if not brroken bones, and that it was, in fact, extraterrestrial in origin. I really thought it was going to land, and the friend who had rridden to the airport with mee said at one point "This will change everything." Emotionally, part of me wanted it to come down fifty feet from me, and another part of me wanted to run and hide. Not very scientific-minded of me, granted, but it had that effect.

Emphasis added.

I'm sorry but were you in the middle of writing a novel?

After reading some of these posts, something ain't right.

This does not sound like a real encounter. Have you been reading sleeper's thread?

Call me crazy. I've been called worse.

[edit on 1/26/2007 by Hal9000]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
"Words without thoughts never to heaven go." -- Shakespeare

Originally posted by Hal9000

Not to put words in Eyewitness' mouth, and I'm sure she can best answer this herself, but some of us write more eloquently than others.

I caught a lot of hell for my "confessions" thread, and admittedly told the story with dramatic flair, but I told the story honestly, nonetheless.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm with everyone else ... thanks eyewitness.

Now I have to do my duty and ask a bunch of questions, hopefully you can answer some of them

1) Why have you or any of the other observers not come out to any media source prior to this point? It seems with each new eyewitness that MANY people witnessed this event, and yet everyone was only talking amongst themselves about it???

2) In your estimate, how many people actually viewed this event? Were there just a few that noticed it, or was there a crowd staring at it. You mentioned 6 people, did you notice any runway activity stopping or anyone out there looking up?

3) How long was it from the time you first saw the UFO until it flew away?

I have many more, but I don't want to overburden you. I have to say that seeing everything to this point ... I'm cracking open a bottle of suds and looking forward to hanging out here for a bit ...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Have you been reading sleeper's thread?

I think we've said it before, and we apparently need to repeat it relatively often.

Please accord a degree of respect and appreciation to people who volunteer to come here of their own volition to share experiences such as this.

It's possible to disagree with someone's account, dislike their presentation, or think they're "not right" and still behave in a way that is welcoming.

Please do so. Future accounts from new members may rely on it.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Majic, thank you and all the others for welcoming me... must confess, I wasn't at all sure what my reception here would be like.

Jbird, I found ATS via another website I visit, which mentioned ATS as pretty much O'Hare UFO Central... so I linked, and I read... and read... and read... lol. I'd pretty much already decided (especially after being heavily persuaded by friends) to open up a bit about the sighting, and while there are a few, well, umm, less mature amongst the posters here, by far most of you are obviously sincere and searching for answers. We've had more than enough secrecy about such things over the years.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
JBird

Here is one with the two roads labeled.

Another map as a picture

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ha, ha. Thanks again, roadgravel.

I guess I'm not being clear.

We need to actually embed a picture of the map , in the thread,
not just a link.

I'm having trouble getting a screenshot down to the allowable size, to upload.

Majic, SO, can you help a brotha out.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ohare map

apc

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Eyewitness, did you ever get the impression that the craft was spinning?

I've read a number of theories that demonstrate how gravity waves can be manipulated using static electricity generated on the surface of a spinning object, and a saucer just happens to be an excellent shape for this.

If the craft was spinning either during the sighting or when it departed, this could explain the "static" sensations that have been reported.

I'm still leaning towards man-made prototype, but I have little doubt of the legitimacy of much of what has been reported.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
JBird

That was an "img" tag. Thought it would show image inline. Give me the BB code and I'll redo it.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Mapquest Map Of O'Hare

Here's a snapshot of the Mapquest map linked above (and moved around a bit to show more of O'Hare), reduced using a JPG:

Click on image for larger PNG version.

Hopefully Mapquest won't mind my doing this.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
JBird
That was an "img" tag. Thought it would show image inline. Give me the BB code and I'll redo it.

this is from the ATS Handbook.

To include a picture or graphic within the body of your message, you simply surround the address of the image as shown here:

I think there's been some recent changes to how to embed a pic.

Maybe a Mod could help us out??

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Eyewitness-I too would like to thank you for the great post. Thank you for taking the time to articulate your sighting as you did. It really helps when putting things into perspective. You have been a breath of fresh air for the UFO area.

Hopefully more people will come forward with their accounts of what they saw that day.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hal9000, lol, no, wasn't in the middle of writing a novel... have been on the phone with several administrators and moderators of this site off and on through the evening, and it's been a bit chaotic getting back to answer questions. As to my writing style, well, I was a reporter and news anchor once upon a time, so it behooved me to be able to write lucidly and in detail. Basically, though, much of this is difficult to explain or define, especially when it comes down to how it made me feel. It made me feel some things I've never felt before, and it's hard to come up with words for those feelings. But I'm doing my best to answer the questions put to me, and the delays have only been due to several prolonged conversations with several people who operate this forum... I've given them my name and phone number, and I think they're finding me a highly credible witness.

Fiverz, I couldn't see the runways from where I was, after I turned off Mannheim and into the parking lot --- at that point, the runways were on the other side of the terminal buildings from me.

As to why more witnesses haven't come forward to discuss this sighting, in part it's because it didn't even make the news here for a month and a half. We were surely talking about it on at least one local forum (where purduejake first mentioned it on 7 November, the day after the sighting). Once we learned from the Tribune article about the forum where purduejake (an airline employee who saw the object) posted the sighting on 7 November, the day after the sighting... up till then, though, I had no idea that anyone had posted the information anywhere, so I just discussed it with friends, which is what I assume other witnesses were doing, too. Since I didn't have photos, I wasn't really sure what I could do... wasn't sure that simply telling what I saw would be of much use. It was mostly at the insistence of friends that I decided to write this forum... and this is the only thread on this forum I've visited, so no, Hal, I don't know anything about sleeper's thread... and that should be easy enough for the moderators to confirm.

Fiverz, granted, I was paying more attention to the sky than to the parking lot, but there were easily several dozen people watching it at various points. I watched it in the parking lot for about ten minutes, and pointed it out to a few people, who stood with us and watched until the object left. I did see a number of people taking photos, both with cell phones and with digital cameras, of the object, and a large part of my purpose in talking about this is to help persuade them to release their photos.

I first saw the object when we were just north of the intersection of Irving Park and Mannheim, for less than a minute. After we reached the parking lot, we watched for approximately ten minutes, until it tore off out of there.

Again, I'll do my best to answer every question... and if I happen to miss one, remind me again... and if I don't know the answer, I'll tell you that, too.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
JBird

The terminals are in the large blank area around the parking loop off 190.
They are west, south and east of the loop. You can compare to the linked map posted. I like the external pics anyway cause I have low bandwidth here.

Hope that helped.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Thanks eyewitness for the info! I guess my direction with the question was more along the lines of why didn't you contact newspapers or TV stations immediately after the sighting? I mean you said yourself that you used to be in media, wouldn't that kind of be the first thing you think of to do after seeing something of this magnitude? I can think of various reasons why you wouldn't/didn't but I'd just like your take on that.

Thanks again for your time ... on to bottle #2 for this guy

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Sorry , I have little kung fu - let me try again.

brackets around img -then the picture url- then brackets around /img.

which seems to be what you're doing.

I'm looking for the updated method...stand by.

Unless a MOD could help some brotha's out?

oops, Thanks Majic

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
apc, the object had an odd visual effect to it... the sort-of-mirrorlike-yet-sort-of-"fuzzyish" quality... but I did think it was rotating rapidly and counter-clockwise. There was a vague visual effect that seemed to indicate a spinning motion and a slight disruption or distortion of the air very close to the object.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join